Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Back to the Future to Close

^ sweet!! see - i've never been to florida so i have absolutely no idea about the stuff out there. i know of some things, but most i don't. i guess i was confusing the hulk with spiderman. hehe

if they don't need to build more, then i don't see why they couldn't put this ride out here. that would be wicked.

thanks for the info!
    kingdom hearts <3er

• Minion

I love the one here in Hollywood
    Then again last time i went I was 7...

• Functional & Decorative

Well, USH will have to do something with their BTTF in the not too distant future... the entire storyline of the ride is based into visiting the far off future of... 2015. Not exactly all that far off, by now. If nothing's done, they'll soon have to call it Back to the Past.
    Does anyone even bother with signatures anymore?

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

So the ride is finally going "Back to" the drawing boards?

• madaboutdisney

Do you think they'll replace it with a similar motion type ride, or something completely different
    I Gravitate towards anything that Sparkles

• ...TWO BITS!

1) Yes, it's rumored only for USF for now.

2) Universal wanted to do a Simpsons ride for a while now. But 20th Century Fox wouldn't allow them the theme park rights because they didn't want the attraction to harm the TV ratings. Now that the show is nearing its end and the movie is coming out next year, it seems like a pretty good time for theme park rights.

3) There are no outdoor coasters for USH because (I'm pretty sure this is true) USH has a REAL WORKING STUDIO. Fireworks, roller coasters, and screams would probably interrupt production in the backlot.

4) Wild West was closed (I think) due to stunt regulations that needed to be upgraded/ stunt people got hurt... One rumor was for it to return as Zorro (influenced by "The Legend of Zorro"). But that sequel didn't do too well in the theaters, which is why you sometimes see Zorro and his lady friend walking in the park- to test audience reaction. Right now SOMETHING is going on in the theater. I talked to an employee, he said they were constructing a picnic area- I really doubt it.

5) The Spider-Man attraction was rumored to take its place where Wateworld plays. But that show is still packing in the crowds and popular (not to mention a recent refurbhisment), it's going to stay there for a while longer.

6) A Spider-Man attraction COULD be possible for the BTTF show building. But if they go with Simpsons, my thoughts would be they'd theme the building as the Nuclear Power Plant. Homer is assigned to give a grand tour and something goes wrong. Riders get a wild ride through Springfield. This is just my thoughts, not a rumor.

But it WAS rumored Simpsons may get new 3D film, glasses, vehicles with 4D SFX, themeing, etc

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Loved the movcies... hated the ride. But... The Simpsons? Aren't they owned by FOX?

• ...TWO BITS!

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    Loved the movcies... hated the ride. But... The Simpsons? Aren't they owned by FOX?
    *COUGH* *COUGH* *COUGH*

Quote Originally Posted by filmfreak11 View Post
    2) Universal wanted to do a Simpsons ride for a while now. But 20th Century Fox wouldn't allow them the theme park rights because they didn't want the attraction to harm the TV ratings. Now that the show is nearing its end and the movie is coming out next year, it seems like a pretty good time for theme park rights.

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

Universal can license different studios characters. Examples: Jimmy Neutron's Nicktoon Blast-Viacom(USF), Men In Black: Alien Attack-Sony (USF),A Day in the Park with Barney-Hit Entertainment (USF).

So a Simpson ride wouldn't be a problem. Universal had planned a Simpson based Island for Islands Of Adventure but it fell through. It would have been near Toon Lagoon.

I was just at Universal Orlando recently and rode Back To The Future. It is indeed closing next month. If you look behind of Back To The Future, you can see that Universal is cleaning land behind it. So if you are going to miss the good old Dr.Brown. You better get to Universal Orlando before September 15. From that point, only Universal Hollywood and Universal Studios Japan will have the attraction. Kind of like E.T., only Orlando and Japan have it since Hollywood closed for Mummy.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

I guess Universal wants to get rid of BTTF because the movie is older and not many of the kids know what it is.
    I find that hard to believe because the Back to the Future movies are shown on cable all the time.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    I find that hard to believe because the Back to the Future movies are shown on cable all the time.
    Yeah thats true, there on at least once a month I've seen them many times on TV yet I still bought the Box set becuase I love them that much.
    But I hate to see it go yet at the same time I think its time for change I never thought it was the best ride I like Star tours more...
    But I hope we get either Simpsons or Spiderman in Universal Studios Hollywood. Change can be a good thing.

I guess your right, they do show the movies alot but wheather it appeals to the younger ones is another question.

And I heard that one of the sides has already been closed. Making lines longer for the ride.
    Last edited by BackIntoYourSystem; 08-28-2006 at 09:39 AM.

• Just this guy......

Quote Originally Posted by Hilsbro_Mclemington_III View Post
    I personally think they should put the Adventures of spiderman ride there....that would be awsome
    AoS is a big ride. I dont' think that it would fit into the same space as the BttF location.

• ...TWO BITS!

^ Well, I've always had in the back of my head USH wouldn't get a carbon-copy clone of IoA's AoS. Instead, redo what is already in BttF to make a new Spider-Man/Marvel movie simulater attraction. The whole building is themed as the Daily Planet. When you enter the site, it's administration and lobby. You go through hallways to 1st floor queue themed as printing machines, 2nd floor queue themed as photolab, and 3rd floor is meeting/ computer/ research rooms. The waiting room before going to the waiting room for the cars would be JJ's office, secretary office, or something. The final waiting room is the parts and maintenance room, then the room with the cars is the garage.

They would probably try to go all out with 3D, leg ticklers, get you wet, fog/smoke, etc.

-Jurassic Park

• Mountain Dew User

Blog Entries

ummm, I would hate to see the BTTF building turned into a lame show.. no metter what it is, they barley have enough rides as it is... why take out the ones that already exist? I say if they are going to get rid of it, put some type of thrill ride there, or update it and turn it into some other simulator ride.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast