Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Disneyland fan!

Re: New museum to present life & achievements of walt disney - opening october 2009

I live in San Francisco, only a 15 minute drive from the Museum site. I went to the first public reception at the museum a couple months ago. The occasion was a showing of the Sherman Brothers documentary "The Boys" at the George Lucas Digital Arts Center, also in the Presidio and very near the Walt Disney Museum. After the movie there was a reception at the museum, Richard Sherman played piano and sang. Dianne and Ron Miller were there, I was so excited to meet Dianne and talk to them both!
    I've joined as a founding member and am looking forward to a year filled with invitations to numerious very special events, including a Founding Member Party the weekend before the museum opens.
    The web site is already up and I was able to get tickets for the first entry into the museum at 10:00 AM on opening day! It would be fun to have a San Francisco MiceChat meet! Let me know if any of you are going to the museum. I know I will be going multiple times!
    Gullywhumper is back on the Rivers of America!

• Captain Greggo

Re: New museum to present life & achievements of walt disney - opening october 2009

Quote Originally Posted by Gullywhumper View Post
    I live in San Francisco, only a 15 minute drive from the Museum site. I went to the first public reception at the museum a couple months ago. The occasion was a showing of the Sherman Brothers documentary "The Boys" at the George Lucas Digital Arts Center, also in the Presidio and very near the Walt Disney Museum. After the movie there was a reception at the museum, Richard Sherman played piano and sang. Dianne and Ron Miller were there, I was so excited to meet Dianne and talk to them both!
    I've joined as a founding member and am looking forward to a year filled with invitations to numerious very special events, including a Founding Member Party the weekend before the museum opens.
    The web site is already up and I was able to get tickets for the first entry into the museum at 10:00 AM on opening day! It would be fun to have a San Francisco MiceChat meet! Let me know if any of you are going to the museum. I know I will be going multiple times!
    Gullywhumper, I will taking my mother on October 1st at 10:00am. It just happens to be her birthday! It would be great to meet up, as I am living in Redding and never make it to the "hub meets" in Disneyland.

Captain Gregg'o

I'm excited that the museum is in the presidio. Its an amazing location, and its great to see it being used for new things and not allowed to rot. Anyone who visits the museum should take some time to explore the rest of the presidio as well, beautiful and full of history.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12