Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

•   
    • TDS and TDL FUN times

Universal Japan to open new show in 2011 new land in 2012

Universal Studios Japan plans new show for 2011, new land for 2012 | Theme Park Tourist

Universal Studios Japan has revealed that it will open a brand new land in 2012, with a new show debuting in 2011 as part of the park's 10th anniversary celebrations.
    The new land has yet to be named, but Universal Studios Japan has confirmed that it will replace the existing Land of Oz area. The park will announce details of the replacement land at a later date, with an opening date due in "early 2011". All of the attractions in Land of Oz will close by February 15, 2011, with the WiCKED show due to close slightly earlier, on January 11, 2011.
    To kick off the anniversary festivities, the new Dreams are Universal show will run from March 3, 2011 through January 9, 2012. Universal Studios Japan claims the outdoor show will be the largest in the park's history, featuring a total of 90 entertainers. The show is said to tell a "heartwarming story of family dreams".
    The 10th anniversary events are due to run from March 3, 2011 through April 8, 2012, with a series of smaller events being laid on during that period. The iconic Universal Globe, which sits at the entrance to Universal Studios Japan, will be adorned with special decorations to mark the celebrations.
    Located in Osaka, Universal Studios Japan first opened on March 31, 2001. The park is billing its anniversary events as the "The Biggest and Greatest Happy Surprises in Park History”.
    Could this Be Potterland in 2012???
    Last edited by lighttragic; 12-13-2010 at 11:40 AM.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Re: Universal Japan to open new show in 2011 new land in 2012

Could this Be Potterland in 2012???
    As far as I have heard it is, and it got approved this past summer.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Word on the street is that it is going to get some of the WWoHP phase 2 attractions, so that development costs are shared... again that is the word on the street.

•   
    • TDS and TDL FUN times

Quote Originally Posted by KingEric View Post
    Word on the street is that it is going to get some of the WWoHP phase 2 attractions, so that development costs are shared... again that is the word on the street.
    I have heard that also but the orlando portion wouldnt open untill 2013-14.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Quote Originally Posted by lighttragic View Post
    I have heard that also but the orlando portion wouldnt open untill 2013-14.
    Sounds like we have the same info.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

I created a google map for people to see the what is being replaced. Universal Studios Japan Oz land

I have included an image that outlines the Oz area that is going to be redeveloped

• Banned User

I would think it's fair that USJ get HP for those who can't fly out of the country to see it, but I hope USH doesn't get it. We don't need it! We need something else that wouldn't devastate half the park haha.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Quote Originally Posted by Freakazoid112 View Post
    I would think it's fair that USJ get HP for those who can't fly out of the country to see it, but I hope USH doesn't get it. We don't need it! We need something else that wouldn't devastate half the park haha.
    100% agree.

•   
    • TDS and TDL FUN times

Quote Originally Posted by KingEric View Post
    I created a google map for people to see the what is being replaced. Universal Studios Japan Oz land

I have included an image that outlines the Oz area that is going to be redeveloped

By itself Oz isnt big enough to fit WWHP but if you push back towards the parking area, it has plenty of space.. It definitely makes the most sense to go where Oz is.. When I visited the area of oz it seemed not busy at all other than wicked , it seemed like a land with alot of promise but not much to do... Harry potter would be the boost that area of the park needs and in general something to help get USJ on track

Well this is a surprise! Certainly will give DisneySEA a run for its money if the rumors are indeed true.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

[IMG][/IMG]

Ok so one image is a close up of the physical area of the Wizarding World of HP, the other is zoomed out. Gives you a sense of scale. Basically Oz is the same size as the current Lost Continent aka WWoHP expansion.

• Banned User

^ I think HP could easily fit in Oz. Just take away Dueling Dragons or even the Hippogriff and there you would have it.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

How popular is Harry Potter in Japan though?

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

While I have no solid info to back it up, if there is one place in the world where I'd be hard pressed to doubt any character's popularity it would be Japan.

But what a good deal for IOA if any of this is true. Much like Disney and their OLC relationship, pawn the development costs with a 3rd-party owner and make the funds easier to justify for your own park.

Surprised Japan wants Harry Potter? No. I am just surprised that Oz is being rethemed already.

was shocked to see oz closing down so fast. i tot it just opened a few years back. I don't think it will HP as the land is super tiny. Went there once and it was just a small circle, not much space. thus if they really want to create HP, then they may need to extent outwards.

Furthermore, they are going to open in 2012, and I think it will be before the 10th anniversary celebrations end. If they really want to create HP, I don't think it can be done within 12 months or so, since oz will only close in feb next year.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast