Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 613141516171819 ... LastLast

• Pirates Fanatic

Question Question

Now it says on imdb.com that upcoming 2013 movie The Lone Ranger is in the post production stage, what do you all think that means for Pirates of the Caribbean 5 at this point ? . I have a feeling that means that, Pirates of the Caribbean 5 will not be released until 2015.
    Last edited by Sean B; 08-09-2012 at 01:01 PM.
    Captain Jack Sparrow: Marina!.....Please Don't!

• Pirates Fanatic

Re: Pirates of the Caribbean 5

Here's how i think Pirates 5's "Developement-to-Theatrical-to-Blu-ray period" could happen. Okay, Here it is:

Pirates of the Caribbean 5 (2015)
    2012/2013-Title and Release Date revealed in late 2012 or early 2013 or mid-2013
    2014-Filming in Summer 2014, Filming completed in Fall/Winter 2014
    2015-Released to Theaters in July 2015 and then on Blu-ray in December 2015
    Last edited by Sean B; 10-25-2012 at 04:39 PM. Reason: error

I am starting to worry, there has been NO news on PoTC 5 in such a long time....
    Jack Sparrow: [to Weatherby Swann] I think we've all arrived at a very special place. Spiritually, ecumenically, grammatically.

• Pirates Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by kkapp11 View Post
    I am starting to worry, there has been NO news on PoTC 5 in such a long time....
    I think we'll start finding out more news and updates about the developement of Pirates of the Caribbean 5, once The Lone Ranger and one other movie that Johnny Depp will be starring in that's called The Grand Budapest Hotel have been completed with filming. Which i am not sure when that will be, because the release year for the movie called The Grand Budepest Hotel is not announced yet.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

The last one came out last year....really no need for a sequel for at least another 2 years....movies like Wolverine and Ironman are coming out a year from now and just started filming to they would be waiting to film it at least a year...or two from now

Also I don't think Disney is going to release a Pirates movies the same summer as a Marvel film....so I'd be looking out for years when a Marvel film is not coming out near the summer

• Pirates Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    Also I don't think Disney is going to release a Pirates movies the same summer as a Marvel film....so I'd be looking out for years when a Marvel film is not coming out near the summer
    I just now looked on comingsoon.net's theatrical release webpage for upcoming movies, and it appears to be that 2015 will be the year that Pirates of the Caribbean 5 will most likely be coming out in, because so far that year as far as i am aware of it has the least Marvel movies or no Marvel movies coming out in or near that Summer. And i guess Disney would release it that way, considering that they now own some upcoming Marvel movies, since Disney bought Marvel not too long ago.
    Last edited by Sean B; 08-16-2012 at 12:10 PM. Reason: added a sentence

Disney has confirmed Avengers 2 to be released May of 2015, so that kinda pushes PoTC out, for at least that month for a release date, don't you think? I'm hoping for filming to happen next year and a release in 2014, at the latest....
    Last edited by kkapp11; 08-18-2012 at 11:45 AM. Reason: misspell
    Jack Sparrow: [to Weatherby Swann] I think we've all arrived at a very special place. Spiritually, ecumenically, grammatically.

• Pirates Fanatic

Disney has confirmed Avengers 2 to be released May of 2015, so that kinda pushes PoTC out, for at least that month for a release date, don't you think? I'm hoping for filming to happen next year and a release in 2014, at the latest....
    Do you think that might mean that Pirates Pirates 5 will be released to theaters by July 2015, rather it being released to theaters in May 2015 ? Actually, I don't think that they will start filming Pirates 5, until 2014 for a 2015 theatrical release to theaters, considering that The Lone Ranger is another Disney-Bruckheimer-Depp movie that is coming out in July 2013. I don't expect filming on Pirates 5 to start until Summer 2014.

NEWS AT LASTTTT!!!
    Johnny is said to agree to $90 million paycheck to play our beloved Capn Jack Sparrow in Pirates 5, so says MTV-UK.
    Sounds like a starting place to me!!!

• Pirates Fanatic

NEWS AT LASTTTT!!!
    Johnny is said to agree to $90 million paycheck to play our beloved Capn Jack Sparrow in Pirates 5, so says MTV-UK.
    Sounds like a starting place to me!!!
    Yes, i cannot believe it! . This is best news regarding Pirates of the Caribbean 5 that i have heard yet! . Hopefully, Penelope Cruz and Geoffrey Rush will be signing on next, as well as the crew of the Black Pearl and the new crew of the Queen Anne's Revnege. It would be cool if all the models/actresses who played the Mermaids in Pirates 4, return for Pirates of the Caribbean 5 and same with Astrid Berges Frisbey and Sam Claflin's characters Syrena and Philip. It seems like Philip and Syrena's part of the story/plot was left like a cliff-hanger at the end of Pirates 4 .

$90 million?

For some some great trip reports, features and reviews, please check out http://www.thedisneylandreport.com.

• Pirates Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by disneylandreport View Post
    $90 million?
    Well it could be $90 million. There are websites saying $94 million, $90 million and $75 million. It will probably be made more clear in a day or two, about how much he will really be getting paid for Pirates of the Caribbean 5.

• Goofy

i hope the ragetti the one with the plastic eyes comes back and his friend too. and the deaf pirate and his parrot friend too. its not pirates without them.

• Pirates Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Rex Dopey24 View Post
    i hope the ragetti the one with the plastic eyes comes back and his friend too. and the deaf pirate and his parrot friend too. its not pirates without them.
    Actually, what it was that he had was a wooden eye, he did not have a plastic eye . Also, yes i hope so too that and Cotton and his Parrot, and the rest of the crew of the Black Pearl return as well .
    Last edited by Sean B; 08-22-2012 at 11:04 AM. Reason: added words

it is still being said 5 and 6 will be filmed back to back, so maybe this large salary is for both films......IF there is any truth to the news at ALL!!

Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 613141516171819 ... LastLast