Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 31011121314 LastLast

Thread: Vinylmation

• D'LAND BIRTH YEAR BABY

Re: Vinylmation

Yep I am holding the little mouse now and I see the butter , lol. He is sooo cute!!!!

• Disneyland Goober

Quote Originally Posted by NeverNeverland View Post
    Thanks... Now I have to get down there soon!
    No prob! I'll swing by there when the Park Series #4 comes out and see if the NYC store gets any in (as I hear the store will soon be a regular Disney Store, no more World of Disney, which saddens me as I just discovered it). I might also pick up a Turkey...the whole limited edition/hard to find in the parks status is tempting me. I just wasn't loving it as much in person as I did in the pre-released drawing.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Squidgit View Post
    No prob! I'll swing by there when the Park Series #4 comes out and see if the NYC store gets any in (as I hear the store will soon be a regular Disney Store, no more World of Disney, which saddens me as I just discovered it). I might also pick up a Turkey...the whole limited edition/hard to find in the parks status is tempting me. I just wasn't loving it as much in person as I did in the pre-released drawing.
    If it is turning into a regular Disney Store, that's better than I thought...last I heard it was closing in 2010. So, mixed news instead of bad news I guess?
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• Disneyland Goober

Quote Originally Posted by yoyoflamingo View Post
    If it is turning into a regular Disney Store, that's better than I thought...last I heard it was closing in 2010. So, mixed news instead of bad news I guess?
    I just happened to read this on another site ...I have zero info so I don't know exactly what will happen (in other words, don't listen to me! ). I'm sad it's going to close as it's the closest thing to remind of Dland since moving to NY. In the meantime, I'll check it out periodically and see what Disney can tempt me with!

Yeah I'm really disappointed about the WoD store closing... It made it a Need to Visit place... not just another disney store. If they're gonna make it a disney store (seeing as we're not going to have any change in the disney store merch. any time soon), they may as well just close it and put the poor store out of it's misery.

• Future Cast Member

Hello! The first time I saw Vinylmation, it was in World of Disney, a 9 inch. As a Disney die-hard, I'm always looking for merchandise at Disneyland catering to us Disney fans. However, I was very wary because, often, these things are expensive. So I looked at the price, $40, and, without a second though, put it down, and walked away. There must have been 3'' figures, too, but I probably didn't notice them because of the packaging. The hole in the 9'' figure that allows you to look in just caught my eye while walking by, but I didn't pay attention to the other things around it. Then last night I saw pictures of Vinylmation. I've seen a lot before, but it just pushed my curiousity too far, for some reason, just seeing a few more photos(maybe it was my Disneyland withdrawals. Dx I'm dying to go for Halloween, no pun intended), and I was told about the Vinylnation website. When I found out more about Vinylnation, the different designs, and, most of all, that they came in affordable sizes(I'm sure the 40 dollar ones are affordable for some, but I'm the minimum age to join this site, so I only have babysitting money, which I like to horde so I can always make sure I have money for something for school or something else that I need), I got more and more interested in them. I found this thread and read it until I was about to fall asleep, and when I got home from school today and finished my homework, I finished reading the thread, which is why I'm posting now. I have a few questions and topics of discussion to bring up. I appreciate the blind boxes, but if I were to get a duplicate in the future, how could I go about trading it? Are there trading locations in the park to trade with fellow collectors, like pins? If not, if I had to trade online, how could I do that? Do I just ship out my duplicate once I set up a trade, and just hope to get the figure I was promised? Also, this is only if I do end up getting more than one per collection. Most likely, to save money, and to ensure that I get one that isnt a duplicate, I will probably buy one per collection. Do any of you do that? Would you recommend it or is it hard to resist buying more, even if you've allready bought one of the each current collection?

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

You can trade them right here on MiceChat. I would only trade with someone you trust or has people vouching for them.

I don't make it to an area where they sell them too often so I usually buy a few each time. How many from each collection depends on how well I like it lol

i have been very lucky and not gotten too many doubles. But I also don't try to get every one of each collection (at least not yet - I might try for the holiday). My biggest thing is hat this cuts into the pin budget lol
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• Future Cast Member

You can trade them here or at vinylmation.net. I would only trade with someone you trust or has people vouching for them. (IDK if vinylmation.net has arating system0

I don't make it to an area where they sell them too often so I usually buy a few each time. How many from each collection depends on how well I like it lol

i have been very lucky and not gotten too many doubles. But I also don't try to get every one of each collection (at least not yet - I might try for the holiday). My biggest thing is hat this cuts into the pin budget lol
    Thanks! Yeah, I collect pins, too, but I'd love to start collecting these, too, but I'm gonna really have to keep track of my money then. I may do what you do, and buy a few if I like the collection, and if I have money, but otherwise just buy one of most collections, and only the 3''. Maybe for the holidays or my birthday(in march) I'll save up money and get a 9'', but i'm not sure, since the 9'' are more expensive. Also, what stores do they sell Vinylmation at in the resort? Does anyone know what stores currently are selling them, that aren't sold out? I may go this weekend, but I don't know if I'll have time to go store to store looking because I'm going for my mom's birthday. If noone knows, I'll probably just go to one of the main street stores and if they don't have any, I'll order one from disneystore.com

• I am number 4 of 999

My biggest thing is that this cuts into the pin budget lol
    Quote Originally Posted by ♥disney.princess♥ View Post
    I collect pins, too, but I'd love to start collecting these, too, but I'm gonna really have to keep track of my money then.
    I have resisted pin trading up to this point, but I can't resist Vinylmation! I've already decided I'm going to buy an unsealed box of the next Park edition because there isn't a single one I wouldn't want! (hah hah although I joke that I'm not going to like the chaser!)
    It's actually "Cars Land", not "Carsland".

• mountains beyond mtns.

But pins take up a lot less space! And at least you know what you're getting, well unless you buy mystery packs

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

They sell them at Disneyana and Off the Page. Not sure where else!
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

World of Disney Store in downtown disney

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• I eat TR's for breakfast!

What vinlymations are currently being sold in the parks?

I know holiday, but shouldn't the "cuties" be coming soon?

the website says "October 2009" but that is just so vague @_@

• Future Cast Member

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    World of Disney Store in downtown disney
    Okay, so those have them right now? =o

Vinylmation

What's the deal with the Vinylmation figures? I've seen lots of people mention them on MC but I never heard of them before I joined this site. I looked them up online and saw what they look like but I haven't seen them in person. What's the appeal of them? Are they just new collectors items or is there something extra cool about them? And what's with the blank white ones?

Inquiring minds want to know!

**Edit - this is probably the wrong forum for this but it's the only know I really read!

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 31011121314 LastLast