Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• What would Walt do?

What does everyone think of Jurassic Park the Ride at Universal Studios?

I think it's a pretty cool ride and I always have a desire to go on it when I'm at Universal. I'm curious to hear your thoughts. What do you like/dislike?
    Just off the top of my head I enjoy that it's a slower ride more in the mold of Pirates or Splash Mountain. It also progresses similarly to POTC in the sense that the drama builds, but you're responsible for finding your place in the story. Is it a story driven ride like Eisner's WDI? Or is it more immersive like the WED classics? Just some observations and questions that pop into my head as I read the Indiana Jones discussion. Good stuff.
    Thanks for taking a minute to respond. This is my first post and I haven't been reading for very long so sorry if this has already come up. I would love some links to simillar postings or blog articles on Jurassic Park the ride if anyone has some to share.

Thanks
    -------------------------------------------
    In this spot I will place some cool banner Disney Images or links to my Disney Parks related niche blog...TBC

• =)

Re: What does everyone think of Jurassic Park the Ride at Universal Studios?

I like it. I wouldn't say it's the most amazing attraction ever made, but I think it does a nice job of translating the peril of the first film into a believable ride. It doesn't merely rehash the film, but it gives a similar sort of story within the same universe and delivers a fun thrill at the end. Not a bad effort overall. EDIT: And how could I forget? WELCOME TO MICECHAT!

• Not a Minion

I have no hate or love for the ride. I'm neutral about it.

I find it to have a little bit of both story elements and immersive elements. The downside of the ride though is that its theme quality isn't as high as WDI standards. For example, many of the popping out Animatronics can easily be spotted with some of their animatronic components outside their shell. Big theme killer for me. And also, often, I find the ride to be poorly maintained so many of the AA don't have the quality look I'd like them to be.

A few examples are found on this blog posting: Ryan-Philipp Valle : Blog Trip Report: Universal Studios Hollywood

The best example would be the photo of the dino with the severely twisted neck and also the dino with the skin that's folding over itself...

• Minion

Welcome to MiceChat!
    anyways, It's fun in the summer where it's SUPPER wet.
    The drop is nice. Splash is not really a thrill since nothing is scary but this is.

• What would Walt do?

Thanks guys! I really appreciate the warm welcome and responses. I agree that the biggest problems are a lack of theming and upkeep. Seeing rides with real potential but low quality standards just kind of makes me sad. I remember thinking that about Disneyland and Knotts Berry Farn when I was a kid. I loved the rides at Knotts, but I always understood that they paled in comparison to the rides at DL that my family and I were saving ourselves for the next day.

• Infinitized!

It's a good ride, but... it's a bit too short. And only one drop? It could've had another one but Universal is short on space to build big rides.

I wish I could voice an opinion on the ride, but I have never been on it. I have only been there once and that was right after the ground breaking ceremony for King Kong that is no longer there due to the fires. And I live about 30 minutes away! Amazing I know.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

I quite enjoy the ride myself, it's fun, got some good theming and clever details to it, and it does kind of ramp up in excitement/danger level throughout. And welcome indeed to MiceChat!
    when the spooks have a midnight jamboree....

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

I like it...A LOT. I love how it builds up the scare factor, starting out peaceful and gradually adding scary parts. The final scene with the T-Rex in the waterfall is awesome. I also appreciate you don't get as wet as you used to a while back.

I give it a solid A-.

One of the best ride out there.

• Love HD videos!

20 to 35 mins from Disneyland, Knotts, Universal, Raging water

I like this ride too. The best time to ride it, is during the summer months because you get soak a lot. My favorite part is the 3 cannons that shoots huge amount of water up into the sky.

Here is a video that I recorded: Starting at 1 min and 20 seconds is where you will see the 3 awesome cannons that will get you extremely soak during the summer month.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3EQuzbOndY]YouTube - Universal Studios Hollywood Montage Video - Xtreme HD[/ame]
    My Brand New Youtube channel -"SoCal ATTRACTIONS 360"
    http://www.youtube.com/SoCalAttractions360

• we jumped out a window

I enjoy it a lot as well. As a USH passholder, I probably visit there more than most of you and JP is the one thing I have to go on each time. (I live close by so my visits tend not to be all day affairs).

I do agree with ryanvalle, though, about how some of the dino AA's are showing their age and could really use some refurbishment. The initial ramp could use a paint job as well.

• Love HD videos!

20 to 35 mins from Disneyland, Knotts, Universal, Raging water

Quote Originally Posted by brand42 View Post
    I enjoy it a lot as well. As a USH passholder, I probably visit there more than most of you and JP is the one thing I have to go on each time. (I live close by so my visits tend not to be all day affairs).

I do agree with ryanvalle, though, about how some of the dino AA's are showing their age and could really use some refurbishment. The initial ramp could use a paint job as well.
    I go there a lot of time too. I like the all you can eat pass. Yummy!

I can't believe they are going to remove both Backdraft and the Special effects show to make room for a new Transformer the ride. By taking those out, there wouldn't be a lot of attractions at USH.

I believed they are also removing the lamest show on earth "the Creature of the Black Lagoon."

Now there are even less attractions and shows to watch.
    My Brand New Youtube channel -"SoCal ATTRACTIONS 360"
    http://www.youtube.com/SoCalAttractions360

• Disney Fan & Musician

I like it, but I don't think it compares to Splash Mountain. It's theming is nice and the suspense factor is huge. The T-Rex is awesome!
    Follow me on --> Twitter (@soda)

• Addicted to Disney

I have gone on this ride and I enjoyed it. It's not as good as a Disney ride, but it's great for Universal. I know there's only one drop, but it's a really big one (80 feet.)

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast