• Banned User

Didn't see news of this as of late here but several weeks ago, word has surfaced. Remember a while back, around August, when guests were asked a questionnaire of what attractions they want to see happen, and dislike, etc. Well, it seems the audience has spoken and Universal just might be moving ahead, and talking with James Cameron to replace T2 3-D: Battle Across Time with a Avatar 4D attraction, shooting for a 2014 opening at both Hollywood & Orlando. Which will be the year Avatar 2 will be released.

Sources: Universal Studios Hollywood plans seven new attractions, end of Terminator 2: 3D | Theme Park Tourist / Universal Studios Hollywood

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Re: Avavtar to replace Terminator

Rumor...no News announcement about this yet. I guess it could be cool...a 3D show replacing Terminator just seems like the Simpsons replacing BTTF....the original is almost always better because of nostalgia.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

with all the International visitors coming to Orlando for the WWoHP, Avatar would be perfect. But the status of this project is a bit muddy at this point. Both UO and UH want to get rid of Terminator. While it is a GREAT theme park attraction, at this point with 2 movies past where it is, it just feels antiquated... and I feel the same way about Shrek 4-D

• www.JonAutopsy.com

I agree. I think it's time for Shrek 4D to go, along with the Curious George area. They can definitely put something much better there.

As much as I enjoy Waterworld, I've heard multiple rumors in the past that that show is on its way out. Anyone know anything about that?
    "NATURAL BORN KILLERS"
    1st Place - MiceChat Gumball Rally 2012

JON AUTOPSY - FACEBOOK

• keh!

aww i like Terminator. i say replace Shrek before T2, that show is such a chore. but an Avatar attraction sounds very cool. the only thing is, enough film on screen attractions! The Simpsons, Shrek, King Kong, Avatar (if it happens). seems like a lot of sit down and watch a screen experiences.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Autopsy View Post
    I agree. I think it's time for Shrek 4D to go, along with the Curious George area. They can definitely put something much better there.

As much as I enjoy Waterworld, I've heard multiple rumors in the past that that show is on its way out. Anyone know anything about that?
    Although I think it would be nice to put a new ride in the Curious George/Shrek area, we would lose a really good maze location for HHN. But if they do that, they could always have a make-shift location in the tram garage, Gibson lawn, or something for one or two years and then create a new maze location after the new ride opens. Queue for the maze AND ride would be a bit of a problem though. As for the pay area, they could easily move that to where Coke Soak is now.

Also, about the WaterWorld rumor, even though I don't have any solid sources or knowledge, I've only heard one off-the-wall rumor on another forum site (Won't tell the name here, but it IS Universal-related) that pointed out that WaterWorld could be on its way out come 2013 for a new ride. Again, just an off-the wall rumor.

Quote Originally Posted by Flickering Bulb View Post
    aww i like Terminator. i say replace Shrek before T2, that show is such a chore. but an Avatar attraction sounds very cool. the only thing is, enough film on screen attractions! The Simpsons, Shrek, King Kong, Avatar (if it happens). seems like a lot of sit down and watch a screen experiences.
    I agree. However, they can't replace it with much else due to the limited amount of stress the structure can handle; however, it would be cool to see a 21st century 3D show that combines live action, SFX, and 3D imagery. We'll see how it turns out. After this and Transformers, I want to see only 100% or 99% physical effects attractions.

• Closed Account

Re: Avatar to replace Terminator?

Don't hold your breath.