• Certified in everything

Hogwarts Express Wait Times

I'm taking a trip to the park in two weeks and have been trying to get a good gauge on what the wait times are looking like for the Hogwarts Express. Having a hard time believing that they are all actually under 30 minutes as I have seen online/via apps etc. Is this true? Can anyone vouch for what the wait times have looked like?
    Disneyland Wooooh!

"You see- Everybody's got a laughin' place, trouble is most folks won't take the time to go look for it."

Re: Hogwarts Express Wait Times

Each time I've walked past Kings Cross Station in USF, it's never more than a 45 minute wait; the Hogsmeade station in IOA is usually a bit shorter from what i've noticed.
    "To die would be an awfully big adventure" - Peter Pan

It was nearly a walk-on when I was there. Large capacity ride (with a curiously large queue.)

Never been on, nor experienced it, but I would imagine due to the fact that it is a train (therefore large capacity ride), seen the queue area is huge from what I seen in photos, and how it basically goes back and forth that the wait time would not be that bad.

I heard the train ride is about a couple of minutes and I know when I would wait for Dueling Dragons (back in the day) it felt about that long for a wait. So the fact that they can fit hundreds of people on (possibly, I mean at least a hundred I would imagine), where as on a rollercoaster maybe twenty, it makes a big difference in wait times.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Yes, the waits really are that low. Both attractions have quite the capacity, the other one is just having trouble getting there.

We just went around two weeks ago.

The wait times for the Hogwarts Express, were generally quite reasonable. But you do have to have the Universal equivalent of a "park hopper" to ride it, since it takes you into the other Universal Park.

The wait times were generally quite short. There is a long walk to get to it, and it was clear it was designed for greater capacity that was present. Our longest part of the wait was right at the end ~10min, when you are queued up to actually get on the train as it comes and goes.

There was a fairly short gap between the train leaving and returning, so I'm assuming there were at least two running at the same time. (It backs into King's Cross, when it arrives)

It was done pretty well. The steam effects on the train are nice... but it's fairly obvious that it's not a real steam train. And the train engine and cars are very very clean compared to the look of the films. (cars are pulled by cables underneath). The carriages are fairly true to the movies.

You are placed in a carriage 4 people on each of two rows. Facing each other. (same as in the movie). There is a "window" to the outside, and the doors to the hallway are closed and latched.

The experience on the ride involves sound, and events that happen out the window, and "in" the walkway outside your carriage door.

I won't go into more detail, to avoid spoilers.

I do have some photos and video.. but I'm not sure if I can post that stuff, and it would be severe spoilers for the ride.

• Certified in everything

Here is a question for those who have been… since the way times have been much much shorter than anticipated, does most of the queue sit empty and unused? I know the London side especially has a huge extended queue, but if wait times are this short it would appear that it may never be used?
    Disneyland Wooooh!

"You see- Everybody's got a laughin' place, trouble is most folks won't take the time to go look for it."

I've yet to actually wait for Hogwarts express, I have been on a few times and once was on the Grand Opening day. I was baffled by the large queue.

• former CM

Question 2 more questions:

I know it's not the London Tube, but I'd sure love to hear a "Mind the gap." while I was waiting for a train, or maybe outside emanating (barely audibly) from the King's Cross station, which also has a subway station.

Very glad to hear the queues aren't horrendous so soon after its opening. How about for Gringott's?

Also, I'm guessing that the deluxe hotels' front-of-the-line pass (whatever it's called) only gets guests either one Gringotts OR one Hogwarts rides per day. Is this correct?
    Last edited by jcruise86; 08-11-2014 at 03:08 PM.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Re: 2 more questions:

Quote Originally Posted by jcruise86 View Post
    Also, I'm guessing that the deluxe hotels' front-of-the-line pass (whatever it's called) only gets guests either one Gringotts OR one Hogwarts rides per day. Is this correct?
    Express Pass Plus is not available for any of the Harry Potter attractions. On-site guests only have access to early entry.

Quote Originally Posted by cruise View Post
    I know the London side especially has a huge extended queue, but if wait times are this short it would appear that it may never be used?
    The grand opening date for Diagon Alley was announced with short notice, so there wasn't much time for people to book trips. We shall see how bad it gets once Christmas rolls around.

• Former Churro Jockey

I just got back and the wait time was never more then 10 minutes. The queue is really large so obviously they are expecting big crowds at some point. I can't imagine if the queue were completely full how long the wait would be, but I would't want to do it.

(BTW, they're clearly running more than one train, so it's only a 2 - 3 minute wait from when the train leaves the station until the next one pulls in)
    Disneyland Cast Member
    Outdoor Vending
    1996 - 1999

My interview with MiceAge about working at Disneyland:
    http://micechat.com/blogs/mouth-of-t...ding-crew.html