Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Banned User

Jaws: The Ride to be history?

While we have heard rumors about the closure of Orlando attraction before in the past, it seems a new survey is being tossed around to guests. This time asking the public opinion of Jaws: The Ride.

Meanwhile, a new "Virtual Queue" loading system has been going on the past weekend, you can read all about here: Orlando Theme Parks News: Universal tries Virtual Queue

• Shablagoo!

Re: Jaws: The Ride to be history?

Well time to dust off this old gem.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10thnMMfWTw]YouTube - Jaws the Musical: How to Tune a Fish[/ame]

• Banned User

Good riddance I hope not! That ride is a classic! If anything, they should polish it up a tad by adding/changing some scenes, but by no means should they get rid of it! Same with ET! They could polish up the effects on there as well but if they get rid of it? No... I can already see Steven Spielberg pouting in his office.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

I LOVE THIS RIDE!!!!!! I know all the reasons why they keep getting rid of it. But in all honestly I am much more fond of Jaws than I am The Jungle Cruise. I love love love Jaws at night!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Don't diss my bonnet

the location of my profile picture is Knott's in 1972, i'm about 10 months old.

we absolutely LOVED Jaws when we were in orlando back in 2007, and i'm really looking forward to riding it again this year when we go to HHN
    Will there be screams when the sun sets,
    -=Is It October Yet?=-

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkermonkey
    elly is the ultimate nerdy girl. But she makes it sexy
    Quote Originally Posted by pratt55
    Elly is adorkable.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

I've never been on Jaws and it makes me mad. I wanted to finally ride it last summer, but my BF got sick on the Simpsons ride (dumbbell didn't tell me he can't do thrill rides) and couldn't even handle something simple after that, which kind of ruined the rest of the day.

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Jaws is continually on the chopping block. But people love this ride.

It would be smart for Universal to enhance some of the effects and props and then start promoting the ride again. Take a queue from Disney, everything old is new again, when you give it a little TLC.
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

I can't understand why Universal is continually looking to gut classics like Jaws and E.T. when they've got so much unused space in the Florida Studios park.

Demo the Fear Factor theater or the old Hard Rock cafe, build something between Men in Black and Simpsons, put something in the empty Murder She Wrote/Hercules building, replace the Donkey meet n greet in Studio 54. . . .the park is filled with empty spaces to utilize without trashing classic attractions.

It's a little like if Disney were proposing to demolish It's a Small World and Peter Pan's Magic Flight in Magic Kingdom's fantasyland for new attractions rather than use the Pooh's Playful Spot/old Natilus lagoon area.
    Forget 'Great Moments With Mr. Lincoln,' Samantha Brown is Disney's most sophisticated animatronic.
    Tokyo Disneyland: 2009, 2012
    Disneyland Paris: 2010
    Hong Kong Disneyland: 2012
    Universal Orlando: 2007, 2010 (twice!)
    Efteling:2011
    Lotte World: 2012

Blog Entries

Jaws is a very expensive ride for them to operate, so I understand why they keep looking to cut it. However, should they do so I may never go back again. Its my single favorite attraction in the entire park. I normally die it 3-4 times whenever I visit.

• will-o-the-whip

I can't imagine they'd get rid of Jaws, it's a signature attraction for the park. Then again so was ET so... who knows?

I just got back from Universal two weeks ago. As much as I think Jaws is sort of lame, it is a classic. I think it just needs some sprucing up a bit. I still have a laugh when we stick my younger brother on the end where Jaws comes up. You would think he would know by now not to scream like a girl and he is 21. lol! So I would be upset if they took it out.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by JMora View Post
    While we have heard rumors about the closure of Orlando attraction before in the past, it seems a new survey is being tossed around to guests. This time asking the public opinion of Jaws: The Ride.
    There's a ride for Jaws??? How is it? What's it like?

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Quote Originally Posted by kcnole View Post
    Jaws is a very expensive ride for them to operate, so I understand why they keep looking to cut it. However, should they do so I may never go back again. Its my single favorite attraction in the entire park. I normally die it 3-4 times whenever I visit.
    It is very expensive. Between the Natural Gas, the premium pay for Team Members, and the maintenance on the custom ride vehicles and the ride system... (parts of the lagoon are over 40 feet deep), it is one very expensive attraction to run.

That being said, it really gives the park it's character, and really makes an impression on people.

I like Dusty's idea. Add some new effects, spruce it up a bit, and remarket it.

Besides being a fan favorite, replacing Jaws would require retheming that whole section of the park. I don't see it.

Instead of Jaws being considered for removal they need to consider tearing out Disaster/earthquake. thats a large area that could be better used for something better.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast