Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Thread: Vinylmation

• The one and only

Re: Vinylmation

so when you get the blanks, do you just like.. mold stuff around it? are they carved?

I use Super Sculpey.. which means I have to bake the figure in the oven at 275F for 15 minutes.

It's actually quite risky, and I haven't perfected it yet. I actually planned on having the Omnidroid with the Mickey ears, but they melted in the oven. That's the only problem I have with the vinylmation in the oven - the ears. Luckily the omnidroid could go without the Mickey ears in its design.

After I take the figures out of the oven, I sand them down to make it smoother and then I prime them so that they're ready to be colored on.

• The one and only

cool.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • ♠ Pirate Wizard ♠

Blog Entries

wow, those are awesome.
    You can never run out of imagination. The more you use, the more you gain.

Quote Originally Posted by Rayangelo View Post
    On the contrary, I love them!! I would pick some of those over the ones for sale right now, they're awesome!
    I completely agree! You put Disney's designs to shame. It looked like they weren't even trying.

One thing I'm quite upset about with this whole Disney vinylmation product is that they're simply using THEIR artists for the designs. That's not what it's all about! This is the one area that they don't understand. KidRobot knows how to do it. The idea is to give artists with potential and promise a chance to show their artwork.. They should hire you or pay for your designs! Or at least start somewhere with other artists.. to give them something new & fresh to their bland designs. Like I'd definitely trade an entire collection of their vinylmation designs for your one omnidroid. That one is sick!

• Disappearing/Reappearing

I love the kermit one...turning the ears into eyes is pretty cool.

I love the alice in wonderland bottle, too. SOOOOO creative!

• He Gets The Job Done

Blog Entries

Got all the large ones. Now just waiting for the small ones to come back out.

Aww, thanks everyone for the compliments! I do wish it was more like that popular KidRobot company with them hiring deserving artists. I think it would be cool if I was asked to make a design for them. :P Oh well. I've never formally submitted these designs to them for them to use. These are just my designs for my new hobby.

And it's funny how a lot of people seem to like my Drink Me bottle when that was the one that took the shortest to complete. Omnidroid took the longest. XD ha

• Disney Pinapple Princess

I love the pins, Too. They remind me of when they had the artist mickeys on display at DCA a couple of years back...They had 4 foot tall mickeys and celebs got to paint them how ever they wanted. Remember that??!!
    *** Disney Pinapple Princess *** Cove Bar Crew - DCA** HELL YEAH!!!***
    [IMG]http://www.********************/timers/tickers/iz6m4e8xunrnijrm.png[/IMG]
    Quote Originally Posted by techskip View Post
    Disney Dorks of the world unite!

• The one and only

thats what i was thinking about when i first saw the vinylmaton series. it's cool that they have blank ones too.

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

I'm not sure what to think of them. They are sort of cute, but what are they? And why are they so expensive?
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

I love the set but it is way too expensive, if you really wanted to complete the set you have to spend at least a $100. I hope they would lower the prices on some of the set those.

I fully intend to collect the whole 9" set. And I'm eager to see where this thing goes with the second series comes out.

I agree that they should get bigger/other artists in on this. That's kinda the whole point of this vinyl culture of toys. A kind of artistic network of painters and artists. I'll cross my fingers for series 2.

I still need 2 of the little ones and am now forced to get them on Ebay since the park is sold out Arg!

Quote Originally Posted by Makkura View Post
    I fully intend to collect the whole 9" set. And I'm eager to see where this thing goes with the second series comes out.

I agree that they should get bigger/other artists in on this. That's kinda the whole point of this vinyl culture of toys. A kind of artistic network of painters and artists. I'll cross my fingers for series 2.
    I'm actually not that impressed with the 9" set and some of the 3". All they really did with all their designs was take an existing Disney design and slap it on the figure.

It was basically a *Let's slap on a quick design, ship it out, and charge $10+ for it* deal.

I saw the Epcot Future World logos design and thought that was lazy. Haunted Mansion wallpaper slapped on a figure and called limited edition so that it would sell? Nice.

I said it before, and I'll say it again - they need you on their team, Mametchi. If not you then someone that can help add the WOW factor to their designs.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast