Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• A Malice in Wonderland...

L.A. Times Advertisement

There was a special 4 page ad in the L.A. Times for the opening of the King Kong attraction. The ad contained several 'faked' news stories involving a mysterious giant simian creating havoc throughout Universal Studios and the rest of Southern California. Photos of giant ape feet on the sand at the beach, Dodger Stadium in ruins, an airport with the planes on fire. It took me a second to realize it was an ad because it was so cleverly done.

Not only has universal outdone disney with the wizarding world but now they've outdone them in creative advertising as well. I'm gonna have to start planning more trips to universal.
    In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Re: L.A. Times Advertisement

^I don't think Disney needs to advertise here in CA, they just got WoC and glow fest both are making many people pretty happy and word of mouth im sure is all Disney will need this summer to keep there numbers WAY up. Universal needs the crowds which im sure they'll get with all the Kong Stuff I've seen from the internet, to posters, to Xbox live.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Quote Originally Posted by Let's Enunciate View Post
    There was a special 4 page ad in the L.A. Times for the opening of the King Kong attraction. The ad contained several 'faked' news stories involving a mysterious giant simian creating havoc throughout Universal Studios and the rest of Southern California. Photos of giant ape feet on the sand at the beach, Dodger Stadium in ruins, an airport with the planes on fire. It took me a second to realize it was an ad because it was so cleverly done.

Not only has universal outdone disney with the wizarding world but now they've outdone them in creative advertising as well. I'm gonna have to start planning more trips to universal.

Universal has sure turned the corner, from when they first advertised Islands of Adventure ~ unfortunately Disney's marketing has been inconsistant at best.

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Universal has really stepped up their game in many ways. In fact, I'll be celebrating my birthday today not at Disneyland (as I always have in the past) but at Universal Studios Hollywood.

Kudos to Universal and their top notch new attractions and marketing.
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• Here Comes Trouble

Quote Originally Posted by Dustysage View Post
    Universal has really stepped up their game in many ways. In fact, I'll be celebrating my birthday today not at Disneyland (as I always have in the past) but at Universal Studios Hollywood.

Happy Birthday!

(Sorry I missed you with Kasey at the KOST WoC night.)
    Last edited by kristibaer; 07-01-2010 at 01:31 PM.
    It may have zippity to do with doo-dah

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Dustysage View Post

Have a great time!

I rememeber when I celebrated my birthday at USH,Before i got my disneyland AP. Never went back there after that, except for 8th grade grad nite, or day

-flashback montage-

yup, not my best birthday :P

but i hope you have a great time

and to actually stay on topic, that seems pretty cool. gonna have to look that up

• Banned User

Delete

• Banned User

We were going to check out Kong on Saturday, but my dad, who works at the studio mind you, overheard an employee from the park saying that they're expecting around 31,000 people that day. We decided to go Monday.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

^Over 9,000??????

lol anyway I'll still go and get there when it opens and just go on the Tram, Mummy/Jurassic then the Special Effect show then leave.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Freakazoid112 View Post
    We were going to check out Kong on Saturday, but my dad, who works at the studio mind you, overheard an employee from the park saying that they're expecting around 31,000 people that day. We decided to go Monday.
    Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    ^Over 9,000??????

lol anyway I'll still go and get there when it opens and just go on the Tram, Mummy/Jurassic then the Special Effect show then leave.
    31K is just the projection. It may end up being more or it could end up being less. The Park has been hitting over 9K daily for a while now.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQ5s1YBpvx4"]YouTube- What is his power level again?[/ame]
    ^Its a joke lol

• Cars Land Rocks!

Quote Originally Posted by Freakazoid112 View Post
    I used to live close to the park and go all the time. I avoided the park on days like that. Universal would open all the extra parking lots, including the 100 Universal Plaza office structure parking.

• Minion

Thumbs down Re: L.A. Times Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by OC2Epcot View Post
    I used to live close to the park and go all the time. I avoided the park on days like that. Universal would open all the extra parking lots, including the 100 Universal Plaza office structure parking.
    Today CM parking is being relocated from the Frankenstein structure (on non peak days we park in the Jurassic structure) to the structure over by the Technicolor gate (right before Lankershim splits past the Bank of America) and will be shuttled over to the theme park. On relocation days you have to get to USH about an hour before your shift to make sure you have enough time to catch the shuttle and get to work on time. It's a real headache for everyone.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by F!an View Post
    Today CM parking is being relocated from the Frankenstein structure (on non peak days we park in the Jurassic structure) to the structure over by the Technicolor gate (right before Lankershim splits past the Bank of America) and will be shuttled over to the theme park. On relocation days you have to get to USH about an hour before your shift to make sure you have enough time to catch the shuttle and get to work on time. It's a real headache for everyone.
    Yikes! That's hectic! Do you think the crowd die down a tad on Monday?

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

^Friday WAS CRAZY so I would expect the line for the Tram to be 40 mins before 11 am on Monday, the rest of the rides had normal lines until around noonish. Get there when the park opens and you'll be able to do everything you want.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast