Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• Banned User

Re: Universal HL VS Universal HL?

Count me in as one who prefers Universal Hollywood over the the Florida resort. You just can't beat that awesome view of the valley and backlot from the upper areas of the park. Studio Tram rocks and so does their version of the Mummy, which is much better than the Orlando version. If you want to see a superior version of the orlando park, then head for Universal Studios Japan in Osaka, where most aspects of the Orlando studios have been reproduced and enhanced with much better theming and improved rides, plus they are now getting their own coaster over Hollywood over there!

Japan's sounds great--and I'm excited for Singapore's partly as so many new rides are planned. I've never heard of someone prefering the HL Mummy to FL's before tho!

I always wondered why when Universal owned Porta Aventura in Spain it had no Universal style rides

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    If you want to see a superior version of the orlando park, then head for Universal Studios Japan in Osaka, where most aspects of the Orlando studios have been reproduced and enhanced with much better theming and improved rides, plus they are now getting their own coaster over Hollywood over there!
    Which completely ruins the supposedly "much better" theming. You even said this yourself. Which is it? "Exciting new ride" or "theming blunder?" You can't spin it both ways. I think you just like bashing Orlando parks...

USH does have room to expand if they get rid/utilize of the wasted space. Wild West Show, Coke's Soak Corner thing, all the cheap Nikolodeon play areas, Van Helsing building (now Soundstage 13). Besides that, Universal has many areas with quite large walkways or plazas (the huge one in front of BTTF) and tons of places to eat. Universal obviously doesn't need these large spaces for the crowds they draw. Turn shops into attractions and relocate shops around the perimeter of the new showrooms and built into the sides of the open spaces.

I personally would turn Castle Dracula into a pretty nice darkride using the castle as a facade rather than a theatre. I havent seen a good show there since Beetleguise. Take out Shrek 4D along with the Nik areas around it and build a few family dark rides (SpoungeBob, Peter Pan, whatever), the Soundstage 13 could house a large darkride (2 stories). You could move the special effects show to the upper lot and combine Backdraft and the Special effects stages into one large building.

Another easy way to squeeze out a little more room is just move the entrence like 40 feet back. There is a huge plaza in front of the enterence that is not needed. Extend the entryway, shops fill the new space, take out shops further down to make way for attractions or shows.

It can never be a huge park, but it can deffinately fit in another 4-5 rides at least.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by JtnOrl View Post
    Which completely ruins the supposedly "much better" theming. You even said this yourself. Which is it? "Exciting new ride" or "theming blunder?" You can't spin it both ways. I think you just like bashing Orlando parks...
    "Theming blunder" if you want my opinion, but I am not going to put down USJ in general over just this one item confined to a small area of Hollywood blvd... as the fact remains the park as a whole... USJ *is* the best themed of the 3 studios, the cleanest, has the nicer versions of the shows and rides we have come to know in Orlando and Hollywood, have the friendliest of CMs, has the best food selections, have awsome theater and lagoon shows, characters we all love (Sesame Street, Pink Panther, etc as opposed to the SpongeBob crap they serve at USF/H) and very unique shopping with unique stuff to this park. So there. When the Orlando park measures up, then I will praise it. However... I IOA and would never said anything negative except for the maintenance issues I observed when I visited last...as most building were in need of paint and refurbishing. Besides... Mardi Gras in Orlando is hosting DONNA SUMMER next weekend... how much better can USF get????

That better not be a sarcastic knock *secretly LOVES Donna Summer*

Los Angeles, California, United States, United States

Quote Originally Posted by Professortango View Post
    Another easy way to squeeze out a little more room is just move the entrence like 40 feet back. There is a huge plaza in front of the enterence that is not needed.
    Yup, that huge plaza isn't needed when the lines for the ticket booths go all the way out to the Globe fountain...

Quote Originally Posted by CoasterMatt View Post
    Yup, that huge plaza isn't needed when the lines for the ticket booths go all the way out to the Globe fountain...
    But how often does that happen? Every time I haven been the past few years there has only been a 10 minute line at the most, and that's with the very few ticket booths they have. Add 3 ticket booths to the sides and cut some of the plaza to expand the park. Every 10 feet counts.

Los Angeles, California, United States, United States

It happens every day in the summer, with all 24 windows open (6 booths with 2 front windows and 2 side windows).

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123