• Singing Drinker

Re: Jurassic Park Midway Games!?

I've always been a fan of midway games - I grew up on the Long Beach CA Pike - and as long as they're themed and staffed by someone who cares think they're a benefit as well as highly profitable for the parks.

I'm hoping the same level of detail comes out to CA with Super Silly Fun Land
    Credibility is to be sought for. Credulity is not. Sadly the latter is our normal human state.

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

Simpsons and Jurassic Park are not the first areas of either park to get the games. I'm not against them completely but enough is enough already. Universal has turned the Jurassic Park area into another Chester and Hesters Dino-Rama. The prizes also look cheap and tacky and its not a good route to go in if you ask me. Would Universal add the games to Harry Potter or Diagon Alley. No because I doubt JK Rowling would allow it. She has creative control after all. So if its not good enough to go into Harry Potter then really the policy should reflect the entire park.

Quote Originally Posted by Malin View Post
    Simpsons and Jurassic Park are not the first areas of either park to get the games. I'm not against them completely but enough is enough already.
    Yes, but both of the mentioned game installations were done to replace a previous one. Simpsons received games because of Amity's closure, and the JP games were built to replace Lost Continent's, as they're turning that area into an expanded WWoHP entry plaza. I don't like them either, but they obviously rake in money, otherwise they wouldn't bother keeping them around.

Universal has turned the Jurassic Park area into another Chester and Hesters Dino-Rama.
    I wouldn't go that far.

• Banned User

Out of interest why wouldn't the games be added to one of the Potter areas. Oh yeah I doubt JK Rowling who has creative control would allow them to put such a tacky object inside a area like Harry Potter. It's obvious the games make money but at a cost to the overall Guest enjoyment. And yeah I would go that far to describe it as another Chester and Hester's. Only difference is that Dino-Rama is meant to be themed to the tacky roadside attraction. Jurassic Park is not meant to resemble such a description. Yet it does thanks to pure greed.

• Heavy Breather

The whole idea around Jurassic Park is that it is an amusement/theme park. I wouldn't be surprised to see any well themed midway games scattered around the park grounds somewhere.
    Besides that Egg Scanner game looks so cool!!

• Banned User

Jurassic Park I would assume going by the movie that the land is based on and not the book. Is a one of a kind high end Boutique Park experience like say for example Discovery Cove. I have never seen any Games in Discovery Cove or did I in the movie the land is based on... The gift shop and restaurant were both featured but no Midway Games. As should be for an experience like Jurassic Park. It's not meant to be your average amusement park. Perhaps we can further expand this fantasy by adding to the backstory that after the initial failure of the first movie. NBC Universal stepped in and purchased the Island and decided to re open the park using Animatronic Dinosaurs. In further measures to dumb down the Guest experience NBC Universal decided to add new Midway Games. Fans praised the decision.