Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Banned User

Wizzarding World Expansion Planned

Apparently, according to Screamscape, a Potterverse phase 2 attraction is in the works.

Development Phase - (1/26/11) Screamscape sources tell us that survey markings are appearing in backstage areas behind the remainder of The Lost Continent as they attempt to map out how Phase 2 of the Wizarding World of Harry Potter will take shape. It would be easy to convert Sinbad into a new live action show, but what kind of attraction could make good use of the Poseidonís Fury structure?

From the sounds of it, it sounds like you may want to enjoy Poseidon's Fury while you still can.

• (Not a) New User

Re: Wizzarding World Expansion Planned

That's sad. As much as I enjoyed WWoHP, I don't think it should consume other lands to expand it. I really loved the theming of the Lost Continent, I thought it was the best themed land IMO. Poseidon's Fury was really cool, although I heard it used to be even better. I heard the Sinbad show was really awesome too.

My Twitter! CardfightrHuntr

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyKid1994 View Post
    That's sad. As much as I enjoyed WWoHP...
    Why is it that I suddenly want a BK Whopper?

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyKid1994 View Post
    That's sad. As much as I enjoyed WWoHP, I don't think it should consume other lands to expand it. I really loved the theming of the Lost Continent, I thought it was the best themed land IMO. Poseidon's Fury was really cool, although I heard it used to be even better. I heard the Sinbad show was really awesome too.
    I love the theming as well. It's kinds sad considering it's the only non-character/franchise-based island in the entire park. I would like to see Poseidon's stay and Sinbad go for another ride, personally. As for the Sinbad show, it was actually pure cheese when I saw it. It felt like it was geared to just kids.

• Banned User

Back in JAN 14
    Tom Felton Made Universal Orlando Promise To Add Something Malfoy-Related To Wizarding World

Posted 1/14/11 10:32 am ET by Terri Schwartz in Movies, Random Yet Notable

With snow blanketing many parts of the country, I'm sure we all wish we could pack our bags and head somewhere warm. That's exactly what "Harry Potter" star Tom Felton decided to do after Christmas. In fact, not only did he fly to a sunshiny locale (Florida), he also revisited the Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Universal Orlando.

We caught up with Tom in Los Angeles recently, and he told us a bit about his recent trip. "I drove up from Miami to Orlando with my misses just to sort of pop into Hogwarts, and I spoke to the people there," he explained. He said he was amazed by "all the youngsters waving wands about."
    The Wizarding World recently celebrated its millionth butterbeer sold, and we doubt the deluge of visits to Hogsmeade and Hogwarts will slow down any time soon. But with the park still so popular and inundated by visitors, we asked Tom if he knew of any plans to expand it further.

"We were talking about that," Tom admitted. "I made them promise me that if they ever have plans of expansion they put a Malfoy manor in or maybe a Slytherin common room or something like that."

Word on the street is that Universal Orlando is planning on getting rid of The Lost Continent, the (unnecessarily large) part of Islands of Adventure next to Wizarding World, in order to expand the "Harry Potter" portion even further. While that's just the rumor we've heard circulating around the Potter fansites—and is in no way confirmed—we're sure that Universal is planning some sort of expansion in the near future.

I would love it if the Shrieking Shack or Weasley household made an appearance at the park, or even 12 Grimmauld Place. Even though Wizarding World is technically only supposed to be around the Hogsmeade/Hogwarts area, I feel Universal could easily get around the fact the Burrow and Malfoy manor are farther away by having visitors "use" a Portkey or Floo power or even Apparate to get there, just like they allegedly got to Hogwarts by taking the Hogwarts Express. Just as long as Malfoy manor has peacocks walking around like the in the books, I'll be a happy camper.

Hmmm. Interesting rumors. It seems unclear whether they plan on eliminating Lost Continent, or simply expanding into its backstage areas.

I recently made my first visit and I have to say that, Midway-type "games" aside, the Lost Continent was my favorite land in terms of visual and immersive theming. Yes Potterland was well themed too--but on a visual level it was relatively plain compared to Lost Continent. I also agree that it would be a shame to lose the only land not dedicated to licensed properties!

I do think the Sinbad show was cheesy and could be eliminated or re-themed and also that Poseidon could use an update to freshen the story, but I would hate for the land to lose its identity. Adding a new attraction in Lost Continent and/or replacing Sinbad could make for an awesome experience.

If Potter needs to expand, I'd much rather see Jurassic Park disappear--that was the most disappointing land in the entire park for me.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by BrerDan View Post
    If Potter needs to expand, I'd much rather see Jurassic Park disappear--that was the most disappointing land in the entire park for me.
    If T-rex heard you, better get in that Jeep with Dr. Ellie...

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BrerDan View Post
    I do think the Sinbad show was cheesy and could be eliminated or re-themed and also that Poseidon could use an update to freshen the story, but I would hate for the land to lose its identity. Adding a new attraction in Lost Continent and/or replacing Sinbad could make for an awesome experience.

I completely agree. Lost Continent was the best themed land at IoA and it would be a shame to lose it (though I am willing to see that happen in the name of Potter). A better solution would be to expand into the much less exciting Jurassic Park area or into current backstage areas.

I'm sure they are starting to regret selling off their 3rd park lands.
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Are they adding a "Z" to the name?

• Nutty about Disney parks

They need to go with my idea (selfish me) but here it is...

They've already lost the rights to Marvel as it is. So they could tear that place down and sell it off to Disney or whatever. Then use that area for the Harry Potter expansion consisting of Diagon Alley. Then they could build like a Hogwarts Express train that can quickly take guests from that part of the park to the other.

Hahaha I know it's a stupid idea but placing a Diagon Alley right next to Hogsmeade is too awkward IMO.
    Toonaspie: I have Asperger's. I like cartoons. Toonaspie!

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by Dustysage View Post
    I completely agree. Lost Continent was the best themed land at IoA and it would be a shame to lose it (though I am willing to see that happen in the name of Potter). A better solution would be to expand into the much less exciting Jurassic Park area or into current backstage areas.

I'm sure they are starting to regret selling off their 3rd park lands.
    I guess all that's going to be left is mythos restaurant...and that might even be stylized into a Potter themed restaurant. Your backstage area would have been the best expansion option, Rusty.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Screamscape had an update on this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Screamscape
    According to one rumor, Universal is looking into having the expansion of the Wizarding World of Harry Potter finished by 2013… which is confidently the same time that Disney should be done with their Fantasyland expansion down the road. (I love it when they play nasty…)

As for the expansion, the plans are still being worked on, but the general idea is to take over the rest of Lost Continent, though at the same time they do not want to disturb the Mythos restaurant. (Just my 2 cents… but just place the new gateway to the Wizarding World just beyond the entrance of Mythos to avoid the clash.) The obvious and early idea here right now is to re-create a Diagon Alley environment… full of more theme appropriate shops to sell merchandise of course. An action show of some kind is being tossed around to replace Sinbad, and one possible storyline could involve the TriWizard Tournament. As for what may become of Poseidon’s Fury… the jury is still out, and many ideas are said to be on the table, however one possible idea under consideration would be an indoor steel coaster ride themed to Gringotts Wizarding Bank vaults seen in the first film. In case you’ve forgotten, check out the video embedded below.
    I am not really sure how you could really keep a land if it only has one restaurant and nothing else.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
    Are they adding a "Z" to the name?
    LOL!

We'll need to confer with Zorro as JK Rowlings has a long established contract with him to make all of the Potter Z's.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    Screamscape had an update on this.

I am not really sure how you could really keep a land if it only has one restaurant and nothing else.
    Universal figure's that they'll just plan the expansion and then ride it out.

Quote Originally Posted by toonaspie View Post
    They need to go with my idea (selfish me) but here it is...

They've already lost the rights to Marvel as it is. So they could tear that place down and sell it off to Disney or whatever. Then use that area for the Harry Potter expansion consisting of Diagon Alley. Then they could build like a Hogwarts Express train that can quickly take guests from that part of the park to the other.

Hahaha I know it's a stupid idea but placing a Diagon Alley right next to Hogsmeade is too awkward IMO.
    Universal hasn't lost the rights to Marvel. They haven't violated the terms of the contract or sold the rights, which are the only ways they could "lose" them. Marvel Island isn't going anywhere. Besides, Wizarding World is on the opposite side of the park.

I would hate to see the rest of LC replaced with Potter, but they're going to do whatever makes them the most $$$. Meh.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

I think this is prudent to add to WWoHP quicker instead of later. I think that this dog fight between resorts is about to get crrrazy, but I think that we the guests will benefit in the end.
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast