Question Honeymoon Questions

Hiya! My fiance and I are spending our honeymoon next year at WDW. Since I'm such a Potter nerd, my future husband is insisting that we spend one day at the Wizarding World of Harry Potter.

We are so close to Universal Studios Hollywood that we get APs (when we're not at Disneyland). I understand some of the rides overlap. My fiance thinks we should just go to Islands of Adventure, and I'm on the fence about going to both parks in one day.

For those of you who understand both parks in Florida, do you think my fiance and I should spend extra money and go to both Universal Studios Florida and Islands of Adventure? Or should we just stick to Islands of Adventure?

Thanks for you help!!!!
    "Disneyland will never be completed. It will continue to grow as long as there is imagination left in the world." -Walt Disney

• Singing Drinker

Re: Honeymoon Questions

There are many differences. The FL Mummy ride is different (and probably better) than the CA version. FL's main park has rides that aren't in CA - MIB for one.

If it's a choice between USF or some other FL attraction you may never get a chance to see again, I'd say go with the other attractions as there's always the chance that USH will add what FL has eventually. If it's just a matter of "Eh, it's an extra day, who cares", DEFINITELY do both parks.
    Credibility is to be sought for. Credulity is not. Sadly the latter is our normal human state.

Quote Originally Posted by BogLurch View Post
    There are many differences. The FL Mummy ride is different (and probably better) than the CA version. FL's main park has rides that aren't in CA - MIB for one.

If it's a choice between USF or some other FL attraction you may never get a chance to see again, I'd say go with the other attractions as there's always the chance that USH will add what FL has eventually. If it's just a matter of "Eh, it's an extra day, who cares", DEFINITELY do both parks.
    Thanks!!! We would like to do Universal in one day if possible. Thanks so much for the info!!!!
    "Disneyland will never be completed. It will continue to grow as long as there is imagination left in the world." -Walt Disney

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

These parks deserve to be taken slowly. I really feel sad for people when they rush through them in a day. There is so much to be taken in an enjoyed with some really great shows too!

The Universal resort is very intimate feeling, and doesn't have that urba sprawl feeling that WDW has.

Also if you plan on some nights, you can enjoy the clubs at CityWalk where you two could dance a The Groove, or Red Coconut. You could listen to dueling Pianos at Pat O'Brians, you could experience Karaoke on Steroids as you sing on a stage, with a band and backup signers at Rising Star, or just relax in an open air courtyard and listen to live music at Bob Marley's.

As far as "overlap" goes. I would say... there is no over lap... except maybe the Simpson's ride. Everything else is so different that it MUST be experienced.

Just come and enjoy the parks. Don't run through them. See the shows, and enjoy the atmosphere.
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

• Seasick

Universal Studios Orlando has a lot that is unique. Men in Black, the new Simpsons restaurants, Hollywood Rip Ride Rocket, and more. They still have E.T. as well which can offer some great nostalgia for a West coast regular.

I would recommend doing both parks if you can, and like Walt Disney World, the more days you go the less you pay per day.

You didn't say when you are going next year. If you're going in the fall, Harry Potter Phase 2 should be open and then there's no question you'd want to hit both parks.
    My Micechat cruise trip report, Part 1:http://micechat.com/14795-disney-wonder/

Thanks for the information!!!!

We're going to the parks end of April/beginning of May. I'm so sad that I'm missing phase two of the Wizarding World of Harry Potter, but that gives me a good excuse to come back in a few years.

You could do both parks in one day with a Express Pass and some sturdy walking legs, but I wouldn't really recommend it unless you just want to head to the rides and leave.

If you are a Potter fan, you can easily spend some time just checking out all the window displays and shops in the Wizarding World. One trip through the Forbidden Journey queue was not enough for me and I'm not a huge Harry Potter fan. I ended up on that ride 3 times over my 2 day trip.

The studio park is great and I'd recommend it even if you have done the Hollywood park. It has a very different feel than USH, plus I miss the E.T. ride It could be a half-day park if you have some extra time during your trip. Otherwise I'd recommend waiting for HP 2 and experience the entire park then.