Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Tonight Show at Universal Studios

So, now that's the shows been on for a few weeks now, does anyone know what's going on with this. I know on the show, Coco has used the studio tour a couple of times, like taking a tram full of tourist on a joyride and setting up a makeshift Kong attraction. But is there anything else in the park.

And more importantly, is there a way of taking in a taping and going to the park in the same day. I don't know how Universal does it, is there at least a tram that takes you from the park or the front gate down to the studio or something?

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Incredible View Post
    So, now that's the shows been on for a few weeks now, does anyone know what's going on with this. I know on the show, Coco has used the studio tour a couple of times, like taking a tram full of tourist on a joyride and setting up a makeshift Kong attraction. But is there anything else in the park.

And more importantly, is there a way of taking in a taping and going to the park in the same day. I don't know how Universal does it, is there at least a tram that takes you from the park or the front gate down to the studio or something?

If you are to watch the Conan show, you'd need to commit yourself to being taken up 3:30pm through 6 pm. So you CAN do the theme park from morning until then.

And yes, there's a shuttle / tram that takes you to the bottom of the hill where the backlot entrance is, which is where you line up for the show. You can then take the shuttle / tram back up to citywalk and have dinner, see a movie, whatever.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Looking for Hidden Mickey

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    If you are to watch the Conan show, you'd need to commit yourself to being taken up 3:30pm through 6 pm. So you CAN do the theme park from morning until then.

And yes, there's a shuttle / tram that takes you to the bottom of the hill where the backlot entrance is, which is where you line up for the show. You can then take the shuttle / tram back up to citywalk and have dinner, see a movie, whatever.
    Where does the tram pick up at in Citywalk? How often does the tram run? I am going to see the show on the 21 and wondering where to park.
    Check out my page at www.myspace.com/wheresmickey

Check out my pin collection at www.pinpics.com. User name is WheresMickey

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WheresMickey View Post
    Where does the tram pick up at in Citywalk? How often does the tram run? I am going to see the show on the 21 and wondering where to park.
    The tram pick up area at CityWalk is basically at the north end, nearest the park, next to the taxi stand in the parking lot. You should see the signs and the queue. Depending on how busy it is, they can run 2 or 3 at the same time.

Once you get to the bottom of the hill, you need to walk down Lankershim Blvd (away from the freeway) to you find the line of folks waiting to enter the Backlot gate.
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12