• Banned User

Woody Woodpecker Film in Works = New Attraction for Universal Parks?

According to Screamscape, Universal and Illumination are currently working on a Woody Woodpecker feature-length film. If the film becomes successful, I could very easily see it become a replacement for Shrek in both Universal Orlando. If they do replace the Shrek shows in both parks, I hope they utilize new seats that are something like this:

Simnoa - 4D cinema in Slovenia.wmv - YouTube

If they did that, it would freshen the experience and be a descent "revamp" to draw in some crowds. It would be cool to see some scent, wind, and lateral seat motion added. What do you think?

• Iron-Clad Allie

Re: Woody Woodpecker Film in Works = New Attraction for Universal Parks?

Quote Originally Posted by Freakazoid112 View Post
    According to Screamscape, Universal and Illumination are currently working on a Woody Woodpecker feature-length film. If the film becomes successful, I could very easily see it become a replacement for Shrek in both Universal Orlando. If they do replace the Shrek shows in both parks, I hope they utilize new seats that are something like this:

Simnoa - 4D cinema in Slovenia.wmv - YouTube

If they did that, it would freshen the experience and be a descent "revamp" to draw in some crowds. It would be cool to see some scent, wind, and lateral seat motion added. What do you think?
    This is great news! A new Woody the Woodpecker movie would likely invilve CG toon characters and take place in the real world like other classics gone modern such as Yogi Bear and The Smurfs.

If anything could successfullu replace the Shrek attraction, Woody could.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• Banned User

^I hope it's just strictly animated. Mixing it with CG and live action, to me, would ruin it.

Whatever the case, if Universal does this, then at least Universal would be using one their own properties for a theme park attraction.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by Freakazoid112 View Post
    ^I hope it's just strictly animated. Mixing it with CG and live action, to me, would ruin it.

Whatever the case, if Universal does this, then at least Universal would be using one their own properties for a theme park attraction.
    If the film were to be completely animated, that would actually be different - as all the recent classic cartoons that I remember have been CG mixed with reality. So, I would enjoy a completely animated feature film.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

^??? What do you mean...Pixar (besides Wall-E) have always been just CGI.....besides crap like the Smurfs and Yogi Bear most CGI movies are just CGI movies with NO humans

If it goes onto both humans and CGI cartoons......it wont be as good.....only a small faction of movies have done that right (Roger Rabbit) and stuff like Hop was ok but if it was JUST a CGI film I bet it would have been better