Walt Disney Family Museum

Just returned from the Bay Area to my dorm room here at Cal Poly and thought I would give a little praise to the Disney Museum. This is going to be a very short and sweet trip report.

In case anyone here hasn't seen the museum yet, the building has been beautifully restored and modified for the museum:

The staff was so nice and overly helpful the entire day. The displays were beautiful and express even further what a genius Walt was and how far ahead of his time he was.

As for anyone who hasn't been here yet, I highly recommend it! Make sure to stop in if you're ever in the area. You won't be disappointed.

Re: Walt Disney Family Museum

I just went for my 2nd time the other day and can't get enough of it. I spent almost 4 hours in the museum this time and still did not get to fully do all I wanted. It is an amazing museum. They keep it very clean and open feeling. It almost feels odd going in cause there is so much to do yet it is very open and not cluttered. Kudos to the design team! Outside of that, the information you get from it all really makes you step back to see the man that brought us all so much joy, it is mind blowing.
    The cafe there serves wonderful food and there is even a theater downstairs you can pay for separately to see old Disney movies. All the posters downstairs are original attraction posters from Disneyland too. Yes, I said original! One really cool feature though is that you don't have to pay admission to see all of Walt's accolades, awards, honors and achievements. They are on display before you go in.
    Glad you had a great time villagecreator! It is a wonderful place to visit and so worth the 20 dollars to get in.

• Love HD videos!

20 to 35 mins from Disneyland, Knotts, Universal, Raging water

Cool pics... but do u have any pics of the inside of the museum? So you go to Cal Poly? Which one... I also go to Cal Poly Pomona too. I will graduate next year go broncos!
    My Brand New Youtube channel -"SoCal ATTRACTIONS 360"
    http://www.youtube.com/SoCalAttractions360

• Shablagoo!

Pictures are not allowed inside the museum.

@Executioner: And it was only $15 for students! Amazing!

@asianbma: As Melonballer said, no photography inside and understandably so. But if you google Walt Disney Family Museum, a few pop up from media sources that will give you a good preview. I go to Cal Poly SLO. Congrats on your graduation, I'm looking forward to mine in June!

• Some imagination, huh?

Wow that's super neat! Looks very well-done.

• Please pull the yellowtab

I wish I was still studying the Bay Area. I heard about the museum being built 2 years ago and I was sad when they announced it would open Fall 2009. I probably would have spent my lazy Saturdays and any real opportune moment to procastinate at the museum.

I do believe in fairies. I do. I do.

• Shifting cargo

I was lucky enough to make it for opening day and ceremonies. The museum was completely amazing. I tried to sneak some pictures once inside, but they didn't turn out without the flash, so I gave up. My favorite part, as well as many other people's, was the huge exhibit of DLR in the 60's the way that Walt would have imagined and wanted it. I also started freaking out when I saw some of Walt's personal items behind glass, like his comb, watch, and eye liner (you heard me, eyeliner).

I must admit that the I, as well as the group that I was with, was bummed that Tony Baxter couldn't make an appearance, but I'm sure that he had a lot to do.

"Well I don't know about you folks, but it's way past my bedtime."

• Mischievous Mouse

Very cool. I hope to go someday. Obviously if I'm EVER in the neighborhood.. I will.

"We believed in our idea - a family park where parents and children could have fun- together."

-Walt Disney

• show'em yer larboard side

I haven't made it into the city to see it yet. how is the parking near there? I was thinking about hitting up the de Young sometime next week to see King Tut and was planning to drive, so does anyone know if there's good parking?

"No fear have ye of evil curses, says you? Properly warned ye be, says I. Who knows when that evil curse will strike the greedy beholders of this bewitched treasure?"

DEAD MEN TELL NO TALES

"Perhaps ye knows too much. Ye've seen the cursed treasure, ye know where it be hidden. Now, proceed at yer own risk. These be the last friendly words ye'll hear. Ye may not survive to pass this way again."

• Shifting cargo

Quote Originally Posted by DLmeg33 View Post
    I haven't made it into the city to see it yet. how is the parking near there? I was thinking about hitting up the de Young sometime next week to see King Tut and was planning to drive, so does anyone know if there's good parking?
    There is a lot of parking. There is a huge area of parking in front of the museum.

"Well I don't know about you folks, but it's way past my bedtime."