• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Walt Disney Company Shareholders Meeting - Please Help With Notes

The annual meeting of shareholders of The Walt Disney Company is being live broadcast right now (10:00 a.m. PDT / 1:00 p.m. EDT on March 18, 2014). Unfortunately, I'm trapped in a meeting at work and cant listen in. If you are listening, please give us updates below.

Link to the webcast: Disney Corporate Events and Presentations | The Walt Disney Company
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

Re: Walt Disney Company Shareholders Meeting - Please Help With Notes

Iger announced that PIXAR is working on new movies for Cars and the Incredibles
    Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Visited/Future Visits:

Disneyland Resort: 1987, 1989, 1992, 1994, 2000, 2011, 2014

Walt Disney World Resort: ???

Tokyo Disney Resort: 2009

Disneyland Resort Paris: ???

Hong Kong Disneyland Resort: ???

• "I don't like the color"

Quote Originally Posted by TDRFAN25 View Post
    Iger announced that PIXAR is working on new movies for Cars and the Incredibles
    He also announced a sequel to Planes....
    “No worries, stay calm, one question. 
Do you happen to know how to fly this thing?”

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Thank you everyone. Here are the notes left in the MiceChat Facebook Group https://www.facebook.com/groups/micechat/

David Yeh Just announced a new Cars movie and Brad Bird is working on a new Incredibles film.

David Yeh No new updates on Star Wars, but it starts filming this year and will be released December 2015.

David Yeh Now he's talking about ESPN. yawn.

David Yeh Bob Iger is previewed a little bit about TREASURE COVE, a new land for Pirates of the Caribbean in Shanghai titled: Battle of the Sunken Treasure. It will be the first Pirates attraction based on the films.

David Yeh Aug 14-16, next D23 Expo in Anaheim 2015.

David Yeh A little girl asked if Disney would consider doing a summer camp. Iger said that they considered at one point but it's not something they would do best. He asked the girl if she goes to summer camp and her reply was "no.". Bob then asked if they made a summer camp would she go… she replied "maybe."

Steve Mccormick another Cars movie? yawn.....

David Yeh Iger was asked about 2D animation and Iger says there are no plans. He also said the last 2D film they did was Princess and the Frog. Even HE forgets about Winnie the Pooh. sigh.

David Yeh Someone asked about compensation for frontline cast members… kind of dodged the question by saying they added 10,000 new jobs.

Steve Mccormick ^smooth move

David Yeh Sigh, nobody asked about Song of the South or Tron 3.. but someone did comment that Lone Ranger got a bad rap, which I agree. Anyway, that's pretty much it.

Denise Fales Preskitt We still don't know if Bob Iger dissolves with acetone

Steve Mccormick maybe he has already been dipped?

Stephen Russo The Acetone dip was the best question! He said it was meant as a compliment.
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• former CM

Thanks for the update!

I'd have liked to have asked Iger if he would consider a 65 hour work week with one day off every two weeks for all workers on Disney Cruise Line ships. Some currently work 77 hour a week or (and?) go 4 months in a row without a single day off.

I've criticized Rasulo, Iger, Staggs and Crofton; but I actually hope they are enjoying their jobs. At times it must be like being Willy Wonka.

I have read your posts and found it really nice and interesting. I am totally agree with you and would like to say thanks to you that you share this post here with us. According to me the best way to stable your business is advertisement thorough internet marketing. Anyway thanks for your all appreciable contribution.
    Last edited by peterson23; 03-25-2014 at 11:58 PM.
    The market is weird. Every time one guy sells, another one buys, and they both think they're smart.

Question #13 Concerned about growing exclusivity happening in the park. Eg: Lilly belle exclusive to Club 33 and groups. Answer: So much to do in the parks that the exclusive stuff is very, very tiny. In some cases the only way to bring something back is to do it for an exclusive number.

Iger really pi***s me off sometimes. That answer has me so dumbfounded I can't even think what to say.
    "In many ways, the work of a critic is easy. We risk very little yet enjoy a position over those who offer up their work and their selves to our judgment. We thrive on negative criticism, which is fun to write and to read. But the bitter truth we critics must face, is that in the grand scheme of things, the average piece of junk is probably more meaningful than our criticism designating it so. But there are times when a critic truly risks something, and that is in the discovery and defense of the new. The world is often unkind to new talent, new creations, the new needs friends." - Anton Ego