Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Banned User

Will there ever be another Disney Park in the US?

Not sure if this is the right section to ask this question, but does anyone think there will ever be another Disney Park built in the United States?

I'm not really thinking in terms of a 3rd gate at Disneyland (if they ever buy Knott's Berry Farm for instance and take that over) or a 5th gate at WDW.

I'm wondering if there would ever be a Disney Park built in Texas...or if a full Disneyland Park would be built in Hawaii in connection somehow with the Aluani Resort.

I know the "Disney's America" park in Virginia was a big bust...but that proved Disney was looking at other US states besides California and Florida.

It seems good weather is an issue so that's why I though Texas would be a logical place for Disney to look...with maybe a Main Street that's based in the Old West, a Tomorrowland that's built around NASA and the US space program, and a Frontierland that's somehow reinvigorated because it's celebrating Texas specifically.

Does anyone think something like this would happen in my lifetime (I'm 27)?

There was talk of a Disney themed water park in Arizona a few years ago before the economy took a dive. Not sure whats happening with those talks anymore now that things have seemed to level off.

•   
    • Minion

Re: Will there ever be another Disney Park in the US?

I think your best bet would be a third gate at DLR... The what, when, where and how remains to be seen... Much depends on the fate of DCA and maintaining the AP while adding tourists... Things are getting a little crowded now though I dare say the park's capacity is no where near optimized... But I dare say, a third park will come.
    Check out my other blog:

• Team Hail HYDRA

Ya the need to redue TL before a 3rd gate

• will-o-the-whip

I'd say there is a near zero chance of Disney building a new park anywhere in the US except in Anaheim, and perhaps Orlando. The US economy cannot support it and the future is overseas markets. Brazil might be the next logical place for a park.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Texas has good weather?

• former CM

Hot dog! I get to play Disney CEO!

OK, here's a letter (
    on a website available to the public via a link provided in a full-page ad published in USA Today and in The Wall Street Journal) to the governors of NY, Massachusetts, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Connecticut, Delaware and Rhode Island:

Dear Governors:

Half of Americans still live in your time zone and most of these live in the northern half of this zone, about 1,000 miles from Walt Disney World. It pains me to think of the tens of millions of kids in the NE who have never visited a Disney park, so we are interested in procuring three to six thousand acres of land in the NE as close to as many people as possible. Yes, we are interested in building a third American Disney magic kingdom park in your state!

This third American
    Disneyland location will probably always have just one theme park: a Disneyland centered around a castle at the end of a main street, yet this park will still be so unique and wonderful that guests who visit it may be enticed to visit our Florida resort. The main street will have a Walt Disney World preview attraction with an entrance in a cul de sac and an exit in another cul de sac across the street. Most of the world's most popular theme parks are Disney parks surrounding castles, and we expect to support and surpass what we've done best.

We will build three resort hotels, with one celebrating America's NE, another like our Hotel Cheyenne at Disneyland Paris, and a third surrounding or next to a working farm. A "Downtown Disney" area will have restaurants, a Disney store, shops, movie theaters, and an indoor water park that will make this a wonderful three-night destination.

Our Anaheim Disneyland was immensely popular for decades with just one park before a second park was built there, and we imagine that this NE resort will also be highly successful with just one theme park. It may be the prototype for future one-park Disneyland resorts in Texas, Brazil, South Korea, London, and Germany--all very different from each other, and so wonderful that they will create a Disney wanderlust, with our more affluent guests visiting them all. As with our Paris and Southern California locations, we imagine some families spending two or three nights here while also spending a few nights in nearby places as part of week-long vacations.

As a year-round park in the NE, it will be our most indoor theme park, yet we are seeking a location with natural beauty. Closeness to transportation (airports, subway or train extensions, highways, etc.), a ready workforce, and tax breaks will all be considered when we select our location, which we hope to break ground on in March of 2014 and open in October of 2016 or 2017.

Besides the construction jobs, there will be at least 6,000 permanent Disney jobs once the resort opens. Most jobs will not require a college degree and will not pay over $35,000 a year in today's dollars, yet they will be popular jobs that will be highly rewarding on other ways. Many thousands of other non-Disney jobs will be created as well.

A large time-share resort/hotel in Manhattan and much smaller Disney hotels in Boston, Philadelphia and Washington. D.C. will serve new "Adventures By Disney" trips and our flexible (timeshare) Disney Vacation Club. The new resort in your state will serve as a hub for our new, strong NE vacation presence and will certainly dramatically increase your state's tourism revenue.

We have already been searching for properties in your state, but we welcome any creative cooperation from your state that will convince us to build our newest Disneyland there.

See ya real soon! (We hope!)

Tom Sinsky & Mickey Mouse
    Last edited by jcruise86; 04-12-2012 at 05:59 AM.

• former CM

P.S. This new NE park will also have a "Soarin'" that soars over the SE, especially WDW,
    while WDW's new "Soarin' Over America" will soar over the many parts of America not included in "Soarin' Over California" or this new Soarin' for our NE park.
    (So at WDW, guests will soar over NYC, Maine, the Grand Canyon, Alaska, Hawaii, the Mississippi, Mt. Rushmore, this new different-looking NE Disneyland, Niagara Falls, etc.) Exclusivity might inspire some guests to ride all the different Soarin's.

