• Iron-Clad Allie

Forbidden Journey Ride Queue & Ride Through (On-Ride) Videos

Forbidden Journey...Wizarding World's premier attraction is one storm-fest of harrowing hyjinx and magical action. Go Harry!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VvC33X_s-BM]YouTube - Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey Ride at Wizarding World of Harry Potter[/ame]
    Ride Queue HD Vid

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qSXhYoH44Y]YouTube - Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey on-ride video *Watch in HD*[/ame]
    Ride Thru HD Vid
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• Future Imagineer

Re: Forbidden Journey Ride Queue & Ride Through (On-Ride) Videos

Must be dark I can't see a thing on the ride video.

Universal is know for one thing: projections . Most of their ride are basically projected. Instead of rebuilding King Kong they put up a giant projection room. Lets hope Disney will never go to that level. Sorry for Universal fans.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by Right Ear View Post

Universal is know for one thing: projections . Most of their ride are basically projected. Instead of rebuilding King Kong they put up a giant projection room. Lets hope Disney will never go to that level. Sorry for Universal fans.
    You have a good point that I haven't thought of before, Right Ear. Although they make the most elaborate and fun projection oriented rides...they are projections just the same.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

Quote Originally Posted by Right Ear View Post

And Disney hasn't been adding screen-based attractions as of late? Toy Story Mania, Soarin, Mission: Space, the Seas with Nemo and Friends, the latter half of Spaceship Earth? Projections are much less costly than fully realized sets with expensive-to-build-and-maintain-audio-animatronics. Does that mean I like the latter any less? Of course not. I love animatronics, and the late King Kong is no exception. But, Disney adds just as many projection-based attractions as Disney does - and Potter is probably the worst example of that trend, since it features many fully realized sets with massive animatronics. And while I haven't experienced Kong 360, I'm told it's very incredible to behold and extremely entertaining. Perhaps the real question is whom is doing the innovating in the theme park industry? I see Forbidden Journey and Kong 360 as innovative, despite its use of screens. You decide.

I think it all depends on how the projections are implemented.

As for Disney, the main projected rides all behave differently, thus immersing us in different ways:

The Seas With Nemo and Friends: I don't really consider a ride, but it definately makes my kids happy, looks really cool when you get to the actual fish tanks and the real fish swim through the animated fish!

Mission Space: Take a classic thrill ride concept and put "space" infront of the rider. Sorry, but I don't think you can live set / AA a ride to space.

Soarin: Amazing ride, entire thing is projections though, but it puts you right in it. Besides I love me some Patrick Warburton in the que, everytime I see him I yell out Hey, It's Joe!

As for IOA/Universal:

Simpsons: Takes the Star Tours concept and puts you into Krusty Land, I thought the ride was amazing, but felt a little taken out of it when I can look around and see all the other ride vehicles around me.

Spiderman: Great combo of live sets and effects combined with 3D projection. Really feel like a part of the world except for the charactors are gigantic instead of scaled.

Forbidden Journey: Amazing use of projection and Live Sets, basically takes Soarin into a more privatized setting with only four riders per car/bench and with more of a "rush", and then merges it with the live set dark ride stuff we know and love, the dragon, the womping willow, the dementors, everything.

Honestly, like the rides above (and I know I missed a few other excellent projection rides (TSM, ST), if it's implemented right, and puts you into the ride's realm, it can be a great experience (thinking about it know, the Seas ride is probally the weakest example).