How much time should I set aside to see WDFM

Trying to plan a trip to SF in early Oct then want to drive down for DL for a few days before flying home from So. Cal. Would be a first time visit to SF and would like to spend about 3 days there. Just wondering how long should I plan on to see and enjoy the museum and without feeling rushed?

Also if you want to toss out some suggestions for things to do in SF feel free to.

• The Study of Wumbo

Re: How much time should I set aside to see WDFM

On Episode #54 of the Mousetalgia Podcast, the group discussed seeing the Museum at a D23 preview. They arrived at 3:00 PM, and found themselves rushing through the end of the museum to be out before the museum closed at 6. You can listen to the episode, but it sounds like three hours might not even be enough to go at a real Disney fan's pace.
    -Hale (wumbology)

a.k.a. h2mc, omnimover.mousetalgia, omnimover, wumbology, hogbackmtn, hhmcsharry, Hale M., h2m, h2mc

(I've never visited Disneyland Resort, Tokyo Disney Resort, Disneyland Resort Paris, nor Hong Kong Disneyland Resort, so don't be fooled when I pretend to know what I'm talking about. [But I'm pretty good with the information, if I do say so myself. And you can hit me all you want with Walt Disney World.])

• Embrace the kitsch!

I spent 4 1/2 hours there and still didn't see everything. It's a day by itself, especially if you take in a screening at their theater.
    Disneyland Historic Preservation Society
    Charter Member

• Refugee from a island

It really depends on how much time you want to spend. There is enough material (in my opinion) that you could spend the whole day there. I've been in the galleries on three different occassions since it opened, and I manage to find something new on each visit.

Ive been there. About 4 hours I would say. But like broadway said, thats not including a screening. Thats just walking through reading all the plaques and interacting with everything.

I recommend 3 hours for the museum.

For some suggestions of other museums to consider, see my thread:

Walt Disney Family Museum, Its Neighborhood, and Nearby Museums - Pictures

agreed, 4 - 4.5 hours... theres ALOT of information to see (wear comfortable shoes, you'll be standing and staring at stuff alot... and not alot of benches...)

• MiceChat News Team
    • Supervillan Extrodinaire

Blog Entries

Also be sure to check out the museums website to see what special events are going on.
    Growing older is manditory
    Growing up is however, optional

• Refugee from a island

Quote Originally Posted by OogieBoogie View Post
    Also be sure to check out the museums website to see what special events are going on.
    And do so early (Oct schedule isn't up yet) because us Museum members tend to snatch tickets for events pretty quickly.

• Leaping Into The Abyss

Even though I was really tired from the day before, I enjoyed the museum for 4 hours.
    Spyed the Black Pearl from Cabrillo Beach

Allow at least a full day if you're a true Disney fan- The Museum covers everything from Walt's ancestors coming to America to the telegrams Lillian received after his death, and EVERYTHING in between. It opens with a room lined with glass cases featuring all his awards, and every room has multiple things to see (and read). It culminates with a working miniature of Disneyland laid out on the floor-(No Pictures,Please!)-If you've never been to SF, the wharf is always worth the walk down to pier 39 and back to Ghirardelli square, if you're a gay visitor, don't miss the Castro district (18th street and Market), and a cable car ride is a must-allow 2 hours travel time from Market and Powell to the Wharf and back. Enjoy!

Thanks for the everyone for posting replys! I did take everyones suggestions into consideration even though I didn't get around to posting here much, sorry bout that.

I was at the museum on Oct 14th and had a fantastic time, we spend 5 hours there and would have stayed a little longer if I could. So bummed that they don't allow photos anywhere in the museum, there were some things in there I totally geeked out over and would have loved to snap a pic of (especially Walt's train and the DL model).

Loved sight seeing in SF, only thing we didn't get to do that I was hoping for was ride over to Alcatraz, it was sold out the days we were there.

• long time listener

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway Guru View Post
    I spent 4 1/2 hours there and still didn't see everything. It's a day by itself, especially if you take in a screening at their theater.
    I just did almost the same. We are total Diznoids and spent 11am-5pm there until my back was literally killing me. Not their fault, I just had a recent injury. The Christmas movie in the theater was adorable!!

What an amazing experience!!