Talking So Cal Pass? All-day food vouchers???

Helping a friend crunch numbers for their travel budget, so I thought I'd put these questions out and see if we get any answers!

Has anybody ever bought a So Cal pass (entrance to Univ, Sea World, SD Zoo or WAP, + 3 day DL hopper)? Is the ticket worth the price, or is it just another tourist $$$ trap? There DOES seem to be a good amount saved, if every single entrance ticket is used, but... ya never know.

What about the food vouchers for USH or Sea World? Obviously, if you can eat alot of food, it's worth the price, but is the food at these parks even worth purchasing (other than standard burgers and fries)? Are the rules limiting (like, only being able to order one of 2 items at each food location, etc.)

Re: So Cal Pass? All-day food vouchers???

don't have an answer but i consider the food in Sea World some of the most tasty theme park food in the area. I don't really care for the food in USH i have had bad experiences with their food.

• Functional & Decorative

Yeah, I have to admit that I'm surprised no one's answered either. I've never done the city pass, but I imagine that if you actually attend all the parks they offer, the deal is legit. I just think they gamble that most people don't have the time or energy to take full advantage of it--that's the only catch I know of.

I do agree with Sea World having some pretty good food. I didn't even know they had an all you can eat pass there... if you're spending the day there, I'd go for it!

The food at Universal has gotten better, but it's generally still not much to write home about. If you are looking for the convenience of being able to just eat quickly and efficiently in the park to maximize your time there, I would definitely go for it. If you are more interested in pricier quality food, take the time to go out to Citywalk... there are a lot more (and generally better) food options out there. Including the LA institution, Pinks!
    Does anyone even bother with signatures anymore?

While I haven't done the CityPass (I can't help you there), I have done both of the All-You-Can-Eat packages at both USH and Sea World.

IF (and that's a big if) you are going to be at the park all day, then, yes, they are worth it. They don't include a drink, so buy one of the big drink containers that allow refills.

USH had a limited set of restaurants that you can use it at. Panda Express, Mel's Diner, Doc Brown's Chicken (seasonal) and one other I believe. We only used it for Panda and Mel's.

Sea World had a more limited set of locations, but the food is MUCH better at Sea World. It too did not include a drink.

As long as you're going to eat at least 2 meals at the parks, it's definitely a good deal. If you're only eating one meal, then skip the pass and just get what you would normally.

For the Zoo or WAP, we always pack a picnic. Both parks allow you to bring food in, so we usually pack a backpack full of sandwiches, snacks, bottles of water with mix-ins, etc. At the zoo, grab a table and have a nice lunch. At the WAP, there are several picnic areas around the grounds. We prefer the area around the Okavango Outpost. Nice open area in the heart of Africa area.

Hope it helps...
    Last edited by VL1000; 07-31-2010 at 07:07 AM.

Thanks for all the great info! I'll pass it on (and will definitely check out the food next time I go to SW).