• Banned User

Twilight coming to Universal soon too?

God I hope not. I just don't get it, Universal can survive without having franchises they just don't personally own. They can get away with Transformers because Universal has the rights to DreamWorks films released internationally (except South Korea), and the offices are located on the Universal lot too. Yes, Transformers is co-financed by Paramount domestically as well but Universal does have a stake in the Transformer franchise.

Anyway, according to a recent Orlando Business Journal article, a good hand full of people took a Universal Orlando resort survey recently. To test visitors what they would like to see at future Universal Orlando theme parks, with interest in popular film franchises such as Avatar, Lord of the Rings, and Twilight has becoming part of the theme park landscape. From new lands to new attractions to merchandise, and character interactions.

Source: A new country at Epcot? - Orlando Business Journal
    ^The above link also mentions possible new land coming to Epcot Center, and Disney has green-lighted the much talked about Monsters Inc roller coaster at Disney's Hollywood Studios.
    Last edited by JMora; 08-11-2010 at 10:49 AM.

• Banned User

Re: Twilight coming to Universal soon too?

I seriously doubt it will happen. I think they're aware that this whole Twilight thing is just a fad and by the time they even open a Twilight attraction, the whole hype of the franchise will just die away. Case-in-point, why do you think they're cranking out these movie so quickly? I mean right after the last one came out, they announced another one coming next summer or fall (I can't remember.)

• Only the Lonely

Blog Entries

Oh god NO....don't they realize NOT everyone is a fan of that series
    "Your dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway." Walt Disney

[

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

OK, so the article says the likely new country for EPCOT would be Spain.

BLECHHHH!!!!! C'mon! There are at least a dozen other countries that would be much more interesting than Spain! Enough Western European countries!!!!

Over at Universal Orlando, the Universal ‘Blue Sky’ Survey asks in-depth questions about how fans feel about the Lord of the Rings, SpongeBob Squarepants, Twilight, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory and the smash-hit film Avatar being involvedinmerchandise, rides, meet-and-greet characters or an entire theme park or themed area based on these franchises.
    First of all, does Universal call it's creative department "Blue Sky", too?????

Next, sounds like they are just determining which characters and franchises have most appeal, not necessarily that the are going to have meet and greets, let alone even develope a ride for these.

If it's just a meet and greet, with the popularity of Twighlight, that sounds like it might draw some people. Remember a few years ago, Hercules and Xena were meet and greet. And when the popularity dies down, just get rid of character.

• Shablagoo!

Actually Universal has been sending out surveys with different movies mentioned in them for years. I have been on their survey list for quite a while and I have seen just about every movie that is currently possible on the surveys. Other movies I have seen on them include Austin Powers and 300. So do not worry folks. It is only a survey.

• mountains beyond mtns.

Quote Originally Posted by cositaluvsmickey View Post
    Oh god NO....don't they realize NOT everyone is a fan of that series
    But Cosita, by the same token, there is no series/franchise that everyone is a fan of.

Personally, I think USH especially needs any attraction it can get. I don't care if it's a Twilight stage show or parade or a retheming of the Monster Maze. Greater attendance numbers would convince park management to spend more on developing new attractions, at least in theory.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

I could see them bringing them in as face characters. Like they do with the Flinstones, Scooby, etc. I honestly could not imagine a larger integration... At most I could see a scare zone at HHN that would be a much darker version, but that is about it.

• "CA - CA! RAWRRR!"

No Twilight for me. Harry Potter is better enough