• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

What Question Would You Ask Iger at the Shareholder Meeting?

It's almost time for the Disney Annual Shareholder Meeting.

If you had the opportunity to ask Bob Iger a question about the Disney Company, what would you ask Mr. Iger? Would it be about the Theme Parks, Disney Stores, Animation, Pixar, Live Action Movies? ABC Television? ESPN, it's Cruise ships? The future for Marvel's and Lucas' properties?

What concerns would you address with him about the course for the future for Disney?

• Under that tree again!

Re: What Question Would You Ask Iger at the Shareholder Meeting?

1. With Comcast fully in the production and distribution of media game, is WDC considering purcasing cable or cell companies to also fully control content and to vertically integrate as well?

2. With Universal push to expand with popular franchises to give an alterntative to WDW, or WDW only trips to Florida, and now possibly DLR, will the Parks and Resort Division respond with can't miss attractions?

3. Why isn't Disney pushing Land and Sea vacation packages, in genergal or in offseason to offer fuller Disney vacations?

4. How is the possibility of higher minimum wages going to effect staffing at the domestic parks?

5. Why is the Studio preforming so weakly? Why isn't Disney going after more franchises and creating more, so it can have hits like, The Murfs, Madagascar or The Lorax?

6. Why does the Studio not have more top to bottom development of films rather than relying on being a distibuter only?

7. Isn't hiring Internation Cast Members just admitting nobody wants to work at the parks and resorts and also making it difficult to retain trained and experienced employees?
    Last edited by swampymarsh; 02-17-2013 at 12:50 AM.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

Why are they so slow to develop the blocks of unused land at the successful Disneyland resort. With a small peoplemover and early entry, Disney would be the only hotel option for many. Why are they shunning Silicon Valley and Hollywood guests that want to pay huge $$$ for weekend getaways to a more complete resort experience?

• Under that tree again!

Did you hear those questions?

It's a company, if you own it, treat it like one. That sounded like a bunch of soft ball questions thrown at politicians by their backers.
    Be Cool Stay in School!

• Mickey's cousin, Sparky!

Phoenix, AZ -- wishing I were on the 10-60-91-57

I had to leave and go back to the office after only a few questions. Unfortunately the lines started forming and were about 8 deep so I didn't get to ask mine. With that said, I would have shot a question seekin to get in record what the plans were for DL Tomorrowland, 3rd gate and where and what truth is to the rumor about special tickets for DL holiday time.

Looking at the crowd, the most you could expect were softball questions. There were many seniors in the audience along with baby boomers go probably are just happy with the investment. Of the fans, they were the middle class types who are everything Disney but not the super fans who would have asked those types of questions.

• Under that tree again!

Since the stock was at a peak there were probably not enough people being critical or asking for answer about why the company is loosing money. Real investors, those that are investing to make money would know that Disney leads the market and if it's peaking at the same time that means trouble ahead. They would also ask question about costs and profits, not how they enjoyed their last trip.

I did like the question from the Pin Trader who asked why they weren't made in the US where the collectors live. He said he had only two that were made in the USA, from previous shareholder meetings. He should have pointed out that that may of been a corporate tactic to please shareholders and direct their attention away from cheaply produced Disney products.

I also like the guy asking about DVC at DLR. He should of pointed out that in the area are many timeshare and suits style hotels and DLR should be capturing that business.
    Be Cool Stay in School!

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

I'd like to know if he plans any other acquisitions like Pixar/Marvel/Lucas.