• Very Helpful Old Feller

Well, reckon my heart's in Texas but right now I live down N'Olins way...

Celebrating the lifetime legacy of Walter Elias Disney

Howdy Pards,

December 5th, 1901...well over a hundred years ago now...over 110 to be exact. Well, that's the day Walter Elias Disney was born up Chicago way... He lived for just over 65 years...until December 15th, 1966. In that span of years some truly amazing things happened. Things that impacted not only the Disney Family...but the whole country and the entire world.

It's good to know that the Walt Disney Family Museum has been created to celebrate the life and times of Walt Disney.

There is so much to be learned from the lifetime of this famous storyteller...animator...film producer...director...voice actor...screenwriter...entrepreneur... philanthropist... entertainer... international icon...husband...and father.

And, who better to tell the story than his own daughter...Diane Disney Miller?

I'm curious. How many of us have had the chance to visit the museum? What were your impressions? Did you come away with an increased knowledge of the man? Do you have a better understanding of his world-wide impact? Did the museum accomplish it's purpose in celebrating the lifetime and legacy of Walt Disney?

Let's hear your thoughts.

Adios for now. Talk to ya on down the trail.

Wild Ol' Dan
    "I can see the cattle grazin' o'er the hills at early morn…
    I can see the campfires smokin’ at the breaking of the dawn,
    I can hear the bronco's neighin', I can hear the cowboys sing,
    I'd like to be in Texas for the Round-up in the Spring."

Re: Celebrating the lifetime legacy of Walter Elias Disney

I went there for a field trip last month. It was beautiful! We didn't have much time to explore the museum thoroughly, but I really enjoyed it. I really liked the wall of Steamboat Willie frames and the diorama of Walt Disney's dream Disneyland.

• Very Helpful Old Feller

Well, reckon my heart's in Texas but right now I live down N'Olins way...

Re: Celebrating the lifetime legacy of Walter Elias Disney

Howdy Pards,

Well, it is my sincere hope that more and more people hear about this place. There is so much to be learned about the lifetime of this incredible individual...not only from the perspective of history...but from the perspective of how to live the American dream.

Walt Disney's philosophy of life brought happiness into the lives of millions throughout the world. Just think of all the stories that have been told...all the lessons that have been learned...because of this remarkable storyteller and the company he built. Just think of all the families that have enjoyed Disneyland for the more that half a century...families that have laughed and played and learned...together.

Walt Disney was the solid foundation for what has become a huge entertainment empire... a Congressional Medal recipient...a Presidential Medal of Freedom recipient...a person who inspired hope, joy, wonder, enchantment, and the idea that "It's kinda fun to do the Impossible." "If we can dream it, we can do it."

He was a force of nature...yet he was a real person who loved his wife and daughters...and chili straight out of a can. His legacy lives on...and, I believe, will continue to live on as long as there is imagination left in our world.

Adios for now. Talk to ya on down the trail.

Wild Ol' Dan
    "I can see the cattle grazin' o'er the hills at early morn…
    I can see the campfires smokin’ at the breaking of the dawn,
    I can hear the bronco's neighin', I can hear the cowboys sing,
    I'd like to be in Texas for the Round-up in the Spring."