Starbucks at Universal Orlando

Hi everyone,
    as I'm sure you've seen from KingEric's updates, Starbucks are taking over the Endangered Species store on Citywalk as well as the Arctic Express in Islands of Adventure.

What are your opinions on starbucks taking over unique places at Universal Orlando?

Re: Starbucks at Universal Orlando

How many Starbucks do we need?

• Roller coaster enthusiast

I agree. I wouldn't mind seeing Starbucks in CW or even in USF, but IOA is out of the Question for me. It doesn't go well with the theming of the PoE.
    Current coaster count: 155
    100th coaster: Phantom's Revenge at Kennywood
    150th coaster: Intimidator at Carowinds
    last new park addition: Fun Spot America

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

I'm all for anything that is going to improve the abysmal food offerings at Universal Orlando Resort.

Quote Originally Posted by Malin View Post
    I'm all for anything that is going to improve the abysmal food offerings at Universal Orlando Resort.
    If you think (another) Starbucks will improve the "abysmal" food offerings, I have to question your taste in food.
    Last edited by JtnOrl; 11-08-2013 at 04:12 AM.

• Banned User

How many Starbucks do we have in the World? This number alone proves how popular the coffee and standards are at Starbucks. Can you name somewhere on site at Universal serving better coffee and bakery goods right now? I know it's not much of a challenge to improve what's already at Universal. But it is what it is and it has proven very popular at others Parks like Disney.

Quote Originally Posted by Malin View Post
    How many Starbucks do we have in the World? This number alone proves how popular the coffee and standards are at Starbucks. Can you name somewhere on site at Universal serving better coffee and bakery goods right now? I know it's not much of a challenge to improve what's already at Universal. But it is what it is and it has proven very popular at others Parks like Disney.
    Just because something is popular, doesn't make it good. Nonetheless, I don't think you realize this would be the third and fourth Starbucks on property. Kind of invalidates what you said about Universal's food offerings, regardless of whether or not either of us likes Starbucks.

• Banned User

If people didn't find it good it wouldn't be popular. It's that simple. And yes I am aware this is not the first Starbucks on property. It's actually one of two. First one is in the Universal Studios Park and another in City Walk. Believe it or not I do visit this Resort. But since we are talking about the new locations see above topic. Adding more Starbucks especially to IOA and a more visual one at City Walk will improve the abysmal offerings we have in place now. The fact I asked you to name me a better place on site right now serving coffee and pastries and you pointed to the existing Starbucks locations has just proved my point. Cheers for that one
    Last edited by Malin; 11-09-2013 at 09:59 AM.

I focused on Starbucks because you like it. I don't drink coffee at the parks. My point was that this isn't improving anything, as it's already there. I also don't understand how you can dislike the food offerings so much when they already have this thing you seem to like so much. While they don't have as many upscale options, I personally find Universal's quick service to be better than Disney's.

• Banned User

If Universal already has Starbucks and is adding more of them that can be considered improving the abysmal offerings because it's taking something crap away and replacing it with more good. And that is the case at Islands of Adventure. Please stop trying to over think it!

Just interested what you find food wise good at Universal Studios? Because I was underwhelmed by my recent experiences. Mythos is way overrated and the menu has been dumbed down massively compared to the past. Much better options in City Walk. Three Broomsticks served up horrible cold and bland English food. And I'm British so I know what I'm talking about here. For the record Rose and Crown at Epcot does much better Fish and Chips. And the batter mix is brought over from the UK to give you that authentic taste. Butter Beer is alright but the Flamin Moe is just orange soda and dried ice. But I do like the rest of the food options at Fast Food Blvd. For the record some areas of WDW also serve horrible food. So I'm not just complaining about Universal here. Although if you know which restaurants these are you can easily avoid them. But Mythos and Three Broomsticks are meant to be two of the best at Universal. If these are the best I dread to think how bad the worst places are at the Resort. Perhaps I should just stick to Tchoup Chop and Emeril's on my next visit.

I haven't eaten at Mythos recently, so I don't know what they've done to the menu, but I always really enjoyed it before. I think Three Broomsticks is fine, along with Thunder Falls and Confisco. I wish they had kept Enchanted Oak, but oh well.

Over in the Studios, Lombard's was still much better than anything else in the park the last time I ate there, but Springfield has added a lot of good, quick options. Finnegan's is decent, as well as the new menu at La Bamba (when it's open.) If you want pastries, the Boulangerie has them. The Leaky Couldron will be online next year, but obviously I can't speak to the quality of it.

Truthfully, I usually eat in CityWalk, as I think it has plenty of good options, although several of those restaurants are currently being replaced. Then there are the resort restaurants, which are the best on property.

• Roller coaster enthusiast

I personally think Lombards, Finnegans, and Mythos has pretty decent food for in park table service food. Cafe LaBamba's new menu is pretty decent as well. I preffer to eat in park unless I'm park hopping on that day. I've only had dinner twice at the Kitchen at the Hard Rock Hotel and that was really good. I'm looking forward to trying the other resort restaurants in the future.
    Current coaster count: 155
    100th coaster: Phantom's Revenge at Kennywood
    150th coaster: Intimidator at Carowinds
    last new park addition: Fun Spot America