Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Vinylmation is about to get real BIG @ Disneyland!!

I was talking to a friend of mine who works in Merchandise, and he told me that Vinylmation (those Mickey shaped plastic dolls with designs on them) is about to get real popular within the next couple of months!!. It will be as crazy as Pin Trading!!. I actually experienced this yesterday at the park when i wanted to get a Limited Edition 500 WALL*E & EVE Vinylmation Set, there was a line at D-Street and they sold out within a matter of Minuites!! Parkwide they were all gone within 1 hour!!. Now this could be good and this could be bad, the good part is that the limited edition ones will be hard to get and the bad part is they will probably end up on ebay for expensive prices!!. This all seems like a marketing scheme but its the next phase of Collecting a piece of Disney!!. There is a list of Vinylmations that will be coming out within the next months!! Like
    Park Series 4, Star Wars, E Tickets, Disneyland Posters, Toy Story, Nightmare Before Christmas, Passholder Exclusives, Cast Member Exclusives, and Haunted Mansion, & Holiday Series!!!

• Pongo is my hero.

Re: Vinylmation is about to get real BIG @ Disneyland!!

I'm interested to see how they made Wall-E and Eve into a Mickey shape.... hmmm....

one hundred and one

• LOL!!!!!!! (MC teen joke)

The Original Teen Scene of MiceChat:
    fangalicious44 padgerfan monorailorange33 SS77 A113 animekiti4christ DapperJoshua Performerinwaiting MainStreetJake dmtnt55 MikeSkellington
    JungleCruiseFan Ckelef1 Incrediboy The Disneylander GummiBearsRock iskategoofy *disneyprincess* stevo505 Dragonfire Colorized DisneyLove littleactressann Kritter

• Banned User

I'm not a big fan of vynlmations..they're really cool, but I'm not willing to fork over $14-$20 for them...

• Pongo is my hero.

Thanks for the pic SS77!

I agree with MSJ though. Too expensive. I'll probably only end up buying 1 for show- but I like pins a lot better. More variety- and easier to trade. MUCH easier. It's a solid collectors item.

one hundred and one

• we jumped out a window

Quote Originally Posted by DisneylandFan1997 View Post
    I was talking to a friend of mine who works in Merchandise, and he told me that Vinylmation (those Mickey shaped plastic dolls with designs on them) is about to get real popular within the next couple of months!!. It will be as crazy as Pin Trading!!. I actually experienced this yesterday at the park when i wanted to get a Limited Edition 500 WALL*E & EVE Vinylmation Set, there was a line at D-Street and they sold out within a matter of Minuites!! Parkwide they were all gone within 1 hour!!. Now this could be good and this could be bad, the good part is that the limited edition ones will be hard to get and the bad part is they will probably end up on ebay for expensive prices!!. This all seems like a marketing scheme but its the next phase of Collecting a piece of Disney!!. There is a list of Vinylmations that will be coming out within the next months!! Like
    Park Series 4, Star Wars, E Tickets, Disneyland Posters, Toy Story, Nightmare Before Christmas, Passholder Exclusives, Cast Member Exclusives, and Haunted Mansion, & Holiday Series!!!
    Were you able to get a set?

I failed miserably in my bid to get one.

I don't see it becoming as big as pin collecting/trading because the number of pins that are released monthly, yearly completely dwarf the number of vinylmations that are released.

While vinylmation has experienced a surge of popularity since they first arrived on the scene a little over a year ago, I don't feel it's on the level of pins just yet.

Pin collecting can cater to many different interests - one could collect only Tinkerbell pins or only Maleficent pins, for instance. With Vinylmation, I suppose you either try to complete sets or else you pick and choose ones that you like.

At any rate, because I feel there's a great likelihood of this topic getting moved into the Vinylmation forum, let me take the time to share that we do indeed have a Vinylmation subforum where all aspects of this product are discussed.

I think Vinylmations are o.k. looking. But they are way better looking than those hideous mickey monster things.
    fangalicious44 padgerfan monorailorange33 SS77 A113 animekiti4christ DapperJoshua Performerinwaiting MainStreetJake dmtnt55 MikeSkellington
    JungleCruiseFan Ckelef1 Incrediboy The Disneylander GummiBearsRock iskategoofy *disneyprincess* stevo505 Dragonfire Colorized DisneyLove littleactressann Kritter

deleted
    Last edited by SS77; 01-24-2010 at 12:01 AM. Reason: posted in wrong thread

• we jumped out a window

Quote Originally Posted by MainSreetJake View Post
    I'm not a big fan of vynlmations..they're really cool, but I'm not willing to fork over $14-$20 for them...
    Quote Originally Posted by Imagineer Scott
    Thanks for the pic SS77!

I agree with MSJ though. Too expensive. I'll probably only end up buying 1 for show- but I like pins a lot better. More variety- and easier to trade. MUCH easier. It's a solid collectors item.
    Actually, the regular blind boxed Vinylmations will run you $9.95.

Pins go as low as $6.95 but those are far and few between and most of the pins that are released nowadays run you at least $9.95 if not more.

• Not a Minion

Vinylmation is an expensive collection and I don't think it's a series designed to be made into a "trading game" like pin trading has become. It's advertised as an art collection and just like any art pieces, you buy it to display and not carry around to sell. For others, this has become a game of buying the rare stuff and selling them for a lot more.

However, good news on that side is that Disney instituted a policy of no more than 2 limited edition vinylmations per guest per day and I read that they dropped it down to 1 per guest per day for the wall-e set. Of course, don't ask me as to how it'll be enforced since a guest can always put the stuff away and buy a new set again later, but what i've been told is that they've limited where they sell LE pieces and also put LE pieces behind the register.

Anyways, I personally like vinylmations but are definitely expensive to collect. I've got an almost complete park 1 and 2 series (missing chaser for both) and a complete urban 1 series. To learn more about what these look like, I recommend vinylnation.net. Good online community (based in FL though) that has a lot of insight as to what has and will come for vinylmation.

And for kicks:

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

Actually, one of the things I LIKE about Vinylmation is that they're so cheap! I am also a big pin collector, and like Brand said, most pins are at least $9.95 and many are more than that. There are probably HUNDREDS I want and they come ut with more each month That is an expensive hobby. And I only want the ones I like, too.

But since Vinylmation is so new, I have a better chance of getting what I want because there aren't that many. And I also only collect what I like, so if I get a double or don;t like what I get, I can trade it one on one for what I do like. With pins it;s more of a what deos the CM have... (the hunt is part of the pin trading fun though!)

I'm rambling... I am not sure the Vinylmation will get to be AS BIG as pin trading, but I think it will remain popular for a long time. And based on the sheer number of sets coming out, I think Disney agrees
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• no flash photography...

yeah, they are getting so gig and flooding the market with them that I am now loosing interest...typical disney.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Disney is also instituting Vinylmation trading as well. They're trying to make them the new pin trading. Based on how quickly the Wall-E set sold out, I think it might be...
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• no flash photography...

Quote Originally Posted by yoyoflamingo View Post
    Disney is also instituting Vinylmation trading as well. They're trying to make them the new pin trading. Based on how quickly the Wall-E set sold out, I think it might be...
    they had a trading area at the expo, but it was pretty empty. I can see that taking off though.

• Minion

I'd be more interested if the trading thing happened.
    I want my cake back!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast