Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 19 of 19
  1. #16

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Vancouver, BC, Canada
    Posts
    234

    Re: Tonight Show at Universal Studios

    So, now that's the shows been on for a few weeks now, does anyone know what's going on with this. I know on the show, Coco has used the studio tour a couple of times, like taking a tram full of tourist on a joyride and setting up a makeshift Kong attraction. But is there anything else in the park.

    And more importantly, is there a way of taking in a taping and going to the park in the same day. I don't know how Universal does it, is there at least a tram that takes you from the park or the front gate down to the studio or something?

  2. #17

    • MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles & Orange County
    Posts
    21,398

    Re: Tonight Show at Universal Studios

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Incredible View Post
    So, now that's the shows been on for a few weeks now, does anyone know what's going on with this. I know on the show, Coco has used the studio tour a couple of times, like taking a tram full of tourist on a joyride and setting up a makeshift Kong attraction. But is there anything else in the park.

    And more importantly, is there a way of taking in a taping and going to the park in the same day. I don't know how Universal does it, is there at least a tram that takes you from the park or the front gate down to the studio or something?


    If you are to watch the Conan show, you'd need to commit yourself to being taken up 3:30pm through 6 pm. So you CAN do the theme park from morning until then.

    And yes, there's a shuttle / tram that takes you to the bottom of the hill where the backlot entrance is, which is where you line up for the show. You can then take the shuttle / tram back up to citywalk and have dinner, see a movie, whatever.


    Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

    Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

  3. #18

    • Looking for Hidden Mickey
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    626 SGV
    Posts
    3,863

    Re: Tonight Show at Universal Studios

    Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    If you are to watch the Conan show, you'd need to commit yourself to being taken up 3:30pm through 6 pm. So you CAN do the theme park from morning until then.

    And yes, there's a shuttle / tram that takes you to the bottom of the hill where the backlot entrance is, which is where you line up for the show. You can then take the shuttle / tram back up to citywalk and have dinner, see a movie, whatever.
    Where does the tram pick up at in Citywalk? How often does the tram run? I am going to see the show on the 21 and wondering where to park.
    Check out my page at www.myspace.com/wheresmickey

    Check out my pin collection at www.pinpics.com. User name is WheresMickey




  4. #19

    • Darkbeer
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Tustin
    Posts
    8,260
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Tonight Show at Universal Studios

    Quote Originally Posted by WheresMickey View Post
    Where does the tram pick up at in Citywalk? How often does the tram run? I am going to see the show on the 21 and wondering where to park.
    The tram pick up area at CityWalk is basically at the north end, nearest the park, next to the taxi stand in the parking lot. You should see the signs and the queue. Depending on how busy it is, they can run 2 or 3 at the same time.

    Once you get to the bottom of the hill, you need to walk down Lankershim Blvd (away from the freeway) to you find the line of folks waiting to enter the Backlot gate.
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-03-2008, 08:01 AM
  2. Universal Studios Florida Ghostbusters Show Manual
    By Captainmisery in forum Merchandise Buy/Sell/Trade
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-29-2008, 11:37 AM
  3. What NBC Universal Property can help Universal Studios?
    By Coheteboy in forum Other Destinations
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 05-11-2007, 05:44 AM
  4. New Stage Show @ Universal Studios Hollywood
    By DisneyFunGuy in forum Other Destinations
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-09-2006, 10:51 PM
  5. Disney-MGM Studios vs. Universal Studios Florida
    By DL_CRAZE in forum Walt Disney World Resort
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 05-04-2005, 12:37 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •