Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Official Vinylmation Trading

So, we're in WDW this weekend, and we went to the Art of Disney in EPCOT, where we picked up the Peter Pan 9" for NNL's birthday, and were told by the CM Vinylmation trading in the parks is coming soon. It is already in Downtown Disney at D Street (we're hitting that later today, since the ONE Muppet I bought is Bean Bunny, the only one I have). Apparently it's coming to the parks soon, but right now just in DTD.

We'll reply with our experiences sometime this week.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• mountains beyond mtns.

Re: Official Vinylmation Trading

I'll be at DTD Anaheim later this week so I'll report back on my trading experience.

• mountains beyond mtns.

I just read today that starting this Friday, there is going to be trading with DLR CM's at Westward Ho.

I have heard that CM trading is done on a blind trade basis. That is, the CM has numbered boxes and you pick the box you want, but you don't know what will be in that box.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

We participated in WDW this weekend. There are 2 options: First, is a standard trade out of 2 sets of 3 boxes (6 total Vinylmations) you can see. If you choose, there is a blind mystery trade of 25 different boxes. You can choose a number, and get what is in that box. If you do not like it, you can then trade it for one of the 6 visible ones as well.

I wound up with the Auctioneer from Pirates of the Caribbean, and NNL got Rowlf from Trading. It was fun and I think it's a great system!

Quote Originally Posted by yoyoflamingo View Post
    There are 2 options: First, is a standard trade out of 2 sets of 3 boxes (6 total Vinylmations) you can see. If you choose, there is a blind mystery trade of 25 different boxes. You can choose a number, and get what is in that box. If you do not like it, you can then trade it for one of the 6 visible ones as well.
    That's upsetting, At Dstreet DLR...The CM that was doing trading knew I wanted a Park 3 Animation that was in the Visible Boxes but wouldn't let me trade my Park 3 America Sings Eagle for it cause there was an Eagle in the other Visible Box. So I just traded it for a Mystery Box and got a ToonTown Trolley, which I already have in my collection. The CM didn't say anything about being able to trade it for the Animation. (There weren't any Toontown Trolleys in the Visible Boxes)...
    Grrrr...
    I thought I was stuck with the Trolley so I walked away, then later that day just gave it away to a family member. But still, That's upsetting...

• mountains beyond mtns.

Unfortunately, D Street DLR is quickly garnering a reputation (at least on another vinylmation site) for not having a clue. The Wall-E/Eve release was not handled very well and it seems neither was Sulley/Boo.

• 6 kids before I'm 30!!!!

Went to D street last night and we tried to trade our quadrupletes of park series 4. So she said one trade per day per person... ok so I had 3 of my kids do it. since we had all the ones in the visible trade they went for the mystery boxes. OK so heres the down side. THEY DONT HAVE THE CARDS. my kids traded them but now we dont have the cards to these urban 3 vm's..... kind of ripoff. I was told they would lonly trade if you HAD the card. But now they dont care. yeah I kinda agree that some of the workers are not taking these VM trading seriously.
    We rock the party that rocks the party!
    We are truly a new generation of the Brady Bunch!

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Mickey and 'Key

Blog Entries

Yeah, no cards is a big downside. They didn't take ours, so now I have cards I have no use for too. I don't know what the trading limit at WDW is - I was allowed to trade twice. It all went very smoothly! Sorry to hear DL is having such issues

D Street itself was awesome.... the total opposite of Disneyland's.
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• mountains beyond mtns.

I didn't see any mystery box at D-Street Anaheim today. However, I did trade a clear teal for a clear green.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by brand42 View Post
    I didn't see any mystery box at D-Street Anaheim today. However, I did trade a clear teal for a clear green.
    In WDW it was kept backstage. You had to ask for it and then they brought it out. Maybe that is the way in DL too?

Oh wow. I didn't think to ask for it. I just thought that with all the complaints here, maybe they decided to stop it while they retrain all the CMs to ask for the card when trading. Coincidently, I bought my first two Vinylmations today and would have really liked the opportunity to trade since I got two of the same one.

Angry Re: Official Vinylmation Trading

Ok i GoT back From Disney this weekend. adn completly fell in love with these things i actually wanted the cutesters but were out of stock in all stores and werent going to receive anymore until next month.. BuNk!! Me and my boyfrind bought 8 of these little guys but none that i actually liked. i went to Westward Ho and was told they werent starting until next time next week. and in D street The lady that was doing the trading said it will continue all day when we went back an hr later they had already stopped. i WAs Sooo Mad!!

• Disney/WWE/Anime fan

In trading at DL/DTD..do they have to be in sealed boxes?

• mountains beyond mtns.

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyFan28 View Post
    In trading at DL/DTD..do they have to be in sealed boxes?
    No, not at all. You trade your opened up vinyl figures for their opened up vinyl figures.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast