Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    122

    Universal raise one day ticket price to $92.

    The race to $100 theme park admission tickets continues, as Universal Orlando Resortís tickets page shows the price of a single-day, single-park admission now is $92.
    The Orlando theme parks had been dancing close to the line with $89 tickets, and this time Universal decided to take the leap.
    The move must be in preparation of huge tourism business coming this year for the opening for Transformers: The Rideó3D on June 20 and, more importantly, the 2014 opening of Wizarding World of Harry Potterís expansion into Universal Studios.
    Universal Orlando has updated all the prices on its admission tickets page.
    Which means, including tax, the price is a little over $100.
    What do you guys think?

  2. #2

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    2,182
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Universal raise one day ticket price to $92.

    This is simply proof that Universal is going to follow in the path of Disney and try to force guests into visiting them for multiple days rather than simply hopping over for one day and then heading back to Disney. 92 dollars per person for 1 day is simply out of most families budgets, however if you buy a multi-day ticket the prices become much more reasonable with a 2 day ticket averaging 63 dollars per day, a 3 day ticket averaging 47 dollars per ticket, and a 4 day ticket averaging 38 dollars per ticket for single park access each day.

    I think this simply shows that they believe that they are ready to compete with Disney head to head to be the destination point for tourists rather than the overflow as they've been in the past.

  3. #3

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Reseda, CA
    Posts
    346

    Re: Universal raise one day ticket price to $92.

    wait, the parks in Orlando charge tax on their tickets?!

  4. #4

    •   
    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    SF Bay Area, California, United States
    Posts
    2,571

    Re: Universal raise one day ticket price to $92.

    No surprise really considering all the new offerings they will have in the next couple of years. I can't wait to see it all sometime next year. I will be there this year as well but I will make a special trip to see the new HP stuff

  5. #5

    • DLR Cast Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Central OC (CA)
    Posts
    1,259

    Re: Universal raise one day ticket price to $92.

    I'm told Universal Hollywood will be raising their prices soon (current price is $80). Sea World will be raising prices this summer as well (currently $78). The DL price of $87 seems pretty reasonable when you compare.

    I always find it amusing that when all the theme parks do their annual price increases, Disney gets called greedy and anti-guest, while all the other theme parks get none of those same complaints. It's a case of the biggest target getting hit the most.

  6. #6

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    501

    Re: Universal raise one day ticket price to $92.

    Quote Originally Posted by TSTLSOOM View Post
    wait, the parks in Orlando charge tax on their tickets?!
    Yes.

    When all said and done, a one day, one park ticket to Universal Orlando is $100.13. Universal is the first park to break the $100 barrier.

    Quote Originally Posted by RiversOfAmerica View Post
    I'm told Universal Hollywood will be raising their prices soon (current price is $80). Sea World will be raising prices this summer as well (currently $78). The DL price of $87 seems pretty reasonable when you compare.

    I always find it amusing that when all the theme parks do their annual price increases, Disney gets called greedy and anti-guest, while all the other theme parks get none of those same complaints. It's a case of the biggest target getting hit the most.

    And both of those parks you mentioned offer "buy a day, get a year free" deals. Disney does not.

  7. #7

    • Junior Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Posts
    496

    Re: Universal raise one day ticket price to $92.

    Quote Originally Posted by RiversOfAmerica View Post
    I'm told Universal Hollywood will be raising their prices soon (current price is $80). Sea World will be raising prices this summer as well (currently $78). The DL price of $87 seems pretty reasonable when you compare.

    I always find it amusing that when all the theme parks do their annual price increases, Disney gets called greedy and anti-guest, while all the other theme parks get none of those same complaints. It's a case of the biggest target getting hit the most.
    Up until recently, Disney always raised their prices first. They started the entire trend of annual price hikes.

  8. #8

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    122

    Re: Universal raise one day ticket price to $92.

    Quote Originally Posted by kcnole View Post
    This is simply proof that Universal is going to follow in the path of Disney and try to force guests into visiting them for multiple days rather than simply hopping over for one day and then heading back to Disney. 92 dollars per person for 1 day is simply out of most families budgets, however if you buy a multi-day ticket the prices become much more reasonable with a 2 day ticket averaging 63 dollars per day, a 3 day ticket averaging 47 dollars per ticket, and a 4 day ticket averaging 38 dollars per ticket for single park access each day.

    I think this simply shows that they believe that they are ready to compete with Disney head to head to be the destination point for tourists rather than the overflow as they've been in the past.
    That's a great point. I think your right, this does put Universal in a different category.

Similar Threads

  1. [Question] Buy 2 day or one day ticket?
    By weezie77 in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-06-2010, 11:32 AM
  2. One Day Ticket remains $63 - Two SoCal ticket offers
    By Darkbeer in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-03-2007, 06:31 AM
  3. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-13-2006, 11:14 AM
  4. Univeral offer: Buy a one day ticket get a 2006 annual pass for free!
    By Dustysage in forum MiceChat News Archive
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-10-2005, 01:46 PM
  5. Special 1st Day Ticket Pin, how to get one this Sunday?
    By Darkbeer in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 08-13-2005, 09:57 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •