• Banned User

Discount tickets at Wal Mart or other stores?

Hi folks. I heard that I can get good discounts on Universal tickets at Wal Mart or other stores when I get to Orlando. Does anyone know if this will be less expensive than buying tickets to Universal in advance on the Universal website? What kind of prices can you get at Wal Mart for a two day Universal park hopper, for instance?
    A couple more Universal questions: how much does it cost to get the Express Pass at the gate, and is there a cheaper option? Do we have the option of getting an Express Pass after going into the park and checking out the wait times?
    Thanks for the info! I will be there on May 22-23.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Re: Discount tickets at Wal Mart or other stores?

Tickets are my specialty. All retail outlets minus some weird deals at Costco, have the same pricing. I personally recommend the MiceChat Partner Orlando Fun Tickets Discount Walt Disney World Tickets - Buy Orlando Attraction Tickets at Cheap Prices for Universal Studios Tickets. They are good, trustworthy, and have great deals (I did used to work for them).

Let me know if you have questions about the tickets.

About Express. There are no discounts on Express. The only way you can really "save" on it, is if you are staying at one of the 3 official Universal Orlando Resort Hotels. Then Express Pass is included with your stay.

I hope this helps.
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

• Banned User

Thanks, Eric. Unfortunately, the on-site hotels are just too steep for me.
    Do you know if we can buy an Express Pass after checking out the wait times?

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Quote Originally Posted by disneyfann121 View Post
    Thanks, Eric. Unfortunately, the on-site hotels are just too steep for me.
    Do you know if we can buy an Express Pass after checking out the wait times?
    A both Islands of Adventure and Universal Studios, there are numerous retail locations that sell Express Pass.

At Universal Studios, you can buy them at the Qwiki Mart, at the Men in Black gift shops (which are the back of the park). At Islands of Adventure you can buy them at the Jurassic Park Discovery Center and the main store in Toon Lagoon.

But remember they do sell out if it is a crowded day. I always let people know that you can determine the value of Express pass based on it's price for that day (the more expensive the more crowded).

So when you are visiting...
    May 22nd: $25.00
    May 23rd: $19.00
    https://secure.universalstudios.com/...x?CG=UO&C=IUEP

Just so you know the price goes all the way up to 59.99. Personally speaking when the price is that low, it means the crowds are going to be pretty light. Both Islands of Adventure and Universal Studios have great themed queues that are fun to experience, so I would personally pass on Express pass.

I hope this helps.
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

• Banned User

OK, thanks. If I have to wait a lot for Harry Potter, it might be worth it to cut the lines on other attractions, for that price.

Are those prices for a single park, or both? When I went to Universal in May of 2009, I was charged $50 for an Express Pass at the front gate, but that was good for both parks (sorry, the link you provided doesn't work on my lame computer).
    Last edited by disneyfann121; 01-15-2011 at 12:17 PM.