Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Banned User

TDLFAN does Universal Japan Xmas 07

I was able to attend Universal Studios in Japan this month and due to limited time, I have been unable to bring you a trip report, but I have deciced to post a few shots from USJ's fabulous Xmas line up. This park features a new show "Santa's Toy Party" and the most spectacular xmas tree of any theme park IMHO.. So enjoy the few photos as a xmas present from me!

http://albums.photo.epson.com/
    j/AlbumIndex?u=4334673&a=32623672&f=

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

Re: TDLFAN does Universal Japan Xmas 07

Thanks for sharing the pics TDLFAN. Looks like a fun and exciting show which easily rivals much of what we've seen from the other major parks this year. Christmas tree also looks spectacular but I guess to fully apreciate it you have to see it all in person.

Shame the 2 Universal Studios or Islands of Adventure parks in the states couldn't come up with something like this.

By the way to compliment TDLFAN's small collection of pics I've found some You Tube video of the show Santa Toy Party 2007

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=http:...?v=SbSuO8MOTEg

• Banned User

Thank you Malin for posting that link to bits of the Toy Party show. Now get a load of Universal Japan's magnificent tree on these few youtube clips...

http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...&search=Search

Quote Originally Posted by Malin View Post
    Shame the 2 Universal Studios or Islands of Adventure parks in the states couldn't come up with something like this.
    UO already has plenty of Holiday festivities with the Macy's Holiday Parade and Grinchmas, which includes a new stage production of How the Grinch Stole Christmas.

• Banned User

And how much of that is on the same scale and production as Santa's Toy Party?

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Thanks man! That rocks! woot woot! You got some great shots!
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

• Banned User

Not anywhere near. I went to Universal Orlando a few days ago (read my "Disaster Studios" report) and while the Macy*s Parade is cute... it's nowhere near the same quality of USJ's Xmas show. I personally am not fond of redneck pickup trucks hauling floats behind them, and that's what the Macy*s parade is all about, with some few balloons thrown in for good measure. The Grinch's show at IOA is also a small affair in comparison to what USJ does. Even the extent of the decor falls short in Orlando over what they do in Osaka.

I'm not really concerned with the scale of USJ's show, as it doesn't look like my cup of tea. I'd rather have a parade and a charming Grinch show. Your mileage may vary.

• Banned User

In other words you jumped in without really thinking the original question through. And now that you realise the Macy Parade and the Grinch Show fail in comparrison to what is offered in Japan, your now trying to down play it all. 1 to me

Uhhm... No. I simply told you the other Universal parks didn't need another Christmas show. Their slate is full. There was no "original question" and whether or not you think something "fails" in comparison to something else (have you even SEEN everything in question?) is utterly your own opinion. Or maybe it's TDLFAN's and you just live vicariously through him. Either way, you should be able to accept my opinion without being a smartass... Well, trying to be a smartass. Maybe next time, eh?
    Last edited by JtnOrl; 12-30-2007 at 05:49 AM.

• Banned User

Incorrect I had asked why couldn't the 2 Universal parks come up with something like the Santa Toy Party. You came back with the Macy Parade and Grinch show, which are both weaker in comparrison. When I challenged you over this you claim it didn't matter and that you didn't care, and you were much happier having the cheaper offerings that Universal Resort Orlando put on each year.

I've got no problem acepting your opinion if its valid and doesn't contradict some of your earlier postings on this thread. From checking out your response on this and the other Universal thread you clearly have an issue with people giving an honest but critical view on Universal Studios Orlando.

Incorrect I had asked why couldn't the 2 Universal parks come up with something like the Santa Toy Party.
    If this:

... which is what I originally quoted, looks like a question to you, then you really ought to go back to school. I don't know what else to tell you.

You came back with the Macy Parade and Grinch show, which are both weaker in comparrison.
    What didn't you like about them? You HAVE seen them, right?

When I challenged you over this you claim it didn't matter and that you didn't care, and you were much happier having the cheaper offerings that Universal Resort Orlando put on each year.
    You'll have to excuse me for having my own views. I forgot we all lived in a world where only yours matter. Again, my sincerest apologies.

I've got no problem acepting your opinion if its valid and doesn't contradict some of your earlier postings on this thread.
    I've contradicted nothing. Feel free to point out any you can find. And don't skirt the issue by making generic accusations, I want specifics.

From checking out your response on this and the other Universal thread you clearly have an issue with people giving an honest but critical view on Universal Studios Orlando.
    If you're referring to TDLFAN's Disaster review, which is the other Universal thread I posted in recently, I agreed with him on one of his points and gave a criticism of my own. See, I'm able to do this because I've actually seen what he's talking about. Please direct your false accusations to someone who cares.
    Last edited by JtnOrl; 12-30-2007 at 10:38 AM.

• Banned User

As you replied to the original post with an answer clearly you must of considered it a question.

Now we can go backwards and forwards arguing all day, but its childish and its kind of missing the point I was trying to make here. And that is all the Universal Studio parks in the States are not as well run like it is in Japan. And this years Christmas line up just proves my point. Now feel free to add some adult coments here and not just more remarks that are aimed at trying to get one over on me.

And clearly any accusations I make true or false, you do care about. Or you wouldn't bother replying to any of my post!

Have you ever been to Japan JtnOrl?

As you replied to the original post with an answer clearly you must of considered it a question.
    Because it's impossible to reply to a statement with another statement, right?

Now we can go backwards and forwards arguing all day, but its childish and its kind of missing the point I was trying to make here. And that is all the Universal Studio parks in the States are not as well run like it is in Japan. And this years Christmas line up just proves my point.
    I might actually take your "opinion" seriously if you cared to explain it's basis. But once again, you've ignored my request to clarify what you dislike about UO's Christmas line-up. I think we both know why. Regardless, you've failed to make any point.

And clearly any accusations I make true or false, you do care about. Or you wouldn't bother replying to any of my post!
    I knew the moment you first replied to me that you were the kind who purposely goes around trying to get a rise out of people. Call me a sucker, I guess.

Have you ever been to Japan JtnOrl?
    That's irrelevant. I don't need to visit Japan to know about it's parks. The Internet is a wonderful little tool. You should take advantage of it.

• Banned User

But it didn't come across as a statement!

What I dislike about Universal's Christmas offerings is that the quality and scale don't match up to that of its sister park Universal Studios in Japan. Yet your still required to pay just as much for a ticket in the States that you are in Japan. If your happy to pay top buck for a product that could be done better than you obviously are easy to please.

Excuse me but you actually not the first to reply, maybe its me who's the sucker hey.

This is your problem and this is why I'm ending this discussion with you. You think by staying home and looking things up online you know it all. Let me tell you right now I have visited the Universal parks in the States more times than I care to remember, I've seen how the company manage and run there parks through my own eyes. On the other hand I have also visited Japan and seen how the Japanese operate its own theme parks. As you are clearly biased towards Universal, I feel you are a loss cause!

Also as you seem to like to have the last word this conversation can't continue, so lets just agree that your right because you use the internet.
    Last edited by Malin; 12-30-2007 at 04:40 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast