Pictures: US Singapore

I'm not a huge Universal Studio fan (only 1 visit before) so I may be wrong here. But these pictures actually reminds me of Disneyland/DisneySEA. Some videos found in YouTube tells a similar story. What do you think?

Sentosa Theme Park: Photos from Resorts World at Sentosa's Photos of Universal Studios Singapore (soft opening early 2010)- Photo update Jan 14

• Banned User

Re: Pictures: US Singapore

Certainly not DisneySea/Disneyland quality. The transitions are horrible, and the definition between lands is not very good, HOWEVER, it is a very solid theme park. Better then WDS and DCA by far.

It looks more like someone took Universal Orlando's parks and smashed them together. Overall, it's nicely done. I worry about that Shrek area though. The detailed theming is a step up from its American counterparts, for sure, but the core attraction doesn't actually warrant it. Will it even stay relevant? You could probably ask the same thing about Madagascar, but we don't know what the ride entails.

On an unrelated note, I really hate the Asian fad of putting roofs over themed areas. Looks ridiculous. Like Vegas.

"On an unrelated note, I really hate the Asian fad of putting roofs over themed areas. Looks ridiculous. Like Vegas."

First of all thank you all for stopping by my Blog Sentosa Theme Park Blog.

There is a reason for the Roofs. If you have been to WDW in the Summer time it's very hot and muggy so is Singapore but all year round. The Roofs at USS are made so it bring the temp down 2 to 4 degrees. It's also like Orlando in the Summer we get thunder storms in the afternoon so the Roofs give people a place to go during the down pour. Just a little trivia Singapore Record Low in History was 67 degrees.

Thanks Bigbearsg

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

I think the park looks good, but much like Florida, the areas are only designed to be viewed from within. Universal seems to like to ignore that when viewed from across the water, the soundstages become visible. While this may work in Florida's park, in Singapore (no backlot or production there) and IOA it doesn't work.

Lol Universal's lands are like mullets. Themeing in the front, all soundstage in the back.

And regardless of how practical the roofs are or not...it doesn't mean they can't look better.