View Poll Results: Univ. Orl. Poll. Malin / Ride Warrior Ask, Where Best Should Resort Invest $120 Mil?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1) Simpsons motion simulator replacement for BTTF at USF

7 30.43%
  • 2) Harry Potter E-Ticket attraction at USF

6 26.09%
  • 3) Jurasic Park EMV-type jeep thrill ride at IOA

11 47.83%
  • 4) A dynosaur themed inverted linear coaster at IOA

1 4.35%
  • 5) Boardway style shows, such as Wicked and Blue Man Group at USF or IOA)

4 17.39%
  • 6) A new and unique water park that is of the same caliber as Disney.

5 21.74%
  • 7) Allocate the entire budget to refurbishing and maintaining present attractions

0 0%
  • 8) Marvel Super Hero Tunnel of Love. Guests enjoy a sexy spin along with their favorite m/f hero.

2 8.70%
  • 9) Other

1 4.35%
  • 10) Give me the money. I promise to spend it wisely.

6 26.09%
Multiple Choice Poll.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Univ. Orl. Poll. Malin / Ride Warrior Ask, Where Best Should Resort Invest $120 Mil?

As previously discussed, Universal Orlando has budgeted around $100 million. for new attractions in '07, and roughly $20 million for refurbishments and maintainance. The poll is meant to guagi how you feel Universal should invest the funds.

Should it all be spent on Universal Studios, Orlando? Or perhaps Islands of Adventure needs more attention. Some of you might feel that Universal should spread the money across both parks.

$120 Mil is obviously not enough to do everything we would like to see done. But, it's a good start. JtnOrl brought up the point another thread that the Mummy coaster was built on a budget of around $40 Mil. If Universal could repeat this type of thriftiness, it could possibly create two E-Tickets, and have money left over for other attractions.

What do you think...
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 04-10-2007 at 01:16 PM.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• Iron-Clad Allie

Re: Univ. Orl. Poll. Malin / Ride Warrior Ask, Where Best Should Resort Invest $120

If this investment translates into a significant increase in attendance, i believe that GE will put all kinds of money into new attractions in the future. GE and Universal are a good marraige.

• Drunk On Disney

Re: Univ. Orl. Poll. Malin / Ride Warrior Ask, Where Best Should Resort Invest $120

I am excited about this. I always make a trip to a Universal park (USF, IOA or USH) every 12 months.

If they could amaze me again like they did with Spiderman I would be back even more often.

Check out my podcast: www.drunkondisney.com

• Ardent WDW Enthusiast

You do realize that #1 and #5 are allready a go, and that #1 is going to get the lion's share of that 120 mil right?

Edit-It was too early in the morning when I typed this, I was talking about the BMG show that is going into the old Nick Studios.
    Last edited by Touchdown; 04-13-2007 at 12:22 PM.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by Touchdown View Post
    You do realize that #1 and #4 are allready a go, and that #1 is going to get the lion's share of that 120 mil right?
    I knew that the dinosaur themed coaster for the IOA's Jurasic Park section is a definite. For years, they've needed a high capacity coaster to offset the limited kiddie lift.

Although, the Simpson's motion simulator igreen lighted for USH, I didn't realize Orlando had solidified the decision as well.

All in all, this is great news! We'll score two major rides...one at Universal USO and the the other at IOA.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetie View Post
    I am excited about this. I always make a trip to a Universal park (USF, IOA or USH) every 12 months.

If they could amaze me again like they did with Spiderman I would be back even more often.
    Prepare to be WOWED! Two E-Tickets will be seriously SWEET, Sweetie!

• Fastest Man Alive

#2- Universal needs a big winner there. IoA really IMHO blows it out of the water, I think the emphasis should be on the parent park for the meantime.

Let Univeral annouces something soon. IOA need more new attractions and shows. The Train ride in Seuss Landings was alright but not E-Ticket. Bring on The Silver Surfer.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by Wally View Post
    #2- Universal needs a big winner there. IoA really IMHO blows it out of the water, I think the emphasis should be on the parent park for the meantime.
    A Harry Potter headliner attraction would be a smart move. If it isn't in the cards this time around, I'm sure that GE will throw a giganormas budget at developing one at some point in the near future.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey joe View Post
    Let Univeral annouces something soon. IOA need more new attractions and shows. The Train ride in Seuss Landings was alright but not E-Ticket. Bring on The Silver Surfer.
    can't wait to see the coming fantastic Four flick. the Silver Surfer ROCKS the universe! I'd love to see separate attractions based on both F4 and the Surfer.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Just give me the money.

I think they should make a ride based on NBC Universal's show Heroes

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    Just give me the money.
    You've got it, aimster! Now, go out there and build a brand spankin' new theme park. Go wild and amaze me!

Quote Originally Posted by Brnwrig1313 View Post
    I think they should make a ride based on NBC Universal's show Heroes
    Why not? Sounds like a fun idea. Heroes would certainly be an unexpected ride theme.