Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• ...TWO BITS!

Re: universal studios, do you like it?

Quote Originally Posted by drb
    Cool! I always wanted someone to do a Yesterversal Studios site. Now if only someone would do a Yesterknotts...
    I was also looking for websites that had yesteryears of USH/USO & KBF. There's not as many sites for those as there are for Disneyland...

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

• Banned User

I'm getting a free AP (they sent me one in the mail, no idea why) which is kinda cool. I like the park, with this free AP I'll probably go a few times next year. I've never really been on the rides but I like the tram tour and the lack of crowds, I love the Terminator attraction!!

• Still lost in Neverland

The Mummy Ride is cool. Terminator 2 3-D is the best thing in the Park. Back to the Future is cool if you can get center section of the middle row. Shrek 4-D is ok but nothing special. Backdraft (if it opens again) is very good. Water World is a cool show see it while it's still around. Jurasic Park is also good but you will probably get soaked. On a hot day with a about 10 or so minutes you will be dry. The shows are very dated. But it's still kind of a fun place to spend a few hours and the free AP really works. I got one last year and I have used it a lot. I also like looking around some of the cooler stores in City Walk.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

• Senior Minion

I like Universal, but only for part of the day. BackDraft will be missed, as well as Waterworld. I always enjoyed this show. I miss the Wild West Show, I have great memories of that show with my wife. Back to the Future is cool and so is the Mummy. I wish the Mummy was longer though. It is just to short. Jurassic is ok if you want to cool off. The Tram tour is interesting because it is different everytime I visit.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

• Still lost in Neverland

You know what I get such a kick out of? It's the fact that Universal spent a small fortune on a bunch of realistic, A/A dinorsaurs who are working in water for the first time, made a pretty neat story line of a boat getting knocked off coarse, etc. and all people can talk about is "Boy that last deop is really amazing"! They never talk about the story, the dinosaurs or much of anything except that last drop. Same thing on Splash Mountain, Here are all these great A/A Song of the South figures, a story about Brer Rabbit running away from home and all they can remember is the bit drop near the end. I sometime wonder why Disney and Universal even bother. Just give them a bare bones water ride with no A/A's, no story just a big drop at the end. That's all they remember anyway.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Boy
    You know what I get such a kick out of? It's the fact that Universal spent a small fortune on a bunch of realistic, A/A dinorsaurs who are working in water for the first time, made a pretty neat story line of a boat getting knocked off coarse, etc. and all people can talk about is "Boy that last deop is really amazing"! They never talk about the story, the dinosaurs or much of anything except that last drop. Same thing on Splash Mountain, Here are all these great A/A Song of the South figures, a story about Brer Rabbit running away from home and all they can remember is the bit drop near the end. I sometime wonder why Disney and Universal even bother. Just give them a bare bones water ride with no A/A's, no story just a big drop at the end. That's all they remember anyway.
    I totally understand what you are saying Universal did do a good job on Jurassic. The drop doesn't interest me that much. I'm more interested in the detail of the rides. It is so true that most people talk about is the finale. But ever noticed a dry boat when you sit down? I never thought they would do a boat type ride, nor did I expect too see A/A Dinosaurs coming up out of the water. Too me that was astounding.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

• Scentsy Minion

Blog Entries

i agree that jurassic park is underappreciated. i also have a little sentimental value toward it considering that my best friend in elementary school (who ended up moving...:'( )s dad worked on that ride. the reason i know she wasn't lying...the only things she would/could tell me was that it was a mix between a water ride and a roller coaster. after she moved away, jurassic park opened. yup.
    but i also miss the wild wild west show, totally funny! and they're taking out backdraft!? i didn't know....so sad. as far as the mummy is concerned, i'd rather have e.t. back!! i miss that little dude.

• Iron-Clad Allie

The Jurrasic Park flume ride is my favorite. The animatronic dinosaurs and background is so realistic looking - the attraction itself a blast. They are always doing something new with the ream ride. To me, it's kinda like the Jungle Cruise - only movie sets, disaters and movie animals replace the jungle.

Shrek and The Mummy coaster are both awesome new attractions. Universal should't have skimped on the budjet where the length of the coaster is concerned. If Waterworld is replaced, I am hoping that it will be with Spiderman. The Terminator and Animal Actors shows are fun. Technically speaking, the animal show is a stunt show, but most people do not credit it as such.

Dusty Sage's suggestion that the park would be wise to add Men In Black is right on. I'd love to see that too. USF needs more land to expand it's ride base - without moving onto the actual studio lot. Perhaps they need to build a second park someplace else in Los angeles County.

• Mountain Dew User

Blog Entries

WaterWorld is not closing! It has been there since 1995. it is the number one rated show, while backdraft is not a good show and has been around longer, why would they close WaterWorld when it is better and younger.

• MC State Comptroller

First Post yall so bear with me...

What USH needs to do is seriously update their park. First they need to bring the IOA Spiderman ride to USH. I hear that this might be a distinct possiblity to replace the Waterworld or Backdraft area.

Then they need to update the rides they have there. BTTF needs to get a good cleaning and a new ride program and video. Update the T2 show to reflect the new movie. Get rid of the Tribute to Lucy and make it a tribute to Hitchcock who really made that studio. Bring back the audience participation shows.

Put more focus in the Tram ride. USH's appeal is that it shows you the movie magic. Have more things on the Tram Ride. I feel the additions of one or two more soundstage presentations would freshen up the stale ride. Also make a route on the tram that can go above a actual shooting movie. Far enough to prevent the tram from messing the shoot up, but close enough for visitors to feel that they are seeing something truly Behind the Scenes.

At the same time they may want to cash in on nostalgia and have a part of the park (possibly over by T2) dedicated to their movies and TV shows from the 70's-90's. Imagine if you could go to part of USH and see the A-team truck, or Cyclons from Battlestar Galactica or a ride based on a Universal movie or tv show from that time period. You could also a display of props and stuff from the old Universal monster movies. It is an idea that you could do so much with and cash in with older people from that time period and even young people who are interested in that stuff.

I do believe that they need to add 2-4 more rides to intice people. Either take from the IOA or USO in Florida or come up with some new ones.

I really like USH, i think it is a fun place where you can pretend to be in a movie. They just need to revamp it a little.
    "Here you leave Today and enter the world of Yesterday, Tomorrow and Bankruptcy!"

Maybe for once, someone will call me "Sir" without saying, "You're making a scene!"

Arizona Cardinals 2008 NFC Champions

I like it, but I don't get there often.

Loved Backdraft, sorry to hear it's going away. :: sigh ::

Jurassic Park- underappreciated, yes. AA dinosaurs in water- cool! Drop at the end? Eh, big deal. Been down drops.

T3D? Yes! Fun.

Tram ride- absolutely. I don't think I ever missed it when I've gone to USH.

BTTF- eh. Fun once but after that?

I thought I saw a SpiderMan stunt show of some kind. I thought it was a Universal. An enclosed interior stage, pyro, and lots of ropes coming down from the cieling. I stayed after the show ended to watch the pyro guy pull the expired tubes from the various places in the stage.

WaterWorld- hated the movie, but it makes a very entertaining stunt show.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

• Bruce Timm is a genuis.

Quote Originally Posted by alphabassetgrrl
    I thought I saw a SpiderMan stunt show of some kind. I thought it was a Universal. An enclosed interior stage, pyro, and lots of ropes coming down from the cieling. I stayed after the show ended to watch the pyro guy pull the expired tubes from the various places in the stage.
    That would be "Spiderman Rocks," a fun little stunt show/musical that started in 2002 and closed in august 2004. The storyline was more or less based on the first movie with some pop songs thrown in (ie. "I Need a Hero").
    Light a man a fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of the night. Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

My webpage, it's Blogtastic!

Now with working Guestbook!

I worked at USH for 5 years and I'm pretty upset at what the place has become. I visited last Feb and I got the season pass. Haven't been back. I just got back from Orlando a few weeks ago and I have to say that Universal Orlando has gone downhill. IOA is my all time fav non-disney park, so it was a real bummer. But the Halloween Horror thing was cool.

As far as my favorite rides go, in Hollywood it's Back to the Future (before they stopped taking care of it)

In Orlando it's Mummy. Great job! SO much better than the one out here. Why bother? Should have kept ET.

While I love the Spiderman ride, I don't think it is a good fit for USH. I like the idea of turning the waterworld area into some kind of Harry Potter area. Sort of like Flick's Fun Fair but not as lame. Call it Diagon Alley. Maybe throw in a HP ride using the Tech of Spiderman. Can you imagine how many kids will want to visit USH if they do that? Get on the phone USH!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123