Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Re: "Back To The Future" To Be Replaced By Ride Themed To "The Dark Knight"

Will they do something with Heath's Joker in this even though he's dead? Or is it going to be an animated ride?

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Wrassler View Post
    Will they do something with Heath's Joker in this even though he's dead? Or is it going to be an animated ride?
    Heath's Joker is dieing to make a comeback.

..Just joking. why so serious?

Seriously, I cannot be certain what format the ride film will be in, or which version of the Joker (or other villian(s) will be used. Most Batman fans will be expecting the ride to be live action and based on the current films. A toon would be a real let down. Perhaps a HL lookalike will be used along with a voiceover from an imitater.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior View Post
    Seriously, I cannot be certain what format the ride film will be in, or which version of the Joker (or other villian(s) will be used. Most Batman fans will be expecting the ride to be live action and based on the current films. A toon would be a real let down. Perhaps a HL lookalike will be used along with a voiceover from an imitater.
    Most likely the ride will all be CGI, animated but looking like live action.

I think it would be good to do a hybrid of the movie mixed with elements of the comic so that the ride would have a longer shelf life.

• Banned User

Although it would be far more economical to add a Simpson's clone, the franchise and it's characters are not that well known in the Far East countries such as Japan.
    Sorry but that is INCORRECT. The Simpsons ARE very well known in Japan and throughout Asias conutries. Simpsons' merchandise can be found all over Japan in retail such as collectible and toy stores, and the TV show do air regularly on Japanese TV or via cable stations such as FOX's international channel. As for this rumor.. it appears fishy.
    I am more interested to find out what will they do with the former ET Adventure building...

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    Sorry but that is INCORRECT. The Simpsons ARE very well known in Japan and throughout Asias conutries. Simpsons' merchandise can be found all over Japan in retail such as collectible and toy stores, and the TV show do air regularly on Japanese TV or via cable stations such as FOX's international channel. As for this rumor.. it appears fishy.
    I am more interested to find out what will they do with the former ET Adventure building...
    If you believe the rumors contained in another thread on this very forum, an anime spinning coaster might be placed there. (Shoot me.)

That reminds me, are the Japanese ever going to get a Revenge of the Mummy ride? Or is the whole "resurrection" thing a no-go for them?

• Freakster

DC comics does not have an exclusive agreement with Six Flags, although SF is it's primary amusement park partner. If I were SF, I would pile on the pressure to sign a new conreact that bindingly calls for exclusivity. They are probably afraid of chasing DC comics off, but the cmpany should be more concerned about undue competition hurting their position in the future market place in terms of attrendance, public perception and profit margins.
    That type of exclusivity doesn't come without a big check. And Six Flags doesn't have much in their bank account.

• Knows Where His Towel Is

A trip to Japan is looking more and more attractive.

I mean, DisneySea, TDL, and now this.

INTERGALACTIC WRITER FOR THE HITCHHIKER'S GUIDE TO THE GALAXY
    HOOPY FROODS:thinkingofdisney11, DisneyIzz, A113, dmtnt55, MikeSkellington, zephr, Incrediboy, JungleCruiseFan, PerformerInWaiting, MainStreetJake, The Disneylander, littleactressann, DapperJoshua, padgerfan, SS77, DisneyLove, GummiBears_Rock, fangalicious44, animekiti4christ, *disneyprincess*, monorailorange33, Colorized, iskategoofy, stevo505, mandypandy, williamtheking, CaptainEO,Atis, firebolt413, cocoa, WendyInWonderland, ICe101, itsxxdomoxxkun, esquivel

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER!
    ASK ME ANYTHING! :: FORMSPRING.ME
    FOLLOW MY BLOG: <>

Quote Originally Posted by The Disneylander View Post
    A trip to Japan is looking more and more attractive.

I mean, DisneySea, TDL, and now this.
    A trip to Tokyo looked attractive the minute the first picture of DisneySea was released!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by tloolgb View Post
    I know this is a far out rumor. But if it came true...the usual battle cry will once again be heeded.

Japan gets all the cool stuff.

We get Simpsons, they get Batman. We get Hollywood Rip Ride & Rockit...they get a B&M mini-hyper.

And this is just Universal.
    I don't understand these comments. The Simpsons is a great attraction. And how do we know that this Dark Knight attraction will be better?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12