Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Iron-Clad Allie

"Back To The Future" To Be Replaced By Ride Themed To "The Dark Knight"

Holy vertual spin in the bat-jalopy, Batman! According to rumor, Universal studio Japan's Back To The Future will be overhauled and replaced in 2010/2011 with a new simulated ride adventure based on The Batman. Although it would be far more economical to add a Simpson's clone, the franchise and it's characters are not that well known in the Far East countries such as Japan. The caped crusader and Gotham's villians are another story. DC comicbook heroes are quite popular in the Land of the Rising Sun. If executed right, The Dark Knight would make one incredibly awesome experience.

Source: Screamscape
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 08-25-2009 at 07:34 AM.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• Surfin the net with Duffy

Re: "Back To The Future" To Be Replaced By Ride Themed To "The Dark Knight"

Do you mean USJ? Very confusing post.

Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011
    We were sent over there with the message that only we would defend Disney quality.. We learnt quickly that the Japanese culture speaks to a level of quality that is hard to comprehend. They were all unbelievably skilled and willing to do the right thing.
    Craig Russell -Walt Disney Imagineering

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by TravisMT81 View Post
    Do you mean USJ? Very confusing post.
    Yes, I meant to post this in the Universal area. Thanks, Travis.

• Iron-Clad Allie

With a special thanks to Disneykat, this thread has been transferred to the correct area. Please allow me to re-post the thread opening again, my friends:

Holy vertual spin in the bat-jalopy, Batman! According to rumor, Universal studio Japan's Back To The Future will be overhauled and replaced in 2010/2011 with a new simulated ride adventure based on The Batman. Although it would be far more economical to add a Simpson's clone, the franchise and it's characters are not that well known in the Far East countries such as Japan. The caped crusader and Gotham's villians are another story. DC comicbook heroes are quite popular in the Land of the Rising Sun. If executed right, The Dark Knight would make one incredibly awesome experience.

Source: Screamscape
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 08-25-2009 at 07:34 AM.

I know this would never happen in the States due to the Marvel deal, but that won't stop me from being extremely jealous of Japan. I love the Simpsons, but I'd take The Dark Knight any day.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by Skip View Post
    I know this would never happen in the States due to the Marvel deal, but that won't stop me from being extremely jealous of Japan. I love the Simpsons, but I'd take The Dark Knight any day.
    It doesn't get much better than The Dark Knight. What's more, Universal Japan could get away with having both Marvel's Spiderman and DC's Batman at the same park.

• we jumped out a window

Same here. I'd take this over the Simpsons ride at USH any day. It would sure make me use my Universal annual pass a lot more often

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

I know this is a far out rumor. But if it came true...the usual battle cry will once again be heeded.

Japan gets all the cool stuff.

We get Simpsons, they get Batman. We get Hollywood Rip Ride & Rockit...they get a B&M mini-hyper.

And this is just Universal.

Quote Originally Posted by tloolgb View Post
    I know this is a far out rumor. But if it came true...the usual battle cry will once again be heeded.

We get Simpsons, they get Batman. We get Hollywood Rip Ride & Rockit...they get a B&M mini-hyper.

Keep in mind though, their B&M completely ruins their Hollywood area... supports all over the street... it's kind of a mess. Still runs better than Rockit over in Orlando, though...

• Iron-Clad Allie

Oh well. Their sushi filled pretzels will never come close to touching our churros.

Still runs better than Rockit over in Orlando, though...
    You mean the ride that JUST opened? (Without proper testing, I might add)
    Last edited by JtnOrl; 08-27-2009 at 03:28 AM.

• Mickey is not my Brother

I thought DC comics was a Six Flags partnership, like Marvel is with Universal.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by JtnOrl View Post
    You mean the ride that JUST opened? (Without proper testing, I might add)
    I haven't rode Rockit. How would you critique what is specifically wrong with it? Is the coaster too jerky? Does it leave the rider nausiated? Do the restraints physically cause pain or make one sore?

Quote Originally Posted by Oswald the Rabbitt View Post
    I thought DC comics was a Six Flags partnership, like Marvel is with Universal.
    DC comics does not have an exclusive agreement with Six Flags, although SF is it's primary amusement park partner. If I were SF, I would pile on the pressure to sign a new conreact that bindingly calls for exclusivity. They are probably afraid of chasing DC comics off, but the cmpany should be more concerned about undue competition hurting their position in the future market place in terms of attrendance, public perception and profit margins.
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 08-27-2009 at 05:14 PM.

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Keep in mind though, their B&M completely ruins their Hollywood area... supports all over the street... it's kind of a mess. Still runs better than Rockit over in Orlando, though...
    And while that is sad...if it came down to the two...I'd take Hollywood Dream ruining a theme over Rockit.

How to describe Rockit. It rattles. The elements are odd, and the laterals are insane. It actually made me want shoulder restraints because of how awkward and thrown I felt. Plus other than the loop, it doesn't have anything of merit. It goes from INTENSE ELEMENT OMG I AM BEING WHIPPED to brake run to OH I AM BEING THROWN to break run. While I think the brake runs are good because of the intensity of the elements, the pacing of the ride is pretty bad.

If it opened on time it might have been less dissapointing. If it didn't open int he same year as Manta it might have been less dissapointing. But a 5-6 month delay in the same year we got Manta? It really bummed me out.

• Iron-Clad Allie

And while that is sad...if it came down to the two...I'd take Hollywood Dream ruining a theme over Rockit.

How to describe Rockit. It rattles. The elements are odd, and the laterals are insane. It actually made me want shoulder restraints because of how awkward and thrown I felt. Plus other than the loop, it doesn't have anything of merit. It goes from INTENSE ELEMENT OMG I AM BEING WHIPPED to brake run to OH I AM BEING THROWN to break run. While I think the brake runs are good because of the intensity of the elements, the pacing of the ride is pretty bad.

If it opened on time it might have been less dissapointing. If it didn't open int he same year as Manta it might have been less dissapointing. But a 5-6 month delay in the same year we got Manta? It really bummed me out.
    Thank you for the comprehensive analysis of Rockit, tloolgb. Was hoping that someone would fill me in. Right nice of you. Think I'd rathe go out of my way to ride Sea World Orlando's Manta than to go to travel a much shorter distance to ride a far inferior coaster (at Universal Hollywood) by the same manufacturer. On the other hand, USH's Mummy coaster does sound like a lot of fun. I look forward to trying it out during my next venture to the park.

If one could afford the trip, traveling to Japan in order to ecperience The Dark Knight action packed high tech simulator ride would be well worth the money.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast