Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Diamond In The Rough

Re: Universal Orlando Resort visit.

Jurassic Park and Suess at IOA are 2 of my favorite themed "lands" in any park, regardless of attractions.
    The "Bugle offices" section of the Spiderman queue is very odd and cheap looking. Even if it was painted different colours it would look better, but what's the thinking behind everything being grey?

As for rides, MIB is fantastic (a big part of it's appeal to me is the queueing area, so heavily themed and inventive it would work as a stand-alone walk thru), Jaws is a must and Hulk is my favorite coaster anywhere - great launch.

In an upcoming 2 week WDW trip, we are taking at least 2 days out to visit USO and IOA (and one each for Busch & Seaworld).

"I'm gettin' kind of fond of you, kid.
    Not that I want to pick out curtains or anything."

I have been to Universal Orlando two times. Christmas 2003 during Grinchmas and Macys', and recently this past August. Overall I found the parks to be very beatiful but lacking in some areas as well. City Walk is very well layed out with the hotels and parks. You don't need to take buses, if you stay on property. lol.

Recently I stayed at the Hard Rock Hotel and it was a great experience. It took me less than two minutes to get to the gate of Universal Studios. Plus the hotel was dog friendly. I wish that I knew that sooner, so I could have bought my dog along. lol.

Overall, it is a good resort. Definetly check Spider-Man, Dueling Dragons, and MIB.

P.S.

Does anyone want to see a trip report from last August? lol
    Last edited by Monkey joe; 03-28-2007 at 03:32 PM.

I also went to Universal in 2003 and I enjoyed it I will definately take the kids to Suess Island once I hit every Disney park more than once to justify to myself the bit I paid for the Disney FL Seasonals.

Okay I decide that I am going do a trip report. What is a good way to put the photos on here? Photobucket? This topic has motivated to do one. If you are lucky, you might get to see Monkey Joe with Spidey and Rogue. lol

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey joe View Post
    Okay I decide that I am going do a trip report. What is a good way to put the photos on here? Photobucket? This topic has motivated to do one. If you are lucky, you might get to see Monkey Joe with Spidey and Rogue. lol
    I would not mind seeing more of Monkey Joe... so photobucket would be a preffered and easy way to load up photos onto your posts.

I just recently went to Universal Florida for the first time and absolutely loved it. The theming at the "port of entry" at Islands of Adventure alone is the single best non-Disney theming I've ever seen.
    Spiderman was amazing; it makes me mad Eisner proportedly turned the technology down because he was too much of a tightwad to fund it; Dueling Dragons had a queue that easily beats most Disney rides; the Jurassic Park river ride has the most intense boat drop I've ever experienced; the Cat in the Hat is the only non-Disney dark ride that can even start to compete with the mouse; and I actually really enjoyed the Return of the Mummy--I may get kicked off the site just for suggesting it, but I felt it put Space Mountain to shame.
    Forget 'Great Moments With Mr. Lincoln,' Samantha Brown is Disney's most sophisticated animatronic.
    Tokyo Disneyland: 2009, 2012
    Disneyland Paris: 2010
    Hong Kong Disneyland: 2012
    Universal Orlando: 2007, 2010 (twice!)
    Efteling:2011
    Lotte World: 2012

Blog Entries

Personally, aside from the manican cops, I like ET much better than the Cat in the Hat as a dark ride goes.

Quote Originally Posted by kcnole View Post
    Personally, aside from the manican cops, I like ET much better than the Cat in the Hat as a dark ride goes.
    I thought that ET was alright but enjoyed Cat in The Hat more for some reason. ET's Planet kind of freak me out. lol.

Quote Originally Posted by kcnole View Post
    ET's planet was a little weird for me, but as a dark ride goes, it was done pretty well. I really like the detail in the queue, for instance, with ET's speak and spell sattelite thing, the astronauts, the fog, whatever that preistly looking alien's name was, and the occasional red light running through the surrounding forest accompanied by rustling foliage and ET's scream--very well done.
    Forget 'Great Moments With Mr. Lincoln,' Samantha Brown is Disney's most sophisticated animatronic.
    Tokyo Disneyland: 2009, 2012
    Disneyland Paris: 2010
    Hong Kong Disneyland: 2012
    Universal Orlando: 2007, 2010 (twice!)
    Efteling:2011
    Lotte World: 2012

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12