Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Universal Studios attarctions!

Who thinks that what they're doing at universal studios after the back to the future is stupid? I dont like the fact they are building a simpsons ride!

• Yes?

Re: Universal Studios attarctions!

I will hold judgement on the ride until I see it first-hand, but I think you have to take the longevity of the Simpsons into consideration here. The Simpsons are an ongoing worldwide phenomenon with a big fan base. As good as those BTF movies were they have been over and done with for years and a lot of overseas tourists have no idea what it is. They know who the Simpsons are. So, from a business stand point, Universal made a good choice here. They are just trying to stay current...or catch up. I would have rather seen King Kong stay myself, since it's a classic, but I haven't been on the new Mummy ride yet either...
    Quote Originally Posted by larasound View Post
    am I the burrito man?

yea.. i dont know though... like simpsons to me are just played out too. should just have some thing new.. speicaly for the maze .. they're using the house of horror maze now.. it only for halloween horror nights. i love universal.. i just since they are the one that make movie's they show know which one's are the best.. and should make a theme of that

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Don't diss my bonnet

the location of my profile picture is Knott's in 1972, i'm about 10 months old.

The Simpsons is the longest running prime time show in the history of television and has a tremendous fan base. I think its great they're going to replace Back to the Future (which imho IS played out) with them.

EDIT: oh yeah! and bring back the ET ride...get rid of the spray-painted cardboard decorations that add to teh ruin that is The Mummy (again, all imho)
    Will there be screams when the sun sets,
    -=Is It October Yet?=-

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkermonkey
    elly is the ultimate nerdy girl. But she makes it sexy
    Quote Originally Posted by pratt55
    Elly is adorkable.

• Yes?

Now, I am going to assume that you guys are talking about USH...because we still have ET at USF...but from what I know we are getting the Simpsons treatment here too. My husband and I are considering taking a day trip down ther on Sat without the girls. Would anyone be interested in a trip report of the Florida US if we do?
    Quote Originally Posted by larasound View Post
    am I the burrito man?

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Don't diss my bonnet

the location of my profile picture is Knott's in 1972, i'm about 10 months old.

Quote Originally Posted by evilqueenrocks View Post
    Now, I am going to assume that you guys are talking about USH...because we still have ET at USF...but from what I know we are getting the Simpsons treatment here too. My husband and I are considering taking a day trip down ther on Sat without the girls. Would anyone be interested in a trip report of the Florida US if we do?
    i'd love to see a TR, i always do
    Will there be screams when the sun sets,
    -=Is It October Yet?=-

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkermonkey
    elly is the ultimate nerdy girl. But she makes it sexy
    Quote Originally Posted by pratt55
    Elly is adorkable.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

They should've done a Simpsons attraction 15 years ago. I just feel its too late and I'm kinda over them now.

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    They should've done a Simpsons attraction 15 years ago. I just feel its too late and I'm kinda over them now.
    How so?

• ...TWO BITS!

^ Well it's no secret that many feel the latest seasons haven't had the best episodes... getting stale and such but supposed getting better. I noticed FOX has been doing re-runs of much older episodes that haven't aired in a long time.

Anyways, I talked to many people and most if not all agree prefer ET over Mummy and think BTTF should be updated, not replaced. But I'll hold judgement as well even though I love BTTF. Just seems like an odd choice for where the Simpsons ride is going now: Krusty parodying theme park attractions... HUH?!

I think Doc Brown should be doing meet n greets on a themed Segway and stops infront of the BTTF car when the attraction is long gone. Even better, replace Fast & Furious segment in the Tram Tour with BTTF.

If an attraction can't be duplicated in USH, it should be represented in the Tram Tour. Ala Earthquake and JAWS. Should do it to ET. Everyone squeals at the sight of ET plushes.

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

Quote Originally Posted by filmfreak11 View Post
    ^ Well it's no secret that many feel the latest seasons haven't had the best episodes... getting stale and such but supposed getting better. I noticed FOX has been doing re-runs of much older episodes that haven't aired in a long time.

Anyways, I talked to many people and most if not all agree prefer ET over Mummy and think BTTF should be updated, not replaced. But I'll hold judgement as well even though I love BTTF. Just seems like an odd choice for where the Simpsons ride is going now: Krusty parodying theme park attractions... HUH?!

I think Doc Brown should be doing meet n greets on a themed Segway and stops infront of the BTTF car when the attraction is long gone. Even better, replace Fast & Furious segment in the Tram Tour with BTTF.

If an attraction can't be duplicated in USH, it should be represented in the Tram Tour. Ala Earthquake and JAWS. Should do it to ET. Everyone squeals at the sight of ET plushes.
    Well it depend on who you talk to. I like Simpsons better than Family Guy, and I have been a fan since the show started with the shorts and Christmas special.

i agree with the ET ride!
    "I Love A Good Thrill"- Lorena C

Thank you every for posting with me and letting me know what you think. I am new at all of this ... so bare with me if i take along time to reply to everything i am also postin in the halloween horror night section too. i am trying to find out alot bout that.. Right Now.
    Oh one more thing Has any body went to universal studios hollywood for the toyko drift?

• ...TWO BITS!

^ Not worth it. Like I said before, they should probably redo it with BTTF.

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

what is BTTF?

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Lorena07 View Post
    what is BTTF?
    Back to the Future. I love the Back to the Future ride and I hate to see it go, it is a major childhood memory for me. Ironically, it is being replaced by a Simpsons ride, and the Simpsons were also a major part of my childhood.
    I wouould love for BTTF to stay and a new bulding be built for the Simpsons ride, because I hate it when theme parks get rid of classics *cough* Dinsey World *cough*. I love nostalgia and Universal hurts itself by removing nostalgia from it's parks. It was also tragic to see Kongfrontation! gone. Universal seems to care very little for their history in their parks.
    Anyway, at least BTTF is being replaced with a ride based on something I love, instead of being replaced by a ride based on some lame Hollywood blockbuster that I don't care about. Also, I love the way the Simpsons ride will be spoofing theme parks, it sounds like a ton of fun. I just hope it will stay at the parks a long time so I can share the experience with my kids (if I ever have them) .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast