Walt Disney's Way

Walt Disney's way was to take the profits of the company and invest them in new ideas and new projects for the company.

I was just musing to myself that Disney had $4.8 billion in profits in 2011.

It's staggering to think what Walt Disney would have done with $4.8 billion, since he liked to spend every dollar. Hm.

• Very Helpful Old Feller

Well, reckon my heart's in Texas but right now I live down N'Olins way...

Re: Walt Disney's Way

Howdy Pard,

It is staggering and kinda fun to think about what wonderful things we would be seein' if Walt Disney had 4.8 billion dollars to play with, yep, it surely is.

First, I think we'd all be enjoyin' Walt's concept for Progress City by now...might even be livin' there.

Then, of course, Walt would be over there in Glendale stirrin' up new ideas, new plans and buildin' some of the famous old ones too...like Marc Davis' Western River Expedition...

But, I also think, Walt would be takin' a serious look at all the out-of-control prices around Disney world-wide...and I believe he would be bringin' 'em back some...to be more in line with common sense. Walt wasn't into out of control corporate greed...as you say. I think he just might be much more focused on the "guests"...and quality...and stuff like that. He always was, and there is no reason to think he would have changed his policies all that much...they worked. They made people happy and that made Walt happy.

Walt would be, by nature, focused on a better tomorrow for the entire world, I believe. He would be constantly gatherin' up new ideas, new concepts. EPCOT truly would become a showcase of the latest ideas coming out of companies throughout the world.

And, I have an idea that the Walt Disney Company would be taking a serious look at the Space Program... the only reason a shuttle would be movin' to a museum is because we had come up with somethin' better..

Yep, I believe Walt would still be inspirin' our world to look ahead...to build a better tomorrow...a great, big beautiful tomorrow, you might say.

And that monorail system down at Walt Disney World would have been expanded years and years and years ago.

And...it sure wouldn't be costin' folks no $85 a day to visit his parks anywheres in the world. Walt was focused on people a whole lot more than he was focused on profits...

Kinda fun to remember his kind of leadership...yep...it surely is.

Adios for now. Talk to ya on down the trail.

Wild Ol' Dan
    Last edited by Wild Ol' Dan; 06-05-2012 at 11:33 AM.
    "I can see the cattle grazin' o'er the hills at early morn…
    I can see the campfires smokin’ at the breaking of the dawn,
    I can hear the bronco's neighin', I can hear the cowboys sing,
    I'd like to be in Texas for the Round-up in the Spring."