• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

Universal Studios Japan - Happy Halloween 2009

Universal Studios Japan begins its Happy Halloween 2009 Event today. The event will continue until November the 3rd. Like Tokyo Disneyland the park has its own Halloween Parade which features characters like Elmo, Snoopy and Hello Kitty. Video has already been posted up on YouTube from an early preview which can be viewed below by clicking on the link.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ws-MvLhwjU&translated=1]YouTube - USJ??????????????[/ame]

• A Pirate's life for me!

Re: Universal Studios Japan - Happy Halloween 2009

Thanks for sharing!

USH is awesome!

Someday, maybe I'll get to do the Japan one...

• Banned User

I think it's sad that even the Magic Kingdom at WDW can not put up a happy go lucky Halloween parade with the quality of the parades now being done at USJ. "Boo to you" is stale and has horrible music. Yet this Happy Halloween parade and music would be perfect for the MK's Not so Scary Halloween Rip off party. Add this to the awesome nightime Starlight Parade... and even USJ has a more amazing night time parade than the old albatros SpectroTragic over at the MK. I feel so sad for the poor tourists who spend all that money at WDW... must be the free Dining Plan.. because, what other incentive could there be???

• Yo!

Anywho, back to Japan....

USJ keeps pumping out some great quality entertainment. While the float designs aren't nearly as impressive as TDL, the costuming, music, and everything else is definitely on par with Disney standards. It's nice to see a non-Disney resort for once putting out great stuff like this. Makes me all giddy inside.
    "Keep Moving Forward."

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    I think it's sad that even the Magic Kingdom at WDW can not put up a happy go lucky Halloween parade with the quality of the parades now being done at USJ. "Boo to you" is stale and has horrible music. Yet this Happy Halloween parade and music would be perfect for the MK's Not so Scary Halloween Rip off party. Add this to the awesome nightime Starlight Parade... and even USJ has a more amazing night time parade than the old albatros SpectroTragic over at the MK. I feel so sad for the poor tourists who spend all that money at WDW... must be the free Dining Plan.. because, what other incentive could there be???
    I dunno, this parade is O.K. but doesn't MK have more characters and better floats for it's Holloween parade? I mean they have cardboard cutout floats with 2 or 3 characters standing on these giant pedastals of floats. It's a little sad, if you ask me. And the music of Boo to You (which is really just an opinion) I think is very much in the vein of Monster Mash, Casper, and other holloween favorites. This music is a little too bubblegum pop for me, and not too catchy. I like what they did there with the Sessame Street music, though.

And I do agree on that Spectromagic thing, but it's quickly becoming a classic like the EP. Well... nothing can ever become as classic as THAT, but pretty close.
    Do do do do do do dodododododo!

-My Electrical Parade Impersonation