Universal Front of Line

Can we get all this done in one day without the front of line pass at Universal Studios Hollywood?

Studio Tour
    Revenge of the Mummy
    Shrek 4D
    Jurassic Park
    Water World
    Animal Actors
    Backdraft

and maybe the Special Effects thing?

• It's all nonsense

Re: Universal Front of Line

All of universal can easily be done in one day. Just do the tram tour first thing in the morning.

• Rock Star Minion

On a very light weekday. Probably not a weekend day.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

Thanks for the responses - but they are kind of conflicting answers! So now I'm not really sure what to do still - anyone out there willing to break the tie

We were at Universial on New Years Eve- one of the busiest days of the year and did all that you listed in about 6-7 hours and we got a late start that date (about 11:00) when the park opened at 9:00. You should have no problem.

You should be able to get all that done easily within a day if you get up for opening time. But I would do the Lower Lot attractions first, starting with Revenge of the Mummy and then doing Jurassic Park rather then the Studio Tour, which can be done later in the day since it has a huge capacity.

-Skip

• C4C6C

You do not need the Front of Line pass.

Thanks for all the responses! It was what I was hoping for to be honest - we didn't want to pay double for front of line passes but I know in Orlando the skip the lines, stay in the hotel thing is well worth it. Thanks again!

Blog Entries

The front of the line passes are only good if you want to do things repeatedly or if you really just want to have a leisurely day and not have to spend hours just waiting for attractions.

• ...TWO BITS!

I don't recommend Front of the Line. That's what I usually say if a guest asked me that if I still worked there.

I've done everything in the park many times before without FotL.

Definately follow Skip's idea. Lower Lot attractions 1st (Mummy, Jurassic, SFX, Backdraft). And also depending when you go... the Universal Museum which replaces Lucy Tribute. There's also an arcade, shops, & food. Mummy & Jurassic are the only attractions with single rider lines.

Now the Upper Lot. BTTF conversion to Simpsons is still going on. But the Kwik-E-Mart looks cool. (When will they convert Doc's Chicken??). Studio Tour is a must. I would go to the attractions with a set schedule like Waterworld (another must do), T2:3D, Hollywood Animal Actors, & Fear Factor LIVE (although most people leave in the middle). Shrek 4D is continous. House of Horrors usually has no waits. But in the queue, you get to look at props (which Universal should be doing with their other attractions. Putting props in the queues of T2:3D, Jurassic, & Mummy.)

Coke Soak & Nick Blast are wet & play areas. But I think they closed Nick to convert to Curious George theme, but the characters will stick around for now.

There's also outdoor shows like Blues Brothers & Hollywood Trolley. Zorro & Elena swordfight for a few minutes in the Western area (check with an employee for schedule). I don't think they're doing Diamond Dolls right now.

There's a photo op for JAWS near the Studio Tour entryway, Dodgers Stadium (although most people use it as shaded seats), Access Hollywood at the end of the Studio Tour, & another photo op at the end of House of Horrors. I think they still have Bourne Supremacy car/set near Mel's Diner. A photo op & meet n greet with Shrek & Fiona near the end of their attraction (I think this is kind of an awkward place to put it. Donkey does Meet n Greets across from them. Both have a set time displayed.

Besides that, your usual shops & food. I think a store called "Warehouse" between Mel's Diner & Hollywood Animal Actors have reduced prices on merchandise. Other than that, a lot of the stores kind of have the same products. That rely too much on the Universal Studio Store in Citywalk. That's just basically a cliff-notes of what's inside the park.

And of course, no more Marvel characters

HAVE FUN!

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

You also can buy an upgrade to FOTL inside the park, not far behind the Wait Times Board. So I suggest getting standard admission (which you can do online or at ATMs if you don't want to wait for a ticket teller), going into the park and seeing what the wait times are first.

But I can't think of anytime I've gone on a weekday during the school year and had much in the way of lines. In fact, I took my little sis there yesterday and there were so little people coming into the ride that they had a sign up saying you could ride twice in a row. Weekdays during school months are pretty good for thrill rides- last Oct, when I went to DL for the Halloween party... lotsa strollers and Peter Pan was by far the longest line in the park that day. Everything else was basically walk-on

EDIT: FOTL does have some behind the scenes stuff for some of the shows, if you're interested.

• Pilot EdForceOne

Quote Originally Posted by filmfreak11 View Post
    And of course, no more Marvel characters
    I thought it was only California that was dropping their marvel characters?
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

Blog Entries

That's correct, IOA will still have their characters. The person who mentioned that was giving their advice on how to best get around USH however, and not USO.

Quote Originally Posted by filmfreak11 View Post
    And also depending when you go... the Universal Museum which replaces Lucy Tribute.
    Didn't know that. What is in the new Universal Museum?

Also, why did they lose the Marvel characters and what happend to that huge gift shop that featured them?

THX