Front of the line???

My family is going to Universal Studios Hollywood the week of June 15 thru the 20th. Is it worth buyng the front of the line pass since we will only be going one day? They are kind of pricey, but I'm not sure of crowd levels. Also....i am taking my 3 year old and 11 year old. Any suggestions of rides they both can enjoy??

• mountains beyond mtns.

Re: Front of the line???

I say that it's not worth it. The longest line will probably be for the Simpsons Ride which will most likely be a 45 min wait at most. Even on a very warm day, Jurassic Park loads fairly quickly and you shouldn't see anything more than a 40 min. wait. For the Mummy ride, I've never seen anything greater than 20-25 min.

If you go to the park at opening, I'd suggest going to Simpsons first. The lower lot section where Mummy and Jurassic Park don't open until 30 min to an hour after opening so after Simpsons, you could either wait for the lower lot to open up or head over to the Tram Tour.

For the shows, just make sure you line up in the queue around 20-30 min. before showtime and you should be okay.

it's not worth it.....
    thanE

• Sock Puppet

It is a busy season because school is over. I think it is worth it get the pass come to think that you have a 3 year old with you. I don't think your 3 year old will enjoy the waiting line.

• What do u mean u people?

Chances are the 3yr old cannot do any of the big rides to begin with b/c they wont be tall enough (Simpsons, Revenge of the Mummy and Jurassic Park) Universal does have a child switch for these rides.

They do let you upgrade to the Front of the Line Pass inside the park too by just paying the difference. So you can always buy a regular ticket and then upgrade after you enter if you think you need to.

If you can get there early, right at or before park opening and have a full day, then you should have no problem seeing all of the park, even on a typical "busy" day. Not busy like 4th of July...but for the time of year you're going.

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by Djov2 View Post
    They do let you upgrade to the Front of the Line Pass inside the park too by just paying the difference. So you can always buy a regular ticket and then upgrade after you enter if you think you need to.

Yeah, that is a good tip!

As far as the pass goes, we regularly go to USH and have never seen the need to buy one.