--TS
    Last edited by jcruise86; 04-12-2012 at 06:13 AM.

• Very Helpful Old Feller

Well, reckon my heart's in Texas but right now I live down N'Olins way...

Quote Originally Posted by DragoHarley View Post
    Not sure if this is the right section to ask this question, but does anyone think there will ever be another Disney Park built in the United States?

I'm not really thinking in terms of a 3rd gate at Disneyland (if they ever buy Knott's Berry Farm for instance and take that over) or a 5th gate at WDW.

I'm wondering if there would ever be a Disney Park built in Texas...or if a full Disneyland Park would be built in Hawaii in connection somehow with the Aluani Resort.

I know the "Disney's America" park in Virginia was a big bust...but that proved Disney was looking at other US states besides California and Florida.

It seems good weather is an issue so that's why I though Texas would be a logical place for Disney to look...with maybe a Main Street that's based in the Old West, a Tomorrowland that's built around NASA and the US space program, and a Frontierland that's somehow reinvigorated because it's celebrating Texas specifically.

Does anyone think something like this would happen in my lifetime (I'm 27)?
    Howdy Pard,

Well, I'll tell ya what, I think you're on to somethin' here. A new Disney Park deep in the heart of Texas is a wonderful idea...down San Antone way for sure. I was figurin' on movin' over thar shortly myself...

It does sometimes get cold in San Antonio of course...but, here's a not too well kept secret, it gets cold sometimes in Orlando and Anahiem too. Downright cold.

But, I think the best part of your argument was that this here Texas Park could celebrate the West. Folks comin' to America to visit...come wantin' to see cowboys and wide open spaces and such...and, well, that's what Texas is all about...

And while we're at it they had oughta bring that wildly popular Wild West Show...you know, Buffalo Bill's Wild West back home to America where it belongs...
    or, at least open one here too. The folks over thar in France love theirs...and I don't blame 'em.

Texas...I love the sound of the word. And just imagine the possibilities. Yessir, I think you might be on to somethin' here pard...

Adios for now. Talk to ya on down the trail.

Wild Ol' Dan
    Last edited by Wild Ol' Dan; 04-12-2012 at 02:05 PM.

There were rumors for a while that Disney was going to open a park in Branson, Missouri. While I would enjoy this (since it is much closer to me than CA or FL), I couldn't see that ever happening with the weather in Missouri getting so cold as well as the tornadoes that often hit.

While it is a fun idea, I do not think it would be a very good investment to open a 3rd park in the U.S.
    WDW: 1981, 1986, 2008, 2012
    DLR: 1999, 2009
    DLP: 2010

Like the Beatles? Check out my blog Meet the Beatles for Real
    http://meetthebeatlesforreal.blogspot.com/

• Nutty about Disney parks

I would've loved to have seen a Disneyland in Texas (as it would've given me an excuse to visit my grandma and uncles more often) But I'm willing to pitch for a Disney park in central Indiana on the basis that we have none. The closest theme park is two hours away...too far a drive for those in the Indianapolis metro area. The other remaining amusement parks in Indiana are on the far ends of the state, again too far away from central Indy. Plus we can feed the New England and Chicago markets as we'll be much closer for them.
    Toonaspie: I have Asperger's. I like cartoons. Toonaspie!

•   
    • ALL DISNEY ALL THE TIME

Blog Entries

I think they would be better off puting in a third gate at dlr. Disney world has so much more to offer , they need to do the same here. they should tear down that useless gardenwalk and start there..... it's already bankrupt and now bank owned

• Resident of the Caldera

Until the Disney Resorts in Anaheim and Orlando are at near capacity year round, you will never see another Disney Resort in the United States. In fact, it will be at least 10 to 15 years before you will even have the chance of seeing another gate at either US Disney Resort.

They can't even hire enough competent staff to fully man Walt Disney World now.

And they just don't have the land for a third park in Anaheim yet. They need to get lucky and have someone sell them more more real estate next to the Strawberry field. It will cost The Walt Disney Company a huge amount, but they know that's the only way they'll ever be able to open a third gate in Anaheim. You're talking decades.
    Born in a shoebox and making the most of it.

•   
    • TDS and TDL FUN times

Disneyland Resort will not have a third theme park until California Adventure can crack the top 10 of north America Theme parks. as of TEA 's report last year it brings in over 6 million a year. It needs to bring in closer to 9 million a year before a third park can be considered .

With Disneyworld a fifth theme park will not be considered until the economy vastly improves and Animal Kingdom/Disney Hollywood Studios become more of a full day experience . WIth Avatarland coming that should help . But Disney will also be looking at hotel capacity numbers. I do not foresee a fifth theme park even being announced before 2018.

No other areas of the US have the climates like Anaheim and florida do. Disney is not interested in doing a seasonal theme park. The only thing they mention was Disney Entertainment centers but that concept was abandoned when Skaggs took over.

In the 13 years I have lived in SW Missouri, there have been some serious rumors of Disney building a park here. Personally, I wouldn't think this would be a good place for a park, but the rumors persist every couple years.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast