Blog Entries

Universal Studios Singapore Announces Exclusive Dreamworks Animation Attractions

Universal Studios Singapore Announces World's Exclusive Attractions Inspired by Dreamworks Animation

Just in case you've forgotten about it, a brand new Universal Studios theme park will open in Singapore early 2010. The park will of course include Universal favorites like Jurassic Park, Spider-Man, The Mummy and the Waterworld show, but also unique attractions which exist at no other Universal Studios park in the world!

Universal Studios Singapore announced last Thursday the world’s only “Madagascar” attraction, and that the park will also bring to life the world’s first “Far Far Away” Castle from the world of Shrek. Themed after DreamWorks Animation’s blockbuster movie Madagascar, "Madagascar: A Crate Adventure" will be a mega-attraction when the park opens next year. The film will be brought to life with a state-of-the-art indoor boat ride featuring animated figures, digital projection, evocative sound, and special effects that create a one-of-a-kind, funny and fun family ride.

Southeast Asia’s first and only Universal Studios theme park will also be home to the world’s first Far Far Away Castle, a landmark in the box-office hit series Shrek. King Harold’s 40-meter high castle will house attractions such as Shrek 4-D, Donkey Live and Magic Potion Spin. On the high-res bird's eye view artwork below, Madagascar: A Crate Adventure is located on the left and Far Far Away Castle on the right.

Madagascar: A Crate Adventure and Far Far Away Castle are part of the world’s single largest collection of DreamWorks Animation theme park attractions, making its debut at
    Universal Studios Singapore. The collection of six attractions, complemented by more than 10 DreamWorks Animation themed dining and shopping outlets, will also feature rides suitable for the entire family. Let's have a closer look to these new rides all inspired by DreamWorks Animation movies.

Jump to the full Disney and more article to discover more artwork and details about these new exclusive attractions!

Disney and more: Universal Studios Singapore Announces World's Exclusive Attractions Inspired by Dreamworks Animation

• Seasick

Re: Universal Studios Singapore Announces Exclusive Dreamworks Animation Attractions

Sounds really good, but I'm surprised a new Universal park would include the Waterworld attraction. It's a good show, but the movie is so dated. Guess they're still trying to turn a profit on it...
    My Micechat cruise trip report, Part 1:http://micechat.com/14795-disney-wonder/

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Re: Universal Studios Singapore Announces Exclusive Dreamworks Animation Attractions

The Madagascar ride sounds awesome. I STILL need to see the 2nd movie. Loved the first one. I saw the walkarounds of Alex the lion & a couple penguins at Universal Orlando last month. I wanted to get in line for a photo op, but the line was already long and I really wanted to hit the Simpsons ride. Never got back to that area of the park to try again.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Sounds nice - a lot less expensive than Harry Potter's Hogwarts.

Isn't DreamWorks Animation also licensing attractions to Dubailand?