Sneak peek: Harry Potter's Diagon Alley

Sneak peek: Harry Potter's Diagon Alley - CNN.com

Kind of goes into a little more detail about the rides and what to expect inside the Hogwarts express. Not fully, but a little more detail from what I've heard. Also, what is offered at the shops and restaurants.

• Nutty about Disney parks

Re: Sneak peek: Harry Potter's Diagon Alley

I'm still flabbergasted by the amount of stuff that will be in Diagon Alley. I originally assumed it would be similar to Hogsmeade in size and scope (with one ride instead of three). But they really stepped it up in the detail and available experiences. It actually looks more immersive than Hogsmeade does for some reason but I imagine it's because Diagon Alley is enclosed from the rest of the park so it does feel like you're stepping in a completely different world.

I have a feeling opening day is going to be even more insane than it was four years ago with Hogsmeade...especially with those narrow entryways into the land. The bottlenecking is gonna be tons of fun I'll bet.

I am amazed at how every reporter does little to get accurate information when reporting a specific event or article.

first of all every article I have read puts the ride on the hogwarts express from 2 minutes long to 8 minutes long That's quite a big difference in time.

also is this writer suggesting that the new Potter area is 20 acres? I really doubt that this new area is that large. That would make it almost half the size of the original DCA park which was around 55 acres. Paradise Pier Bay is 4 acres so that would make Diagon alley 5 times the size of Paradise Bay.

Did I read something wrong or is that a huge typo
    Last edited by Baloo; 06-23-2014 at 10:30 AM.

I read somewhere that it's four minutes. So, yeah, I think people are getting mixed signals.

However, the general idea of what is on the rides and what is there seems to be just about the same, especially since a lot of articles have been coming out with photos along with everything.

As for the acres, I do not know. There seems to be a lot. Two rides made from scratch, more than one show, and restaurants and shops. On Google Earth, the Gringott's ride itself takes a lot of space. I cannot judge based off of the original DCA, because I never been there.

As for the time, I do not where they get the number. They're still testing things out, so for some it could be longer, for some it could be shorter, or might be reporting based off of what other people who said.

Some things seem to be off sometimes, but as for the general description of what everything is, seems to be about the same.