Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Simpsons Expansion Announced.

ENTER THE WORLD OF SPRINGFIELD LIKE NEVER BEFORE –
    ONLY AT UNIVERSAL ORLANDO RESORT!
    ORLANDO, Fla. (May 23, 2013) – Woo Hoo!Springfield, hometown to America’s favorite animated family, The Simpsons, comes to life at Universal Orlando Resort this summer.

The expansive, new area within Universal Studios will be anchored by the mega-attraction, The Simpsons Ride, and will allow guests to enter the world of The Simpsons like never before. It will be the only place in the world where guests can walk the streets of Springfield. It will include a brand-new outdoor attraction, places and foods pulled right from the show and two new Simpsons characters who will make their debut with the new area – Krusty the Clown and Sideshow Bob.

And yes – there will be Duff Beer, brewed exclusively for Universal Orlando.

For the first time ever – anywhere – fans will be able to walk down Fast Food Boulevard and visit the places that helped Springfield stake its claim as “Shelbyville by the Sea.”
    They will be able to grab a Krusty-certified meat sandwich at Krusty Burger, snatch the catch of the day at the Frying Dutchman, get a slice at Luigi’s Pizza, go nuts for donuts at Lard Lad, enjoy a “Taco Fresho” with Bumblebee Man and imbibe at Moe’s Tavern.

The new attraction – called Kang & Kodos’ Twirl ‘n’ Hurl – will take “foolish humans” on an intergalactic spin designed to send them into orbit.

“This will be a must-see experience for Simpsons fans all over the world,” said Mark Woodbury, President of Universal Creative. “For the first time ever, they’re going to be able to enter a world that they’ve only seen on television – and we’re really excited to bring that world to life.”“This new expansion will broaden and deepen the already incredible experience at Universal, by bringing to life the iconic landmarks of Springfield that fans have grown to love,” said Jeffrey Godsick, President, Fox Consumer Products.
    “Fans will literally be able to live and breathe Springfield as they visit the statue of Jebediah, enjoy a Krusty Burger, and have a seat at Moe’s Tavern, which are just a few of the great experiences awaiting at Universal.”
    "It has been an honor to bring the world of the Simpsons to life in such a letter-perfect way,” said Denise Sirkot, President, Worldwide Brand, Gracie Films. “Truly this is the Krustyest place on earth."F

or more information, visit www.universalorlando.com.

• Heavy Breather

Re: Simpsons Expansion Announced.

(Rubs hands together). Excellent...

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Very excited to see how this turns out. I saw part of the Cletus' Chicken Shack sign the other day when the wrap on the sign partly blew off. It's shaping up nicely.

Lee, my inner monologue switches to your voice whenever I read your posts.

• Shubisha

I love the Kodos/Kang topiary on the rooftop.. That's a very clever transition from Simpsons into Men In Black's area

• Minion

good job universal

when will this open?
    hmm. isn't Duff beer and Moe's the same thing tho?
    I just want a krusty burger!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DannyLand View Post
    good job universal

when will this open?
    hmm. isn't Duff beer and Moe's the same thing tho?
    I just want a krusty burger!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    You can buy Duff in Moe's but I'm guessing they will have other stuff, not counting on a Flaming Moe though.
    Check out this youtube video that focuses a bit more on each of the new elements.
    The Springfield Expansion at Universal Studios Florida - YouTube

This looks like so much fun! I wonder if there will be a phone in Moe's Tavern where you can hear Bart's prank calls.

•   
    • Minion

mmmmmmmm beeeeeerrrr

• Goofy

prank call would be great. good movie by universal. simpsons will always be popular forever. i dont see simpsons getting stale ever. some new simpsons ride would be great. may be one day they can do that here in hollywood too.

• i believe in faeries.

this looks soooo awesome! i'm a few years out from visiting orlando, but news like this makes me want to start saving now!

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Moe's Tavern? Duff Gardens?

Beer.

This expansion is approved of.

• former CM

Many episodes of the Simpsons have been seen by many people over many years, so Universal might be underestimating how popular this will be. This and the improved Spiderman 3D and the Wizarding World of Harry Potter will all make it difficult to skip Universal when visiting Disney World.

I want so see shorter a Nelson who can say, "Ha ha!" while pointing a finger at people, and I want to see Milhouse, and (as a face character) Comic Book Store Guy. Maybe Smithers can help get some of the Gay Days Disney World $$$$ to Universal. Patty and Selma could be interesting--nah, on second thought--no smoking characters. And how about Granmpa ("Pose with him grandpa!") Disco Stu, Sideshow Mel & Bob, Flanders, Rod and Todd? The desire to be among the first to post these on Facebook would generate a lot of free publicity (OPM!) for Universal Orlando.

Here's another link to a good Miceage article about this: http://micechat.com/30403-universal-...do-parkhopper/
    Last edited by jcruise86; 05-29-2013 at 04:09 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast