• Feeeel the power Kronk...

10 min away from the happiest place on earth!!

Halloween Horror Night auditions

Does anyone know where I can look for the auditions that are held for this event. I know I have missed this years, but its never too early to start prepping!

I am sure there have been threads of this nature before... or maybe another forum? I would certainly appreciate a point in the right direction!

And I know about the auditions that are publicly posted on the web... I am looking for the insiders scoop!

Thanks!!
    check out my band then like us (if you want)!

MoJo SoNiC

"your face, she will be on everybodys tongue!"

• Minion

Re: Halloween Horror Night auditions

HHN audition notices go out in August. All USH hourly jobs can be found at ushjobs.com

• Feeeel the power Kronk...

10 min away from the happiest place on earth!!

Thank you. I do have that. I heard that they pick the same people most every year and that when they need new actors, they look to local schools... sound right?
    check out my band then like us (if you want)!

MoJo SoNiC

"your face, she will be on everybodys tongue!"

• Minion

Idk if most of the scareactors are rehires from the previous year but you have to be at least 18 to work HHN due to late hours so they don't scout at the local schools.

Auditions for HHN are posted here:
    Universal Studios Hollywood - Entertainment Jobs - Audition Schedule

They normally have the auditions in late July or early August. They do not need to recruit from schools since so many people attend the auditions. This year, 3,000 people auditioned for 410 spots. Girls have a tough time. There were over 1,000 girls who auditioned and only 70 of us were hired. I'm a returning scareactor, but everyone goes through the same audition.

If you are going to go to auditions next year, I will tell you to get there an hour or two in advance. People who are union members (AGVA) get to go first. Then general auditions start. This year, there were people who waited several hours to audition because they showed up at the start time. I was there 90 minutes early and was one of the first union members to go in.

It's a great job with decent pay. I encourage everyone to audition, but to understand that you might not get cast the first year you try out.