Question about the Hogwarts Express.

I noticed from recent photos that the trains only face one direction. So when the train leaves from the Diagon Alleys, is it leaving in reverse? And when it arrives to Hogsmead, does it arrive backing in? That doesn't seem to be very good show. Someone please clarify this.

• Under that tree again!

Re: Question about the Hogwarts Express.

They had to really squeeze the train in. It's an elevated point to point train. No room to make loops or a wye.

I do think that with it being an important park to park element they should of done better.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

Quote Originally Posted by Musingineer View Post
    I noticed from recent photos that the trains only face one direction. So when the train leaves from the Diagon Alleys, is it leaving in reverse? And when it arrives to Hogsmead, does it arrive backing in? That doesn't seem to be very good show. Someone please clarify this.
    The trains face Hogsmeade, which is the only station where you'll see them moving. In Diagon, the train will already be there when you reach the platform, avoiding any show issues.

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    I do think that with it being an important park to park element they should of done better.
    In a bit of a rush to judge, are we?
    Last edited by JtnOrl; 05-29-2014 at 10:00 PM.

Ok, that's cool and everything but the train is still backing out of Hogsmead to go to Diagon Alley which isn't an authentic departure. A train backing out of a station to embark on a journey is not accurate. If it does indeed back out I'll be extremely disappointed. It seems so tacky! But I guess in time we will know.

Ok, that's cool and everything but the train is still backing out of Hogsmead to go to Diagon Alley which isn't an authentic departure. A train backing out of a station to embark on a journey is not accurate. If it does indeed back out I'll be extremely disappointed. It seems so tacky! But I guess in time we will know.
    You won't know the train is going in reverse. You'll only be on the platform when it arrives.
    Last edited by JtnOrl; 05-30-2014 at 12:47 PM.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

The creator of the universe seems to think it accurate enough.

JtnOrl, how do you know for sure? But still, if waiting for the HogE at Hogsmead, are you viewing it back in?

• Singing Drinker

JtnOrl, how do you know for sure? But still, if waiting for the HogE at Hogsmead, are you viewing it back in?
    If they're smart and thinking about the source material, the train at the terminals should always be waiting for the guests. Think about it. The characters don't hang out for the trains, they're always rushing after them or just missing them. Rowling would likely want the guests to have that same experience - rush through the actual station platform with the actors, board the train just before departure and off you go. Same at either station.
    Credibility is to be sought for. Credulity is not. Sadly the latter is our normal human state.

• Certified in everything

… and the fact that the Start Tours vehicles never move makes that an inauthentic ride? If you don't see the trains when they are moving from the outside, and can't tell that you are moving in the wrong direction from the inside, does it matter?
    Disneyland Wooooh!

"You see- Everybody's got a laughin' place, trouble is most folks won't take the time to go look for it."

So how do you propose making it so the entire train can turn around and face the other direction when it arrives at each station? Think about how long the rides are going to be to get on this thing, and how much space is really available.
    "Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money." - ​Walt Disney

Insiders. And no, the trains are always facing Hogsmeade.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

The track is visible from the air. The ride system is a Doppelmayr cable car system with passing tracks at the mid point.

Well I guess in light of recent information, do the guest who are waiting for the next train actually see it arrive and depart? Either it be Hogsmead or Diagon.