Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 31 to 40 of 40
  1. #31

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, California, United States, United States
    Posts
    986

    Re: Forbidden Journey vs All

    The cabins will be upgraded, but I wouldn't expect miracles.
    See more of my horrible photos (and a few good ones) at my Flickr photostream

  2. #32

    • MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Temple of the Forbidden Eye
    Posts
    13,759
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Forbidden Journey vs All

    While I think that the Star Tours II update will be significant and add many more years of life and huge attendance to the attraction, I don't think that it will become the favorite attraction at Disneyland much less compete for the title of best theme park attraction.

    I think Universal's got a lock on that title for a while. Whether you think that Forbidden Journey or Spiderman is tops, both are at Islands of Adventure.

    I'm not quite sure how Disney got themselves into this mess, but I sure hope they have a plan to get out of it that is better than the Fantasyland princess meet-n-greet Forrest.

    I know that Disney CAN do better. The question is, WILL they be willing to pay for it?

    Anyway, kudos to Universal for advancing theme park entertainment to levels that only Disney was willing to experiment with in the past. Thank goodness that the magic and creativity lives somewhere. Even if it isn't at Disney.
    Find us on Facebook:

    .

    How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,



  3. #33

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    99

    Re: Forbidden Journey vs All

    Disney didn't do anything. Universal did.

  4. #34

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    12

    Re: Forbidden Journey vs All

    Quote Originally Posted by RobotWolf View Post
    I guess I can understand the space issue. But I wonder what was the motivation behind the "IOA only" clause. Did JKR want it to be unique?

    I'd say that the film rights belonging to WB and WB not wanting the WB name inside of a UNI park proper..... Just a thought.

  5. #35

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Antioch, CA
    Posts
    116

    Re: Forbidden Journey vs All

    Quote Originally Posted by ryno1986 View Post
    The first time I went on FJ I was convinced it was the best ride since Indiana Jones Adventure, but after riding it more and more I found that I was enjoying it slightly less. In other words, I think it has repeatability issues.

    Overall, I think Spider-man is a superior ride. Every time I go on it, I am still blown away by it, and I think the reason comes down to the story/pacing. FJ is basically a mish-mash of scenes- dementors showing up at a quidditch game for unexplained reasons, Hagrid having a dragon, Hermione randomly appearing in the Forbidden Forest etc. The best parts are better than Spider-man, but I think overall the ride has more flaws. I think it lacks a proper ending and I think the screens are blurry. I think Spider-man does a better job telling a complete and epic story and is overall a more complete experience.

    I'm curious to see if those who rank FJ the best end up changing their minds eventually.
    I agree with this. I still think Spiderman is the best ride I've ever ridden. FJ/Indy probably tie for 2nd. I also thought the movies were blurry and looked like a mediocre videogame.

  6. #36

    • jonyyeh
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    128

    Re: Forbidden Journey vs All

    Forbidden Journey and Spiderman are amazing rides. However, I feel that IOA isn't going be able to sustain its momentum without adding more attractions like it. I mean, the park has no way to keep people inside the park after they have ridden all of the rides and seen almost all of its shows. I can tell you from my night time visits is that crowds drop toward night time.

    In contrast, when I visited California Adventure during Summer Nightastic last year, the crowds were still there. Of course, there was the Electric Parade to keep the crowds in at night.

    Given that World of Color is already a hit that has resulted in Disney extending DCA's hours, the addition of the family-friendly Little Mermaid ride, and of course Cars Land with all new rides and and a true E Ticket, DCA will grow into a full day park. A park where you can truly spend morning to night in like Disneyland.

    I definitely think we will see DCA continue to beat IOA in terms of attendance, especially once the DCA expansion is continue. Although the Wizarding World of Harry Potter attracts and will continue to attract a lot of people to IOA, I doubt that it will ever give Universal the ability to attract the mass number of crowds that Disney attracts throughout most of its theme parks to IOA throughout the entire park and the resort as a whole.

  7. #37

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    87

    Re: Forbidden Journey vs All

    Quote Originally Posted by jonyyeh View Post
    Forbidden Journey and Spiderman are amazing rides. However, I feel that IOA isn't going be able to sustain its momentum without adding more attractions like it. I mean, the park has no way to keep people inside the park after they have ridden all of the rides and seen almost all of its shows. I can tell you from my night time visits is that crowds drop toward night time.

    In contrast, when I visited California Adventure during Summer Nightastic last year, the crowds were still there. Of course, there was the Electric Parade to keep the crowds in at night.

    Given that World of Color is already a hit that has resulted in Disney extending DCA's hours, the addition of the family-friendly Little Mermaid ride, and of course Cars Land with all new rides and and a true E Ticket, DCA will grow into a full day park. A park where you can truly spend morning to night in like Disneyland.

    I definitely think we will see DCA continue to beat IOA in terms of attendance, especially once the DCA expansion is continue. Although the Wizarding World of Harry Potter attracts and will continue to attract a lot of people to IOA, I doubt that it will ever give Universal the ability to attract the mass number of crowds that Disney attracts throughout most of its theme parks to IOA throughout the entire park and the resort as a whole.
    I'm a huge Universal supporter, but I agree. Both Universal parks need more attractions, period - they have the expansion land to do it and need to take advantage of it by adding more FAMILY attractions. Doing so will prompt a more balanced audience throughout the park (instead of being primarily in Seuss and Potter). I've always thought a World of Color-like fountain show would work wonders in Islands of Adventure, which has both the lagoon and characters with emotional pull to create and exhibit such a production. The Studios needs to bring back their Dynamite Stuntacular, which from what I've seen was a fantastic end to the evening in a movie-based park. If there's an incentive to stay at Islands and the Studios until park closing, guests will have more time to enjoy the parks' wonderful ambiance as well as the shows and side attractions that many people skip due to attempting to cram both parks into a single day.

  8. #38

    • jonyyeh
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    128

    Re: Forbidden Journey vs All

    Quote Originally Posted by Skip View Post
    I'm a huge Universal supporter, but I agree. Both Universal parks need more attractions, period - they have the expansion land to do it and need to take advantage of it by adding more FAMILY attractions. Doing so will prompt a more balanced audience throughout the park (instead of being primarily in Seuss and Potter). I've always thought a World of Color-like fountain show would work wonders in Islands of Adventure, which has both the lagoon and characters with emotional pull to create and exhibit such a production. The Studios needs to bring back their Dynamite Stuntacular, which from what I've seen was a fantastic end to the evening in a movie-based park. If there's an incentive to stay at Islands and the Studios until park closing, guests will have more time to enjoy the parks' wonderful ambiance as well as the shows and side attractions that many people skip due to attempting to cram both parks into a single day.
    Universal Studios Florida does have Universal 360, but I haven't seen it yet, but I intend to see it this summer. I dunno how that affects USF's attendance, but I would guess it encourages guests to stay till after the fireworks show ends. And yeah, I agree that Islands of Adventure would be a great place for a night time fountain show. At least use the lagoon for something! Tokyo DisneySea uses theirs for shows and transportation to the other "ports of call".

    I have to admit, Universal Studios Florida does have a better "backlot" area than Disney's Hollywood Studios, and it certainly is well themed (San Francisco actually looks like...San Fransisco!). However, Universal needs to update some of its areas too (Fievel's Playland, anyone? My only guess why it is still around because its a place for kids to play and they don't want to remove one of the few attractions they have geared toward kids.)

    As for Disney's Hollywood Studios, while Bob Weis is in charge for the DCA's expansion, can he be also assigned to revive/update/expand DHS (since he helped plan the original design)? DHS has great attractions, but could certainly use more and update/remove/revive others (such as the Backlot tour).

  9. #39

    • Internet.Serious Business
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities
    Posts
    4,824

    Re: Forbidden Journey vs All

    Quote Originally Posted by MistaDee View Post
    I for one believe so just based off it's fantastic ride system in the Kuka Arm
    The arm is cool, but the story just kinda stops after the queue, and how many times can they pull off the same trick? That being said, it is still a kick-*** ride, I just don't think that Radiator Springs Racer couldn't out-do it with a good story that carries all the way through...lets call it a "purpose".

    When it comes to Indy, Potter and Spiderman, the current top tri-fecta of thrill-dark rides, I'd still give Indy the edge. But that is like saying I won't ride a Bently because I've ridden in a Lotus.

    Don't think I hate it...I just don't think it can't be dethroned.

    Quote Originally Posted by RobotWolf View Post
    Why didn't they build a Potterland in USH? Cost? Amazing ride aside, it seems like a massive merchandise opportunity. Five years of chocolate frog sales alone would probably pay for the ride.
    Nah they need 5 years of these Chocolate Frog sales just to pay Rowling.

    Quote Originally Posted by jonyyeh View Post
    while Bob Weis is in charge for the DCA's expansion, can he be also assigned to revive/update/expand DHS .
    Anything is possible...but I would guess no, not if he is spearheading Shanghai at the same time.

  10. #40

    • jonyyeh
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    128

    Re: Forbidden Journey vs All

    Quote Originally Posted by tloolgb View Post

    Anything is possible...but I would guess no, not if he is spearheading Shanghai at the same time.
    Ah, I found a brief article about the news. Imagineering Exec VP to Lead Shanghai Disneyland | AWN | Animation World Network

    Well, I'm sure Bob Weis will do a great job on Shanghai Disneyland. DHS is a great park, but it just needs a update now that it is no longer a working studio.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Similar Threads

  1. Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey Review (Contains Spoilers)
    By Bill in forum Universal Studios Florida
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 06-14-2010, 01:00 AM
  2. Photos of Harry Potter & The Forbidden Journey (Hogwarts) at Night
    By Club 33 in forum Universal Studios Florida
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 06-10-2010, 02:05 AM
  3. Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey POV!
    By Ghost Galaxy in forum Universal Studios Florida
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 06-01-2010, 09:06 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •