Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ... 714151617181920 ... LastLast

• Pirates Fanatic

Re: Pirates of the Caribbean 5

Quote Originally Posted by kkapp11 View Post
    it is still being said 5 and 6 will be filmed back to back, so maybe this large salary is for both films......IF there is any truth to the news at ALL!!
    If Pirates 5 and Pirates 6 end up getting filmed back to back, hopefully Pirates 5 and Pirates 6's scripts will be written seperately rather then at the same time . I would not want to see the result of rushed scripts in Pirates 5 and Pirates 6 .
    Captain Jack Sparrow: Marina!.....Please Don't!

Re: Piromissionates of the Caribbean 5

I don't think they have been rushed, but they are possibly the result of the script being rewritten over the past year. I suspect the "scripts" have been written during this time and I have read that #5 is a "stand alone" film.....and I am now hearing a salary of $116 million!! HAHAHA!!
    ~gottaluvjohnny~
    Last edited by kkapp11; 08-23-2012 at 01:50 PM. Reason: omission
    Jack Sparrow: [to Weatherby Swann] I think we've all arrived at a very special place. Spiritually, ecumenically, grammatically.

• Pirates Fanatic

Re: Piromissionates of the Caribbean 5

I don't think they have been rushed, but they are possibly the result of the script being rewritten over the past year. I suspect the "scripts" have been written during this time and I have read that #5 is a "stand alone" film.....and I am now hearing a salary of $116 million!! HAHAHA!!
    ~gottaluvjohnny~
    Pirates 2 and Pirates 3 were filmed back to back with unfinished scripts . Pirates 1 was originally supposed to be a stand alone film as well like Pirates 4, until they decided to continue the Pirates of the Caribbean movies with Pirates 2,3, and 4 . Yes, Pirates 5 it will have a stand-alone story/plot, like what Pirates 1 and Pirates 4 stories/plots are. Unlike Pirates 2 and Pirates 3 that have stories/plot that lead one right into the next one.

On Stranger Tides was based on a novel by Tim Powers, a quite prolific fantasy writer.

For some some great trip reports, features and reviews, please check out http://www.thedisneylandreport.com.

• Infinitized!

It's great Pirates is still continuing amongst all the Marvel movies... but I still want to see National Treasure 3 hit the screen. I want to know what's on page 47!

• Pirates Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by disneylandreport View Post
    On Stranger Tides was based on a novel by Tim Powers, a quite prolific fantasy writer.

Yes, but Pirates 4 was partially based off of the "On Stranger Tides" novel. It was not completely based off of the "On Stranger Tides" novel.
    Last edited by Sean B; 08-24-2012 at 11:53 AM. Reason: error

I read the book and although there are alot of similarities, the stories are quite different, but I believe Disney would like us to think they are linked more than we realize. I am not sure the lawsuit is on or not.....
    Jack Sparrow: [to Weatherby Swann] I think we've all arrived at a very special place. Spiritually, ecumenically, grammatically.

• Pirates Fanatic

I read the book and although there are alot of similarities, the stories are quite different, but I believe Disney would like us to think they are linked more than we realize. I am not sure the lawsuit is on or not.....
    I doubt that there is any lawsuit invloved. Tim Powers did not seem to mind, that they were using parts of the On Stranger Tides novels story in Pirates 4. I cannot wait to see where they take Pirates 5's story though, that will certainly be interesting to see on screen in Pirates 5.
    Last edited by Sean B; 08-24-2012 at 08:24 PM.

Oh NO! Sorry Sean, not a lawsuit with Tim Powers, but with a man who claims to have written the script for a movie and tried to sell it to Disney, and shared the viewing of the script with a few people and they after Pirates~Curse of the Black Pearl came out He claims it is near identical to "his" script. Lawsuit has been around for several years and has very little to do* with Tim Powers. Disney in fact bought movie rights to Mr. Powers book.

*Disney has made claims in defending against this lawsuit, that all the Pirate movies had some script connections with Tim Powers' book, but the man filing the lawsuit claims differently.....I have not heard any news in this regard in over a year.

---------- Post added 08-25-2012 at 03:53 PM ----------

PIRATES LAWSUIT Artist vs Disney Company-

This is the webpage for information about the lawsuit if you care to look at it.

• Pirates Fanatic

Oh NO! Sorry Sean, not a lawsuit with Tim Powers, but with a man who claims to have written the script for a movie and tried to sell it to Disney, and shared the viewing of the script with a few people and they after Pirates~Curse of the Black Pearl came out He claims it is near identical to "his" script. Lawsuit has been around for several years and has very little to do* with Tim Powers. Disney in fact bought movie rights to Mr. Powers book.

*Disney has made claims in defending against this lawsuit, that all the Pirate movies had some script connections with Tim Powers' book, but the man filing the lawsuit claims differently.....I have not heard any news in this regard in over a year.

---------- Post added 08-25-2012 at 03:53 PM ----------

PIRATES LAWSUIT Artist vs Disney Company-

This is the webpage for information about the lawsuit if you care to look at it.
    Maybe the guy you're mentioning of has given up by now, if nothing about it has been done about it since then ?

No, Royce Mathews has not given up yet. He has revamped his suit to include A.C.Crispin, the author that Disney approved to write the latest PoTC book, "Pirates of the Caribbean:The Price of Freedom"(Which I bought off the computer, but alas, I have not read). More info at this site, if you have further interest~
    ~
    Royce Mathews Continues to Fight Exploitation: Pirates of the Caribbean Debate The Write Agenda

• Pirates Fanatic

No, Royce Mathews has not given up yet. He has revamped his suit to include A.C.Crispin, the author that Disney approved to write the latest PoTC book, "Pirates of the Caribbean:The Price of Freedom"(Which I bought off the computer, but alas, I have not read). More info at this site, if you have further interest~
    ~
    Royce Mathews Continues to Fight Exploitation: Pirates of the Caribbean Debate The Write Agenda
    I think that by now Royce Mathews should just give up, don't you think he should just give up ?

Wowee! I haven't been on this board in a long time!

Sooo, how's everybody? AND whats new?? Any P5 news??

Hmmmm, hello? Anybody here? Oh well.

After reading rumors about how much $$$$$$$ JD is suppose to make for P5, I read this today...

Breakdown of Johnny Depp's Rumored $95M Payday for 'Pirates 5'

Let's get something straight before we kick this off. The Sun's recent ridiculous rumor that Johnny Depp could command a massive $95 million paycheck for Pirates of the Caribbean 5 is ludicrous and in all likelihood will not happen. (There were rumors that he would score $75 million for On Stranger Tides, but that didn't pan out, either.) But for the sake of argument and to have a little fun, let's just pretend that this preposterous deal actually goes through so we can break down just how ridiculous this monster payday would be for the actor. Prepare yourselves, because this quickly gets hilarious and sad all at the same time.For the purposes of this piece, we're going to have to make a lot of assumptions, so let's lay those out before we get into running these insane numbers. Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides (#4) shot for 106 days, so let's assume that Pirates 5 shoots for the exact same time. Let's also give Depp the benefit of the doubt and say that he'll actually be working every single one of those 106 days, which is something that absolutely wouldn't happen in a real life scenario. Let's also say that not only will he work those days, but he'll put in 12 hour workdays every single time he steps on set. (This is also laughable, because while actors are certainly known to sometimes put in 16 or 17 hour days in extreme circumstances, the likelihood that he or she would work a full 12 for the entire shoot of a huge studio film isn't even remotely possible.)So, with these assumptions in place, let's get to the fun part. If Depp were to secure a $95 million payday for this project and work the amount listed above, he would end up making a whopping $896,226 per day. This translates into a shocking $74,685 per hour, which comes down to a sickening $1,245 per minute, and a you've-gotta-be-kidding-me $20.75 per second. Let that sink in for a second. Keep in mind, the income of the average American worker was just $40,584 in 2010. This means in just over 32 minutes, Depp would hypothetically make more than the average American pulls in during an entire year.Again, we want to stress that it's not likely that Depp will make this much for the film up front, but since he has locked down a staggering $350 million from the Pirates franchise alone over the years, it's possible that he could wheel and deal his way into some back end profits and end up walking away with something close to these numbers. This was more of a "what if" scenario, but even without confirmation that it's true, the price disparity between Depp's potential earnings and what an average person makes in a year is a sobering reminder of Hollywood excess. Pretty crazy, right?
    Breakdown of Johnny Depp's Rumored $95M Payday for 'Pirates 5' | FirstShowing.net

Last edited by averagejo; 08-30-2012 at 07:48 PM.

• Pirates Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by averagejo View Post
    Wowee! I haven't been on this board in a long time!

Sooo, how's everybody? AND whats new?? Any P5 news??
    Yes, actually there is! . Pirates 5 might be coming out in 2015. A bunch of movie websites, now have "2015" listed as its release year. Also, I recently had talked Terry Rossio on his website meaning wordplayer.com, and i asked him about Pirates 5's release date. He told me that it will be announced in October 2012 , but Terry came on there again and said that Pirates 5's movie title and release date will be announced in April 2013 . That may also mean that Pirates 5's full movie title will be announced during then as well or mabe right around then.

Quote Originally Posted by averagejo View Post
    Hmmmm, hello? Anybody here? Oh well.

After reading rumors about how much $$$$$$$ JD is suppose to make for P5, I read this today...

Breakdown of Johnny Depp's Rumored $95M Payday for 'Pirates 5' | FirstShowing.net

I read that as well and i have say that at this rate, with how much money Johnny Depp will be making from Pirates 5, and despite what Terry Rossio says or has said, Disney(the studio) and Jerry Bruckheimer may end up wanting to make a Pirates 6. Johnny Depp might even want to return as well, considering that hes said before that he loves playing Captain Jack Sparrow .
    Last edited by Sean B; 08-31-2012 at 02:50 PM. Reason: error

Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ... 714151617181920 ... LastLast