Universal raise one day ticket price to $92.

The race to $100 theme park admission tickets continues, as Universal Orlando Resortís tickets page shows the price of a single-day, single-park admission now is $92.
    The Orlando theme parks had been dancing close to the line with $89 tickets, and this time Universal decided to take the leap.
    The move must be in preparation of huge tourism business coming this year for the opening for Transformers: The Rideó3D on June 20 and, more importantly, the 2014 opening of Wizarding World of Harry Potterís expansion into Universal Studios.
    Universal Orlando has updated all the prices on its admission tickets page.
    Which means, including tax, the price is a little over $100.
    What do you guys think?

Blog Entries

Re: Universal raise one day ticket price to $92.

This is simply proof that Universal is going to follow in the path of Disney and try to force guests into visiting them for multiple days rather than simply hopping over for one day and then heading back to Disney. 92 dollars per person for 1 day is simply out of most families budgets, however if you buy a multi-day ticket the prices become much more reasonable with a 2 day ticket averaging 63 dollars per day, a 3 day ticket averaging 47 dollars per ticket, and a 4 day ticket averaging 38 dollars per ticket for single park access each day.

I think this simply shows that they believe that they are ready to compete with Disney head to head to be the destination point for tourists rather than the overflow as they've been in the past.

wait, the parks in Orlando charge tax on their tickets?!

•   
    • Minion

No surprise really considering all the new offerings they will have in the next couple of years. I can't wait to see it all sometime next year. I will be there this year as well but I will make a special trip to see the new HP stuff

• DLR Cast Member

I'm told Universal Hollywood will be raising their prices soon (current price is $80). Sea World will be raising prices this summer as well (currently $78). The DL price of $87 seems pretty reasonable when you compare.

I always find it amusing that when all the theme parks do their annual price increases, Disney gets called greedy and anti-guest, while all the other theme parks get none of those same complaints. It's a case of the biggest target getting hit the most.

Quote Originally Posted by TSTLSOOM View Post
    wait, the parks in Orlando charge tax on their tickets?!
    Yes.

When all said and done, a one day, one park ticket to Universal Orlando is $100.13. Universal is the first park to break the $100 barrier.

Quote Originally Posted by RiversOfAmerica View Post
    I'm told Universal Hollywood will be raising their prices soon (current price is $80). Sea World will be raising prices this summer as well (currently $78). The DL price of $87 seems pretty reasonable when you compare.

I always find it amusing that when all the theme parks do their annual price increases, Disney gets called greedy and anti-guest, while all the other theme parks get none of those same complaints. It's a case of the biggest target getting hit the most.

And both of those parks you mentioned offer "buy a day, get a year free" deals. Disney does not.

Quote Originally Posted by RiversOfAmerica View Post

Up until recently, Disney always raised their prices first. They started the entire trend of annual price hikes.

Quote Originally Posted by kcnole View Post
    This is simply proof that Universal is going to follow in the path of Disney and try to force guests into visiting them for multiple days rather than simply hopping over for one day and then heading back to Disney. 92 dollars per person for 1 day is simply out of most families budgets, however if you buy a multi-day ticket the prices become much more reasonable with a 2 day ticket averaging 63 dollars per day, a 3 day ticket averaging 47 dollars per ticket, and a 4 day ticket averaging 38 dollars per ticket for single park access each day.

I think this simply shows that they believe that they are ready to compete with Disney head to head to be the destination point for tourists rather than the overflow as they've been in the past.
    That's a great point. I think your right, this does put Universal in a different category.